Martin Forums

FOX (ended 1997)

Funniest Moment in Martin

KingofIPirates

[1]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 32
    For me the funniest moment in Martin was when he went on vacation and fought the rat. That had me rolling(literally rolling on the floor) during the entire scene. To me that is the funniest moment in comedic history!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 52
    For me the funniest moment was anything featuring Jerome.  He made me watch Martin. 

kenya85

[3]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 10

KingofIPirates wrote:
    For me the funniest moment in Martin was when he went on vacation and fought the rat. That had me rolling(literally rolling on the floor) during the entire scene. To me that is the funniest moment in comedic history!

I have to agree, that was the funniest moment. That's probably the moment that everybody remembers the most.

homeydaclown

[4]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 13
    There are so many funny momments. A lot I can't remeber about Martin fightint that puppy possom. That was maad funny!!!

ClaudeLv250

[5]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 4
    That was my favorite too.

I liked when they went to the ski slopes with the white woman named Aquanetta and the black activist.

"What they never told you was that the first snowman was BLACK!"

Shanice was always funny too.

"Let's go hit the slopes."

"Why would we want to hit the slopes? They didn't do anything to us."

Dzyres

[6]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 7
    Do you all remember when  I think Iman was playing Martin's old school teacher? She was trying to get with Martin and Gina found out. I still crack up when I see Gina put down the duffel bag and takes her Vaseline and sneakers out of the bag! Lol, I think she was tying her hair back too. Lol madness.

Dzyres

[7]Oct 25, 2006
    Do you all remember when  I think Iman was playing Martin's old school teacher? She was trying to get with Martin and Gina found out. I still crack up when I see Gina put down the duffel bag and takes her Vaseline and sneakers out of the bag! Lol, I think she was tying her hair back too. Lol madness.

jillianoscr

[8]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    Yep, I remember that.  I cracking up.  My favorite episode of  "Martin" is when Martin went on the Varnell Hill show and acted a fool when Jodeci was singing.  I was laughing so hard!!

homeydaclown

[9]Oct 26, 2006
    There was an episode when it was Martin's highschool reunion. And there was a guy "Pretty Ricky". Then Gina's face got really swollen I think rom an allergic reaction. That was soooo funny.

Fekul_the_Baby

[10]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 15
    A pregnant woman goes into labor in Martin's apartment. Tommy, Cole, and Martin assist in the birth. The baby pops out of her when she has a contraction and flies across the apartment, landing in Martin's hands. "We don't need no umbilical cord," he insists. "This is TV!" Then he grins goofily into the camera.

Tisha Campbell would later perform a variation on this joke in My Wife and Kids.

kenya85

[11]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 10

Dzyres wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was Beverly Johnson that played Ms. Trinidad.

kaitco

[12]Dec 7, 2006
    How about the episode when Martin fought that boxer? I cannot remember who the boxer was, but I remember being a little kid and lying on the ground laughing so hard, I thought I was going to die. Just thinking about now has got me giggling.

curvyivy

[13]Jan 3, 2007
    One of my favorite moments was when he was dressed in army fatigues with the face paint and he was fighting the 'dummy' robber...that was hilarious. " sooo, uhhh you like robbin' ppl huh?...oighhhhhh!"

chrissy640

[14]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 3
    One of the funniest episodes was the episode with prince ochie. Prince Ochie was trying to make Gina his wife. " No prince Ochie is Hitting my wife's......."

Erduani

[15]Jan 5, 2007
    Well its been 10 years since i saw this show. 1 of the funniest moments as i remember gotta be on halloween with all the spooky stuff happening on their apartment. The 1 with the vacation was also funny as hell..

mikeybaby81

[16]Jan 25, 2007
    Any DragonFly Jones, scenes! ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!

MeyaP

[17]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 2
    jillianoscr wrote:
    Yep, I remember that. I cracking up. My favorite episode of "Martin" is when Martin went on the Varnell Hill show and acted a fool when Jodeci was singing. I was laughing so hard!!

LOL - yup, deeeeeeeeefinitely one of my top fav. moments!

"K.C.!!  JOJO!!  DEVANTE!  DALVIN!!"

lmao....that dude is a nut...

homeydaclown wrote:
    There was an episode when it was Martin's
    highschool reunion. And there was a guy "Pretty Ricky". Then Gina's
    face got really swollen I think rom an allergic reaction. That was
    soooo funny.

Martin: Look - you can just stay here and feel better, okay, baby?
    Gina: Aww, I know how much this night means to you - Are you sure, baby?
    Martin: Gina, I ain't neva been so sure about somethin' in my life.  lmao, hehe....

kaitco wrote:
    How about the episode when Martin fought that boxer? I
    cannot remember who the boxer was, but I remember being a little kid
    and lying on the ground laughing so hard, I thought I was going to die.
    Just thinking about now has got me giggling.

"Baby, I don't wanna fight no' mo'.  Tell 'em, baby - I don't wanna fight no' mo'."

lol, & it was Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns...

Lawd, i watch that show too much, lol.....'cause i don't even know boxing like that & that just popped up from the top of the dome, lol

but anywho....

aside from some of the ones mentioned.....a few other favs. was...

*...when Varnell Hill was on Martin's radio show, lol.....& u could tell for a second that he & Tommy Davidson were laughing forreal, lol - that made the scene even more funny, lol

Martin: Man, I'm tryna get to where you at.  What can I do?  Who do I talk to?
    Varnell: Man, ya just gotta have faith.
    Martin: Okay, uhh, faith...faith...faith - what's her number?

lol

*...when they all thought the plummer guy had died in Martin's apartment, lol

Martin: I know what we can call him.
    Gina: What?
    Martin: D.P.
    Gina: Aww, baby - that's nice.  'D.P.'  What does that stand for?
    Martin: Dead Plummer, baby...

lol

*...aNOTHER classic - when Martin refused to pay "the five," 4 his apartment's rent increase, lol...& "the five" ended up being not $500 - not 5%....but FIVE DOLLARS!  lol..........too classic...

*...like i mentioned in another thread - definitely the episode and the scene when Martin finds out that Pam & Tommy r going together, lol....

*...oh yeah - the one when Martin & Gina think Pam & Tommy r into some shady, illegal business deal - particularly the scenes when they're in the car, looking for the place....& when they're in Pam's apartment, looking for clues, LoL

**Martin, dressed in all black, sneak into Pam's apartment...and Gina - also in black - just strolls in and turns on the light, lol**
    Martin:
    Nawwww!! Nawwwwww!! Nawwwwwww, baby - Turn it off!  Turn it offf!!
    Gina:
    But I can't seeee....
    Martin:
    Use ya cat eye, Gina - use the cat eye!  hehehehe...

*...and DEFinitely, when Martin lost his CD player - talk about somebody who is STILL 'bout in tears to this day, seein that episode!! LoLoL!!!

Martin:
    Baby, why did you have to steal from me?  I would've given you everything - I would've given you hips if I could, Gina.  lol

Martin:
    HOL' UP!  HOL' UP!!!  HOL UUUUP!!  ArrrRRuR (imitating the fake dog, while he jumps over it, lol), ARRruR!  (to the dog) Sit!  (to Bruh Man) Bruh Man...you mean to tell me you had my CD player this whole time?
    Bruh Man:
    Yeah, I borrowed it the other night - I had a lil' honey over.
    Martin:
    You couldn't ask or leave a note or somethin?
    Bruh Man:
    I did - I left a note under ya bathroom sink.
    Martin:
    ......**deep sigh** Bruh Man, EDUCAAATION!  WHY, Bruh Man - WHY would you leave a note under the bathroom sink - tell me, WHY?
    Bruh Man:
    'Cause I thought you'd look there when you saw that it was no more tawlet paper

LoL, classic - maan, i loved Bruh Man..

but ok, i'm thru 4 now, i guess lol...

suppose i might've gotten just a lil' carried away lol oh well..

ez1jb

[18]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 14
    I loved when broth man came in-and made a wish sandwich "Wish I had some meat to go in between this bread". I also like how Martin would react, hilarious.

Phillystunna

[19]Mar 4, 2007

I am going to go there like its not 2007...lol...I live in Philly, & we get TVone...I still watch Martin re-runs everyday....THE FUNNIEST episodes (that I can think of right now):

*The Ladies league....when Gina, Pam, Shenenea, & Laquita wanted to join...Handle your business Ms Whittmore! lol

*What does Tommy do for a living, lets find out...Gina use your cat-eye!

*Who stole my CD player...now dont everybody talk at once! lolol

*Applehead tryin to set you up for the insurance money...A damn, note in the buiscuit! lolol

*THE INSANITY PLEA!!!!!!!!! the funniest clip EVER...."do the pocket knife, do the pocket knife...she'll be comin 'round that mountain when she comes...lolololololololol

Just the characters are hilarious.....I mean:

Jerome...I said Jerome in the house...lol

Old Otis.....Gettin ready take u down boi....lol

Dragon Fly Jones.....SILANCE...PUUNK!! lol

DONT U KNOW NO...GOO--HOO---HOOOOODDDDD!!!lol

chill til the next episode, Martin Fam....

chrisjen84

[20]Mar 5, 2007

It's difficult to choose the funniest moment in Martin. Here are some of my favorite funny moments (no particular order):

1.  The vacation where there was a possum-                                                                                          

Gina: I think there's a puppy in the room"                  Martin:" That ain't no damn puppy"

2.  Martin waits for Gina to purchase shoes. As he waits, he teases the security guard and he tries to get an old lady arrested, then he helps the security guard throw the old lady out the store.

3. Pam gets hypnotized at the dentist office.  She pretends to be like Martin. Both of them were funny when they threw people out of the art exhibit. 

4. Martin dressed as Santa Claus-

Little Kid: "If you are really Santa Claus what's my name"      Martin: "Waterhead, now shut up"

5. Martin and Gina try to go to Philly for the holiday.  Miss Gerri threatens Martin to give her his sandwich. After he gives her the sandwich, she says "tuna, I hate tuna". She stepped on his sandwich. It was also funny when they (Miss Gerri and Martin) were wrestling over change after Gina beat up the cashier for not giving loose change. Martin told the cashier "you brought it on yourself".

6. The episode when martin goes to court is also hilarious. He insults Pam and acts crazy.

7. Gina and Pam try to get in a women's club. I especially like the end of the episode when Martin and Gina were squaring off against Pam and Tommy. Martin was so upset Tommy kept worrying about what Pam was doing while they were away. So finally Martin told Tommy Pam was probably swatting fish.

8. The Haunted House- Martin said, "not the mummy man"

9. Gina's conceited friend visits- It was funny to see Pam and Martin team up.

10. The mouse in the house- Martin kicks Cole up the butt when the mouse gets in his pocket.