Martin Forums

FOX (ended 1997)

What do you think Tommy's job was?

realworlder

[1]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    He seemed like someone who would work in an office, but that's too easy. I think he was in real estate, or maybe even owned a small business. Or maybe it was something illegal because he was always so secretive. What do yall think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ez1jb

[2]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    Maybe a stripper.

jerzey

[3]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    I always pretend he was the same character when he went to New York Undercover.

kareeb

[4]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    It could've been some kind of government job where he had to remain confidential..... just a thought

Manski101

[5]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 1
    First of all, all of you are WRONG!!! I am the biggest Martin fan and hearing this is an disgrace. In the first season, it reveals his job. In the episode "Blackboard Jungle Fever" Tommy asks Martin if he "could help US down at the school." Plus, at the school he was assisting Miss Trinadad with the middle schoolers. That wasn't the only time you check out his job. You also check it out on the episode where Martin acts as Santa Clause down at Tommy's job. So all in all, he works at a middle school. To my guestimate, he was an Intern

KingofIPirates

[6]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 32
    Manski101 wrote:
    First of all, all of you are WRONG!!! I am the biggest Martin fan and hearing this is an disgrace. In the first season, it reveals his job. In the episode "Blackboard Jungle Fever" Tommy asks Martin if he "could help US down at the school." Plus, at the school he was assisting Miss Trinadad with the middle schoolers. That wasn't the only time you check out his job.
    That was during the first season before the whole No Job joke came into effect.

ReonBohannon

[7]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 2

Too many things point to conflicting jobs. The 'help us out at school' quote could mean he was a teacher or assistant. But he could have also been just a volunteer ala Big Brother/Big Sister. Of course he couldn't be a teacher working in a big black building with no windows. He revealed that when Cole asked him if Tommy could hook him up with a interview. In a later episode, he said he moved over to the white building across the street, again, no window.

In the episode when Gina got her head stuck in the headboard, Tommy brought over his blowtorch. He claimed he used it for work. I think the weirdest thing to remember is that Pam claimed she didn't know what he did. There was an episode when Martin, while hyping up Gina, confronted Tommy about where he worked seriously. Nobody found out. But at the end, Pam said "Baby what do you do?" Tommy says "Now I told you what I do". Pam was about to ask for a clarification, but Tommy got beeped and ran out.

I love this question. To me it's one of tv's biggest mysteries. Here's to making a Martin reunion show to show us how they all turned out.

KeithRusk

[8]Oct 20, 2010
    YES, WORK IN THE BLACK BUILDING CROSS THE STREET FROM THE WHITE BUILDING. LOL!

BrendaLawless

[9]Nov 28, 2010

TOMMY WAS AN UNDERCOVER DRUG DEALER!!!

RodBradley

[11]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 3

Well, on 1 episode, he had a blow torch saying he uses it 4 his job, so my guess would b a welder, but since the bald head, I say he was a welder n did ads for Rogaine.

ttbone456

[13]Oct 4, 2013

he worked at a level 5 Government agency,that dealt with the security of the city of Detroit,and the Mayors office

ttbone456

[14]Oct 4, 2013

well thats not possible becuse, on the episode where Gina got her head stuck in a bedpost,Tommy went and got a blowtorch and had to lie and say that it was from his job, becuse as i said in my comments he works at a level 5 security civil goverment office to protect the security of revealing his real line of work