Martin Forums

FOX (ended 1997)

What happened between Martin and Tisha ?

  • Avatar of ez1jb

    ez1jb

    [1]Feb 27, 2007
    • member since: 08/05/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 951
    Does anyone know the real story as to why Martin and Gina didn't appear in scenes together towards the end? That was very weird.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jillianoscr

    jillianoscr

    [2]Feb 28, 2007
    • member since: 10/26/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 126
    Tisha Campbell claim that Martin Lawrence sexually assaulted her.  So, she temporaily quit the show.  I guess they came to some agreement.  She told them that she would come back only if she was not in any of the scenes with Martin.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jsamuels92

    jsamuels92

    [3]Mar 17, 2007
    • member since: 09/17/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,254

    jillianoscr wrote:
    Tisha Campbell claim that Martin Lawrence sexually assaulted her.  So, she temporaily quit the show.  I guess they came to some agreement.  She told them that she would come back only if she was not in any of the scenes with Martin.

    I`ve heard about it and it was true. Martin has been sued alot.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Browneyez1976

    Browneyez1976

    [4]Jul 21, 2007
    • member since: 02/03/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 131
    I think it all started after she got married, Martin Lawrence and Tisha's husband did not get along and he wanted to be on the show and Martin said no. And that's when the alligations came out that he sexually assulted her, but that crazy, I think that her and Martin use to date in the begining of the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ez1jb

    ez1jb

    [5]Aug 3, 2007
    • member since: 08/05/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 951
    Browneyez1976 wrote:
    I think it all started after she got married, Martin Lawrence and Tisha's husband did not get along and he wanted to be on the show and Martin said no. And that's when the alligations came out that he sexually assulted her, but that crazy, I think that her and Martin use to date in the begining of the show.


    I'm not sure if they dated, but they really did seem to have good chemistry in the beginning which is why the allegations don't make sense to me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Browneyez1976

    Browneyez1976

    [6]Aug 3, 2007
    • member since: 02/03/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 131
    ez1jb wrote:
    Browneyez1976 wrote:
    I think it all started after she got married, Martin Lawrence and Tisha's husband did not get along and he wanted to be on the show and Martin said no. And that's when the alligations came out that he sexually assulted her, but that crazy, I think that her and Martin use to date in the begining of the show.


    I'm not sure if they dated, but they really did seem to have good chemistry in the beginning which is why the allegations don't make sense to me.


    It did not make any sense to me either but people always say we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. But I still watch it on AOL and TV1.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DegrassiSoulja

    DegrassiSoulja

    [7]Dec 16, 2007
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 40
    I don't know if they were dating, but before the show, they were kinda good friends around the time House Party 1 was filmed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kareeb

    kareeb

    [8]Jan 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/24/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 171
    DegrassiSoulja wrote:
    I don't know if they were dating, but before the show, they were kinda good friends around the time House Party 1 was filmed.


    They were really good friends; I believe that he and Tichina Arnold were dating. It's a shame that the show ended but the comedy got kind of dry towards the end anyway. Martin began getting more movie deals and was probably burnt out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rsygrl19

    rsygrl19

    [9]Mar 26, 2008
    • member since: 04/28/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 6
    In Season 5 episode 2 Martin and Gina shoot a scene in bed. It's during this scene that Tisha claims she is assualted. However, the bloopers shown at the end of the episode show both actors laughing and goofing off in the bed, which is why her claims were doubted. Also, no other cast members reported problems with martin on set. Tisha claimed that he pulled a gun out during taping and that they worked in a hostile and unsafe enviorment. No one else in the cast has commented on this. I tend to agree with the other post that maybe her husband was somehow a part of the problem.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SignaturePlayer

    SignaturePlayer

    [10]Apr 8, 2008
    • member since: 03/11/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 42

    kareeb wrote:
    DegrassiSoulja wrote:
    I don't know if they were dating, but before the show, they were kinda good friends around the time House Party 1 was filmed.
    They were really good friends; I believe that he and Tichina Arnold were dating. It's a shame that the show ended but the comedy got kind of dry towards the end anyway. Martin began getting more movie deals and was probably burnt out.

    Nah, Martin was just coked out. Martin has always seemed crazy so no allegation against him really surprises me. Tisha might be making a bunch of that **** up though.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hapat

    hapat

    [11]Oct 2, 2008
    • member since: 12/19/04
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,402
    hahahaha I may have believed her until she said he waved a gun around set. That is bs, no one would ever work with him again after that. Look at the people he's worked with, if he was actually that bad Tim Robbins or Will Smith never would have worked with him. She's just full of it. Plus now a days all you have to do is sneeze on someone and you can be charged with sexual assault.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.