Martin Forums

FOX (ended 1997)

Funniest Moment in Martin

cherbear16

[21]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 12

Top Five funniest Moments...

5. From the pilot episode, Martin and Gina are arguing about how he embarrassed her on the radio, and he tells Gina to "step off". She gets to the door to leave and Martin jumps up and starts screaming out "Gina, Gina, Gina, please" , so that she wont leave him, like a little boy who just dropped his ice cream cone.

4. In the episode where Gina and Pam are at the hotel party, and Martin thinks that Gina is having a raunchy affair with the air conditioner repair man, the way Martin busts out from under the bed in slow motion with the deranged look on his face is just hilarious and true comedy!

3. Martin Busting out in the middle of Jodeci singing "Lately" on the Varnele Hill show was just hilarious!

2. In the episode where Martin finds out that Mad Dogg No Good is being released from prison and wants to find Martin, we go through the whole episode hearing about this big bad criminal, and then out walks little Gary Coleman was just great.

1. From the Dead Plumber episode, the entire scene from the beginning of the Plumber's funeral, to the point where he "awakes from the dead" and scares that crap out of everyone is hilarious!  

Edited on 03/06/2007 7:47am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DragonFlyJones

[22]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 5

when cole's date who martin thinks was on america's most wanted gets invited over their house for dinner martin has gina, pam and tommy acting like detectives

gina's head gets stuck in the brass head board and she had to do a presentation at work the next day and they gave her a really big weave and it started coming loose.

when pam gets hypnotized as martin by the kiddie dr. towards the end when pam, gina, and martin are in the museum pams date is mad about the way she is acting and she and martin start kicking people out.

the episode about the missing cd player and he has the fake dog and he's acting like its real

gina gives martin a small statue of a butt for their anniversary and him, tommy, and cole are playing around with it when pam and gina walk in.

when gina works at shanaynay's salon they bring out the 'heavy artillary' for myra's pedicure and later gina gives myra a bad perm and they tell her she looks like eartha kitt

the entire episode about the ladies' league of detroit was so funny and the episode about martin being at the dmv all day

KingShow22

[23]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 4

Phillystunna wrote:
    *THE INSANITY PLEA!!!!!!!!! the funniest clip EVER...."do the pocket knife, do the pocket knife...she'll be comin 'round that mountain when she comes...lolololololololol 

I'm in Philly too and I'm so happy it comes on like 5 times of course you gotta stay up all night to catch the other 2. This one is one of my favorite scenes...

Martin: Judge I aint got no ends! Look at my friends....Beady Bead show her a shoe. I would like this thrown out on the grounds that I'm crazy.

chrisjen846 wrote:
    The episode when martin goes to court is also hilarious. He insults Pam and acts crazy.

Ha ha ha or when Tommy was on the stand.

Martin: GTD? What does GTD stand for?

Tommy: mumbles

Martin: Come on Tommy what does GTD stand for?

Tommy: Come on Martin I just told you mumbles

Martin: Tommy tell me and every in the court WHAT DOES GTD STAND FOR?!?!?

Tommy: GOT THE DRAWS!!

Martin(on phone): Yeah he just pulled them out right here.

Judge: Mr. Payne!

Martin(on phone): He got the draws.

LOL I wish I could watch this one now.

homeydaclown

[24]May 11, 2007
    • level: 13
    kaitco wrote:
    How about the episode when Martin fought that boxer? I cannot remember who the boxer was, but I remember being a little kid and lying on the ground laughing so hard, I thought I was going to die. Just thinking about now has got me giggling.

that was so funny. AT the end of the show, MArtin had a swollen face with those big briuses. He wanted a kiss from Martin and when she gave it to him he said "my baby love me, my baby love me" I was crackin up!

realworlder

[25]May 24, 2007
    What about when Martin went to the DMV with Martin. Everything at the DMV was funny. The funniest was when that big gay guy walked up on Martin and called him "almond." That **** was so funny. And then he checked off an answer on Martin's test sheet. And then when Martin stole that nerds test and turned it in, but he needed some glasses. It was funny when he started saying "r-e-s-p-e-c-t, find out what it means to me." I love that show.

realworlder

[26]May 24, 2007

And anything with David Alan Grier was funny. The episode when he was on a date with Gina and Martin showed up with the girl from "Saved By the Bell."  Gina said that Martin's date should be at home doing homework and Martin said he was going to leave her alone with her uncle. And when David Alan Grier said something like, the temptations of the flesh can be so weak, and Martin said, well if it's that weak maybe you should get an implant.

Then the episode when they went to church and he was the pastor. It was funny when he came in singing that song and got low and started whispering. And then they set him up like Marion Barry at the end and he was like. this skank set me up. David Alan Grier is the man.

Edited on 06/02/2007 1:39am

bag2218

[27]Jun 1, 2007
    I like the Martins mom's freak outs(like at the wedding, and when her bird died) I'm alwasys laughing my butt off whenever I see her doing something stupid
    Edited on 06/01/2007 3:41pm

emacksr

[28]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 1

The funniest 3 episodes has to be when the plummer died and Martin used the plumber like a dfibrilator machine.

When martin sang with Jodeci on the Varnell HIll show.

When Martin did his re-enactment of New Jack City when his cd player was stolen. The funny thing about this episode is that you can see Tommy trying so hard not to laugh!! He wanted to laugh so bad it was hilarious

G-UntFan23

[29]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 6

homeydaclown wrote:
    There are so many funny momments. A lot I can't remeber about Martin fightint that puppy possom. That was maad funny!!!

That was so funny when he was fighting that possum.

shaun_reemo

[30]Jul 15, 2007

Man its hard finding a single answer to this question. There's too many. Some of my top moments are:

Martin fighting Tommy Hearns. He was so dissoriented he started fighting the referee.

When Martin was in church and he told Ms. Jerry to take the fruit basket off her head so he can see up front. Then he got up and accidentally knocked the hat off her head and they started fighting.

When he left town and joined the cult (Rambanaji) lol. "what i think you should do is pack up you camel and go" (Martin talking about Pam)

When he found out Tommy and Pam were a couple. the faces he made.... lol... priceless

Many many more...

homeydaclown

[31]Jul 29, 2007
    Well since I just got season 2 on DVD I would say:

When Martin sues the city of Detroit for a ticket and since all his witness weren't a help he says that he is insane and starts acting dumb.

When Martin accused Gina and his friends for taking his CD player and he uses the stuffed dog

cantthinkofit

[32]Aug 2, 2007

There are too many for me to choose! Off the top of my head was the one where Martin was interrogating Gina, Tommy, and Cole about who stole his CD player and he was walking around with that fake dog like he was in "New Jack City". Tommy was about to bust out laughing the whole time. Then Brother man came in with his "Charlie Brown" boots.

homeydaclown

[33]Aug 2, 2007
    cantthinkofit wrote:

There are too many for me to choose! Off the top of my head was the one where Martin was interrogating Gina, Tommy, and Cole about who stole his CD player and he was walking around with that fake dog like he was in "New Jack City". Tommy was about to bust out laughing the whole time. Then Brother man came in with his "Charlie Brown" boots.

Yeah that was funny too. I rewinded it becuase I also noticed that Tommy was about to laugh. It's hard not to.

kareeb

[34]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    The episode where the CD player was missing has got to be my favorite episode, hands down. Him dragging that dead *** dog around had me peeing on myself!

E_Queen

[35]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 10

Ok I watch it TVOne also and CW reruns. All that you all mentioned...just to add a few.

Halloween one no question!

Martin singing lately (he was gonna get his time on the show lmao) "Knick knack paddy whack, give a dog a bone." Hilarious!!

The church scene "Shhh you in church." "Shh you in church." "If I have to turn around one more time it's going to be me and you." "Then make your move." lol

No one has mentioned this one yet...the one when Martin was trying to get the job with Mr. Bozak and he kept complementing his wife. And Gina kept mumbling under her breath. "What you say baby." "You gone need some steak for that eye." lol When Mrs. Bozak called her husband Binky, Gina was like "Who the hell is Binky." I was ROOLLLINNG!!! And "Cleavage, I mean Cleveland Ohio. ha ha" The way Gina look at him OMG!!

And I can't forget my sisters favorite. The Thanksgiving one "Pass the pea's like they used to." My sister is dying everythime that one comes on which usually around Thanksgiving when the whole fam is over and kids that weren't even born when Martin was on talking about "Pass the peas, like they used to do." Too funny!

SevenPM

[36]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 2

Top 5:

5. When someone steals Martin CD player and he starts blaming his friends. The portrayal of "New Jack City" with the dog and him quoting Wesley Snipes saying "Sit Yo Five Dollar A** Down Before I Make Change" is classic

4. The episode called "Fat Like Dat" When Gina starts exercising and Martin can't keep up he starts to exercise more and eat healthy. Gina tricks him back into his old self when she starts eat delicious food for dinner when he only eats rice cakes for his dinner. He does everything he can to get a taste of her food when she leaves for the bathroom.

3. Anything with Bruh Man (including the episode "Old School Loving" when Martin gets Gina fired from her job and she becomes a stay home wife. One of the days she is watching TV and Bruh Man comes in and watches TV with her and a commercial comes on and him and her start singing along saying "I am coming up on the rough side of the..." then Bruh Man drops his voice and says "MOUNTAINNN. Who in the HELL left the gate open")

2. When David Allan Grier plays the pastor of the church and scams Martin's mother into paying for "spiritual healing". He starts signing "The Holy Ghost dun told me..."

1. When Martin goes to court for his poor driving. He has a part in it when he pretends like he is insane and starts dancing around and acting crazy.

P.S. Watch "Martin" on TVOne

Edited on 06/11/2008 3:40pm

d_tvfanatic

[37]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 3

I can think of 50 funniest Martin moments. The show was so funny. I am able to narrow it down to a few.

1. The CD player is taken. The New Jack City scene is hilarious.

2. The plummer dies. Martin trying to revive him. So funny.

3. Martin become a part of the neighborhood watch.

4. The Halloween episode in season 1.

5. The church scene. ( fruit basket) he he

6. When Martin goes to court. Man, I almost broke a rib from laughter.

7. When, Martin and Gina go on vacation, and run into the puppy. "That ain't no damn puppy."

kareeb

[38]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 8
    kareeb wrote:
    The episode where the CD player was missing has got to be my favorite episode, hands down. Him dragging that dead *** dog around had me peeing on myself!

I thought of a few more: When Martin and Gina had that restaurant, Cole kept saying "Rent Em Spoons" and Martin hopped across the couch to attack him!

Guard your Grill w/ Tommy Hearns; that whole episode

Chitlin loaf in pork and bean juice! lol