Martin Forums

FOX (ended 1997)

What if Martin continued?

kenya85

[1]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 10
    I dont fully know the surrounding of the show's cancellation, other than the fact that Tisha Campbell "Gina" filed suit against Martin for sexual harrassment.  I've always wondered what would have happened if the show replaced "Gina" or if there was a spin-off surrounding some of the other characters. What do yall think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 3
    That was the major part for them not bringing back the show.  As far as keeping to run the show without her, I don't think it would have been good.  They did continue to shoot without her and the show lost its flavor a little bit.  The only way that show could die is if Martin did.  But it probably would have been cool to see Martin get another girlfriend.  Maybe even one of Big Shirley's friends.

kenya85

[3]Jun 13, 2006
    Lol good one. From the looks of it you would have thought they were gonna give Tishina Arnold "Pam" here own spin-off of the show. I remember one of the last episodes was based on her getting a job at a record company. It had Tyrese in it too. That whole show was around Pam and a bunch of new people.

trishrenee06

[4]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    Pam was supposed to have a spin-off, but I guess it didn't work out. I think it would have went well, but not as good as "Martin". That was my show!! I wish there were more like it, or like "Soul Food: The Series". Yeah, but I love Martin. He needs to come out with another show, quickly. The stuff that's on now, is bull. Martin, we need you boy!!!!

jaimers

[5]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 3

I wondered what it would of been like if martin continued.  The whole show cancellation came about when she filed a lawsuit against Martin for sexual harassment.  Then turned around she dropped the charges when pictrues and videos were circulating through out the set.  Showing her playing with cast and crew members and dancing like a stripper and then she was flirting with some fo the staff also.  During the last eposides she was on the show but if you notice she was not in the scenes with Martin.  Take the last show she was in CA he was in Detriot they flew to surprise each other and the other was across the country.  then at the end of the episode gina left the apartment while martin was in the bedroom and she said she'll meet him downstairs.  Then Martin Came from the back after the door closed..

Martin was one the best shows ever.

homeydaclown

[6]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 13
    How would the show be like if continued? What situations in the show would arise? Honestly, I think it would be weird if it continued. I felt the show nearing to an end when Gina went to LA. I can't see it continuing from the there. I think Pam having her own spin off would probably be a good idea but at least she's on another good show, Everybody Hates Chris.

Kierra76

[7]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    I loved this show! I think that the Pam spin off would have been good but, I loved Martin it's really too bad that they cancelled it cause that was some real tv right there!

TK-4798

[8]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    they could have had tommy and cole tag along cause they didnt wanna leave martin. pam be transfered to LA cause of her job like martin and gina. it would have been difficult to explain off if martin's various characters showed up, but that could leave room for more crazy characters to debut. mama payne could show up every now and again to visit "her boy" and the "applehead"

Chayah

[9]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 1
    If Martin continued...it would go down like this...Martin would have to admit he is really in love with Pam and she loves him back, Martin would seek psychotheraphy for his multiple personality disorder, Gina would leave him and be with some famous entertainer and pursue her singing, Tommy would have to admit to being a drug dealer and Cole would admit to chain smoking reefer on a regular (hence his relationship with Tommy). This is why Cole hasn't left home and dates the fat woman who loves to eat, they have that in common cause he always has the munchies.  LOL...its a stretch, I know.

homeydaclown

[10]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 13
    They could tell us what Tommy actually does for a living!!!

KingofIPirates

[11]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 32
    aw man that's why it was cancelled. Man they should have replaced her if she was starting stuff

kenya85

[12]Sep 3, 2006
    To be honest I think Martin and Tisha did have something going on. Of course their actors, but when the show first aired they seemed a little to close for comfort. It seems that only after she got married that things went downhill. Maybe Martin wanted to continue their little romance and she was over it. He probably didnt wanna give up lol.

ez1jb

[13]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 14
    Who knows what happened! I doubt Tisha would've jeopardized her career and a phat paycheck if NOTHIN really ocurred. This show would've eventually gotten stale, but I really do think had they not ended after 5 seasons, they could've still kept it going and fresh!

yungtara05

[14]Sep 14, 2006
    kenya85 wrote:
    To be honest I think Martin and Tisha did have something going on. Of course their actors, but when the show first aired they seemed a little to close for comfort. It seems that only after she got married that things went downhill. Maybe Martin wanted to continue their little romance and she was over it. He probably didnt wanna give up lol.

ITA!!! Yeah I think that's what happened too. Because Martin couldn't have started harrassing her out of the blue because they've worked together in movies like House Party and Boomerang. So, yeah SOMETHING was going on romantically. Besides, if she knew he was like that, she would've left the show alot earlier than she did.

SignaturePlayer

[15]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 5
    Do any interviews exist with any members of the cast of Martin (not Tisha or Martin) about the whole situation that ended the show? Did Tichina Arnold have any problems with Martin? I only really watched the last couple seasons and only now realize how much better the first couple were.