Martha Forums

Daily 10:00 AM on Between Seasons

Theme Song Question

TheTSArt

[1]Aug 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    I've never been good at deciphering words in songs... so I've been wondering what part of the opening theme says...

At one point the song sounds something like, "I'm not the same girl..." then I'm not for sure. To me it sounds like either (don't laugh), "who used your stove" or "you used to know."

But then right after, the song goes, "Yes I am! Yes I am!" Which to me, makes it sound like the song is disagreeing with itself!

Any thoughts?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dude6363

[2]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 60

Hi! We talked for a while and I tracked and wrote you but you didn't respond to either why? Also this is what I got: du dududu Why don't you stop? Stop! And look the other? Look The Other! Am I the same girl that you something something? Am I the same girl? Yes I am! Yes I am! I think that is on the track to being right since this show was supposed to show the lighter and "Nice Martha" vs. "Mean Martha" and this is showing I am not a bee-yotch after all even though I thought she never was. Apperently this is a song from the 70's or something but I don't know the tytle and google.com-ing the lyircs would be unsuccessful. I have also wondered these things as well. I just LOVE!!!!!!!! The pics shown in the theme like how martha in the beginning walks through the cover of her first book in 1982 Martha Stewart Entertaining (WHICH I OWN!!!!) and it's like it's me! I'm not like that anymore i'm nice! And the pics of past her and scenes are just 2 die 4!

TheTSArt

[3]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    dude6363, I'm sorry, are you sure I'm the person you talked to? I really can't remember talking to anyone on TV.com before, outside of an occasional post on a board like this one.
    It's been a crazy year for me, so I'm sorry if I've just forgotten.

Thanks for your take on the theme... Now that I think about it, it does have the ring of an older song to it... perhaps even earlier, the 50s or 60s?

I wonder if now that the whole prison thing has passed, if they'll change the opening? I noticed that the title of the show has went from "Martha" to "The Martha Stewart Show."

dude6363

[4]Sep 7, 2006
    Yeah we talked in the Martha forum Katie Sagal? Ana? and I am tracking u but u didn't track back. I know it's an old song I haven't the slightest what decade and I couldn't even give u a little bit of a guess for artist. You know I should have thought of what the Editor for this show is doing. She is getting those e-mail's saying what's up this week on Martha and just adding the episode and rewording it. I can't believe I didn't think of that since i'm on that mailing list. It isn't exactly rocket science. I love this clips because in the beginning we see Martha walk through her 1982 first book MS Entertaining and it shows her all starchy and like wax-like and here comes now martha and she's like hi! lol. I can't believe she's 65!?! I wonder what her secret is... do you contribute to Martha Stewart the guide? Check it out to get to it one of the ways is just go on the cast of this show and Click MS. The editor of her is really mean she won't let anything pass so don't think of it as casual adding. Check out the guide it's pretty kool...

stillcountry

[5]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    I love the theme song music they use now but I sure do miss the original opening and music...I too have the Entertaining book, I bought it back in 1982 when it came out.I have alot of her other books as well.
    Edited on 02/26/2008 9:07pm

dude6363

[6]Aug 24, 2008
    If anyone still cares, it was "Am I The Same Girl?" by The Swing Out Sisters.