Martin Mystery

YTV (ended 2006)

CyberCartoon

Martin Mystery Fan Reviews (76)

• Martin Mystery is an incredible show that blends elements from other cartoons and perfects them masterfully. An incredibly polished production.

While the first two seasons had a few problems with the repetitiveness of the episodes, the thid season fixed all that and brought with it a plethora of new things that made this show seem fresh.

Season 1

The first season is very solid, presenting the lives of Martin, Diana and Java at Torrington Academy. Every episode in this season has the same continuity: the three friends (mostly Martin) have difficulties at school, they get called by the Center, they get a briefing from MOM (and Martin usually wrecks her office whenever they're summoned), they travel to places ranging from exotic isles to mountain lodges, they always solve the case, and in the end they solve whatever problems they had at the beginning of the episode.

Martin and Diana often have bets and argue almost constantly in every episode. There are moments when the two stepsiblings mellow out and learn to appreciate each other more. Martin is a teenager bursting with energy who is constantly trying to tease his stepsister while Diana is more down-to-earth and serious. While Diana is preoccupied with school assignments, Martin is always trying to seduce girls (and fails miserably all the time). Martin also loves the paranormal while Diana tries to figure out a logical explanation for the oddities they encounter on their missions.

It's nice having two characters with conflicting personalities in the spotlight, but Diana's lack of faith in the paranormal started to tick me off as the season progressed. After all the monsters they fought you would imagine Diana would be more open to paranormal theories.

Billy, while generally entertaining, isn't exactly a very imaginative character. His design is quite boring and he needs more defining traits. MOM, on the other hand, is a great character: she's quite strict but it's always interesting to see her latest contraptions and machines (which Martin is bound to break sooner or later).

A flaw in the first season (and to a lesser extent the second season) is that the episodes have the same structure, thus making the show seem more barren and straight-forward.

The mysteries they solve in this season are great and very imaginative, however. There's actually quite a lot of interesting facts in these episodes that have something to do with real life legends and myths. For example, in one episode the gang is sent to a Chinese village where they stop the ressurection of an evil emperor. In another episode, they find a sea creature called Leviathan, who attacked innocent people because its treasure was looted.

All in all, this is a good season. It has a few flaws but it's definitely something.

8.0/10

Season 2

This season is better than the first one in multiple ways. First off, the show becomes less repetitive: Martin and Diana stop having bets all the time and the way they are summoned to the Center is more creative.

The episodes are also great and even more interesting than before. Billy's character is improved A LOT in the first two episodes of season 2. Towards the last episode, this season really hit the nail on the head by being more imaginative and less by the book.

The creatures encountered by the group are also better by a longshot, ranging from your run-of-the-mill beast to evil mind-controlling creatures. The Vampire and the Djini are two really cool creatures and the episodes they appear in are some of this season's jewels.

This season also features 2 two-parters: They Came from Outer Space and They Came from the Gateway. There's a disappointingly small number of episodes, however. The first season featured 26 episodes while this one only features 14 (with 2 two-parters).

To sum things up, this season improves upon the foundation of the first one, but it still suffers from the set episode routine from the first season, albeit not as much. It also has too few episodes.

8.5/10

Season 3

This season completely revamps the series and makes Martin Mystery one of the best cartoons. It fixes technically everything from the first two seasons and introduces a refreshing amount of new elements to the show.

The first major change is Billy's new identity: he acquires a human shell and can now hang with the rest of the team at Torrington Academy. This greatly improves his character as he goes on missions with Martin, Diana and Java. Also, the team no longer has to go to the Center for a briefing on their mission; they can just use Martin's new Mini Center Computer in his dorm room. This saves a lot of time for the action itself while showing more of Martin's life at Torrington. The protagonist hasn't changed much as he is still obsessed over girls and would do anything to get a date (from powerlifting to sculpture to hypnosis). He also finally gets a girlfriend (for two episodes) and furthers his relationship with Diana. Java is still the same, although he's less active on the field with Billy often taking his place.

The monsters are great and the plots are better by a longshot. This time, most of the action takes place at Torrington, and the characters often get possessed or controlled by indirect means. It's definitely a step ahead from the previous seasons.

One of the funniest aspects of this season is Martin and his elaborate dating schemes. They're so farfetched and hilarious! I couldn't help it but feel like there was a more prominent rift between Diana and Martin in this season, specifically towards the end. They seem to interact less, which is partly because they each found new interests.

To conclude, this season really has no apparent flaws. Everything from characters to execution is flawless, the animation is better, the plots are more intricate and there is more attention to details. The humor is also amazing, making this the wildest and most likeable season of the show.

10/10

Overall, Martin Mystery is a very solid show with great animation and great episodes. There were some issues at first, but the producers rectified them and brought to us one of the best cartoons to air on TV.

Overall score: 9
  • GIVE MARTIN MYSTERY BACK AND COMPLETE IT...............................................................

Martin Mystery must be the best show created by Marathon animations. The plots are awesome! And also Martin's gadgets are way better than Totally Spies. And the U-Watch is amazing. I really like the animation. And the graphics are almost 3-D. And the Center is cool because it also have agents from other planets. Also i don't know why it ended so fast. It truly was a great show loved by really want the show and complete it.............................................................................
  • "Martin Mystery is one of the Best Cartoon Series Ever" which i don't forget to Mention.

I don't care what few Critics say about this Show but I Love this Show so much that i have saw each and every episodes of Martin Mystery.

And i even have downloaded almost all the shows to my Laptop & Smartphone.

I'm waiting for the new Season of Martin Mystery & also waiting for a Movie in the Future...
  • Martin mystery was the best tv show ive seen

They should bring back martin mystery cuz i want to see what happens on the next episode and it was just getting good to

• Its a shame when they dont give cartoons a chance

I cant believe that they took off all of the good cartoons like,martin mystery, totally spies, totally loved the shows, please bring them back, they are better than some that is on tv right now, even if you add them to boomerang
  • Another fabulous Cartoon first made by Nick that was hardly given a chance, and this show also has a pretty high score.

Why Nicktoon's Network wanted to erase this show off the air i don't know. Though in my opinion i am just saying that may have been a mistake, as a lot of people like this show. Although Nick canceled this pretty quickly, it would have been nice if Nicktoon's Network continued to show fabulous reruns for us to see. Even though there is always the internet, it just doesn't seem the same in my eyes where you can't catch episodes of some great shows on TELEVISION that unfortunately didn't last long. The shows are endless, since there's so many of them that i would like to be renewed. Well at least Martin Mystery was great while it lasted, another one of my past favorites, and how i miss Dianna so much. i think i am running out of things to say, so i will leave off with this: Martin mystery was a great show, as i always enjoyed seeing the funny main characters, and them taking on all of these sweet villains, billy was so cute too. That was mind-bending though discovering in an episode that he had a past of being an evil alien and destroyed many planets! Yikes! i am glad that he decided to be a good person though! You were great while you lasted Martin Mystery so Rest in peace. I will miss you greatly. i guess no show can last forever, but it is always great when good shows like this are able to last long. but that is what renews are for! You know, adding past shows with new sequels or something like that.
  • It looked decent but didn't end up staying that way.

I watched this once and it just didn't clik with me. I truly think that the animation could be incredibly better. I say don't watch this because to me it is mind numbing. It is not unique in any way as the style of drawing is used in other shows. I know animation is hard, but it could be better. I will not watch this show.
  • Martian Mystery to me is America's attempt to anime. Yes, it does indeed have it's charming parts, my favorite would be its use of chibi, however, it still needs a bit of work to compete with other anime shows. Just think of it this way, Would Japan accep

Martain Mystery is indeed enjoyable. However, I highly doubt most would say this show competes well with true anime.
    The plot is original and the characters, enjoyable, and watching and listening to the different monsters, ghouls, and ghosts, does indeed intrest me.
    As Martain, his step-sister, Diana, and their friend Java, a cave man frozen for a lengthy bit of time, fight and outsmart every creature that come their way, I watch with interest. The chibi forms it uses, usually while Martain and Diana disagree, is probably my favorite part. It's comical, and usually makes me laugh.
    However, I still believe that this show is not as great as true anime, even though it comes fairly close. With a bit of fine tuning in some places, it could be a wonderful show.
  • about a teenage oy named martin who works for the center and the monsters and paranormal stuff he cathches...etc...

martin mystery rawks like totally! at first, i thought i would, like, hate it, but as it turns out, i love it! it is ultimately my favourite show!!!! seriously!
    quote:
    wont love it till youve tried it!

i seriously suggest this for all totally spies fans out there! yupps. this show is like.... wow. its amazing. phew![i meant that in a good way]
  • The Best Show Ever!!!

and who didn´t see this show yet, don´t know what fun means! Martin Mystery is my favorite show ever! The paranormal world with a lot of fun. Who likes Totally Spies, surely will like it too! This show rocks!
    " you just will like it, if you watch it."
  • Better than Totally Spies!!

Martin Mystery must be the best show created by Marathon animations. The plots are awesome! And also Martin's gadgets are way better than Totally Spies. And the U-Watch is amazing. I really like the animation. And the graphics are almost 3-D. And the Center is cool because it also have agents from other planets. Also i don't know why it ended so fast. It truly was a great show loved by millions.I really like Martin because he is hilarious. Well Done Marathon!!
  • A good show about a teenage boy, his step-sister, and their caveman friend. What WOULDN'T you like about that?

A pretty good show. I don\'t watch it much anymore, but when I\'m not busy on the computer, it\'s nice to tune in to it. Good plotlines, well developed characters, and it\'s not all hokey like some other shows. Pretty good I\'d say. Not bad, in fact, it\'s one of my personal faves.
  • Martin Mystery, his step-sister Diana and their Caveman friend Java are all secret agents for the Center.

Martin Mystery, his step-sister Diana and their Caveman friend Java are all secret agents for the Center. There, they are greeted by MOM, the center's leader, and Billy, the little helpful green alien. This show has lots of Action, comidy, conflict and if you count Martin's mindless flirting - tons of romance (without going overboard).

Martin Mystery is a student from Torrington academy. He's got the lowest grades, the messiest dorm, and the record for the most flirting.

Diana Lombard is Martin's smart step-sister. She's one of the smartest students there! She's a total neat freak, and she only falls for a guy with brains, a good personality, and. . . . . . well ,actually, she's in love with any guy with a nice body.

Java the Caveman was origanall unfrozen and brought to the Center for studying. Then, Martin let the newly named Java out, andhe became an agent for the center.

This show has to be one of the top 3 in my list! I suggest, that if you haven't watched it, YOU SHOULD!
  • Funny, disgusting and did I say funny?

The show is about two secret agents who investigate in the paranormal. Along the way, they find themselves in a sticky and disgusting predictament. I simply love the show for one reason. Martin Mystery. No wonder the show is named after him because he is the funniest character in the series. The relationship between him and his sister is the best chemestry I've seen in along time. I recommend this show to anyone who likes comedy and is a real supernatural buff. I hope this show can continue for a long time because it always manages to crack me up. Keep up the great work.
  • great show

k whoever dosent watch martin mystery or neva heard of it in their lifes WATCH IT it is ace no brill even, there is slime action more action aliens paranormal and did i forget to say ACTION

watch u will luv it

trust me it will be so good

here is a bit of info

it is all about 2 16 year olds and a caveman who works for the centre (in paranormal) their names are: martin diana java along with the green alien billy and M.O.M their boss (also boss of the centre). it is great worth watching
  • Great!

From what i've seen, this is a great show. but that isnt saying much being that i havent even seen one episode. I have seen one half of one episode but it was very good except for the midget alien and that damn caveman. but other than that its pretty gooooood.
  • This show is just right but......

Well.... I suppose Martin Mystery is nice but not as nice as Totally Spies( My 1# show) Oh anyway, maybe they should put scarier creatures so that it would be more interesting than now. Maybe you could add more goo to each episode or any other disgusting stuff to make in even more interesting. I'm not saying thta it is not nice,but maybe it could improve a bit more.Don't you think so???
  • Very good.

This show may look like Totally Spies but it doesn't have the valley girl style to it.Martin Mystery is a good show,It was created by the same girl who made totally spies (Stephane Berry)so that is why it looks like totally spies.This show is funny and sometimes a little bit freaky it shows appearences of demons and if i say so myself they look pretty damn good.I saw the very first episode and wasn't too impressed so I gave it one more shot,I liked that one a little bit better and decided to watch more and it is actually a very good show.The show made a quote about leviathon,a sea serpent or monster in mythology and I was a little surprised its not a very popular mythical beast.So if you don't like this show please give it one more shot watch one more episode.
  • Totally Spies is MUCH better than this waste of Nick's time.

0.0
    OK so first of all Gene Simmons is screwing up Nick. Next there is that show known as Avatar. Now the creators of Totally Spies are neglecting what made them famous. I can not even begin to describe how this show is. First of all before commercial break it does the Martin Mystery title thing just like Totally Spies, it does not have its own music, I mean if you ask me this show is absolutely nothing but self-plagarism to the creators. This show does not have its own plots. I mean Martin, Diana, that alien thing, and Java are just horrible versions of Totally Spies.
  • i like martin mystery

Martin mystery isn't as bad as other people say it is ,it may not be as good as totally spies but it is a good cartoon ,it's about martin and his sister diana along with java the caveman ,martin and gang are secret agents that solve mysteries about strange things that happen like aliens that want to destroy earth.
  • I know Nick isn't very good, but this show is better.

When I looked at the reviews, nobody seems to like the show. They all think that Nick isn't any good. But I never really watched Nick until I saw SpongeBob. And several of the classic Nick shows are stupid, so why do people think that all of them were great and all of the new shows are dumb? Nick may have gotten worse by adding Catscratch and Denny Phantom and Fairly Oddparents and Jimmy Neutron which are several of the bad shows, and those annoying commercials, and adding anything that has to do with Will Smith, but not all of the new shows are bad, and they shouldn't have to end because everybody thinks that any new show is not going to be worth watching.

Nick once aired all kinds of these shows, but all of the ones now are this one and My Life As A Teenage Robot. And if the show is like Totally Spies, that is exactly why I like it. and the stories are also good.

But I have seen that Martin is clumsy around lab equipment. Their leader allways tries to keep him from messing things up. But so far, what I've seen from this show, and I have not seen very much of it, it is not a bad show.

They should make a movie out of it, instead of showing Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Oddparents, and Danny Phantom commercials over and over and over again.
  • Martin Mystery is about two mismatch teenagers, Martin and Diana, that travel with Java the Caveman while working for the Center.

I LOVE Martin Mystery. It's hilarious with great comedy and humor. Although they could maybe put scarier monsters, a little bit of blood probably, new gadgets, more episodes, and they could draw the chibis/SD expressions better. They could make more of the episodes with Marvin in, since it makes the show more interesting and hilarious. I don't mean to offend anybody, though.
  • All it needs are more episodes.

Martin Mystery is pretty ok. I don't watch it everytime it's on but I still like to see what paranormal activity happens. My fav was when 'Mom' was under that guys control and wanted power.

It seems that others don't like the show but that's their opinion, just like this is mine.

BWF
    (Beast Wars Fan)
  • I cannot stand this show. It just has a few episodes, neither of which are worth watching.

0.0
    It just has a few episodes, neither of which are worth watching. The only good episode was the witch episode, and it was ok. This show needs to be cancelled ASAP. All I can say about this show is that it is boring and unorignal. Nickelodeon and Nicktoons has better stuff to show than this. The show is just 2 "teens" and a caveman solving mysteries, haven't we gotten enough of that with all of the freakin' Scooby Doo spin offs?Well, the ones actually worth watching anyway. Anyway, this show was based upon another show in which a british couple soves mysteries.
  • Boasting Lots of Tongue-and-cheek humor along with some decent enough Voice Acting and Archie's Weird Mysteries like Plot, Martin Mystery is a Great Show, If Not Spectacular like Totally spies.

Martin msytery is about Martin a 16 Year Old high School teen along with his Sister Diana and their Loyal Assitant Java, a Cave man. Mratin is just like a normal teenager, curious about everything and crazy about becasutiful girls. Diana on the other hand is exact opposie of martin, although she was Originally his Girlfriend in Martin Mystere Comic, she is now his Step Sister, (w00t!) unlike martin She is serious, Intelligent and geeky. and often criticizes Martin's Work. They work at a Secret Org knows as 'The Center' think, MiB Headquaters but now a Beatiful Woman Controlling Operations rather than Z! Mom is the head Honcho of The Center, similar to Diana, she is all work no play, yet martin Tends to Flirt with her more often than not. In each episode there faced with paranormal mysteries, and some of the best Sci-Fi Plots you'd ever get see. to give them a Little hand, there's Billy the Martian, who idolized Martin and has a very corny voice for whatever reason. Although, they don't solve msteries using Brutal Gritty Weapons, they have a Highly Futuristic Watch which tends to hel them inevery episode, Called Q-Watch martin Always wears it, and to out surprise, even tho he is such as kid at times, we never really see him fiddling with the watch whatsoever. the Q-Watch is a Multi utility belt at best, it can give Various gadgets by trasmiting them from center. all of this is done decently, the main problem is the action never feels sort of Adrenaline Pumping or exciting, even tho we do get to see some cool action scenes, but that's about it, and unless you consider Diana and martin fighting like kids funny, the show become boring at it's best. the Voice acting is mediocre, it could have been a LOT better, seeing that Totally spies boast excellent Voice Overs, it's pity that Marathon left this half baked. martin tends to scream likea kid and dian always looks consitpated and sounds as well! overall, martin Mystery is a great show, for waht it offers, it's decent, not as spectacular as Totally spies, still it packs mighty punch at some areas. if you're a fan of of Totally spies you would enjoy this show, i know i did!
  • Just plain awesome.

I personally think this is a great show. It has some really interesting characters, and can be quite funny at times, especially with Martin. And the stuff that they invest, and the creatures they fight, are just plain cool. As are some of the fight sequences in this show. And the U-watch is pretty neat, as well.

Overall, this is great. I can't understand why some people don't like it. It could be slightly better in some aspects, but it's great overall.
  • this is one of the most funny and freaky shows I've seen! I love Martin Mystery!

this has to be one of the greatest shows Marathon has ever made! I especially liked Curse Of the Necklace and the two parters! both were great! I'm most like Martin because we both love the paranormal world! this show is funny and exciting its funciting! oh gotta remember that!
  • The show uses an above average quality of animation, borrowing many of the ideas found in Japanese animation. The concept is basically a Hardy Boys level Kolshak.

France has been producing some interesting animation lately, starting with CyberSix. Martin Mystery is Marathon\\\'s show for boys. Totally Spies is their girls show.
  • A teenager named Martin and his friend Diana goes on missions with a caveman and an alien.

2.3
    Can Martin solve this mystery? Why was it ever made? Two teenagers and a caveman is kinda dumb. The mysteries are almost insulting to the loads of actual good mystery shows like Scooby Doo. It is poor and I doubt anyone will disagree. This is a nick show made during failures like My Dads a Rockstar and El Tigre which both are about to and get/got cancelled. This show is rated E and should be C- ( which stands for children 6-0 and should be cancelled as soon as possible. This is my conclusion sentenc: Nick gone down the ruddy drain
  • This show is great, its got the same concept as Totally Spies with some paranormal mixed in. Martin Mystery is deamed almost unfit for Television by the critics of America. But some of the people in america, who say "screw the critics", think that this sh

Martin Mystery is a great show, but the USA doesn't appreciate its true value. This is a one of a kind show that deserves to not only stay on the air, but also deserves all of its episodes to be aired too. I am sooo sick of watching episodes that I've already seen 10 times before. Martin Mystery should get as much attention as Totally Spies does. The reason Nickolodeon stopped airing Martin Mystery is because it wasn't funny enough. Cartoon Network is a great place for Martin Mystery becuase Cartoon Network focuses more on action than comedy.
< 1 2 3