Marvel Anime: Iron Man

Friday 11:00 PM on G4 Premiered Jul 23, 2011 Between Seasons

Marvel Anime: Iron Man Fan Reviews (1)

• Iron Man migrated to Japan - in anime style

Ah, Iron Man! There's never enough of you.

I viewed the English version, although I'm interested in the Japanese version (mostly because in the aftermath of Robert Downey Jr. playing Tony Stark, Adrian Pasdar sounded off for all his efforts).

Tony Stark sets his sights on Japan in search for clean energy, ready to retire Iron Man, but things are never so easy for a superhero, now are they? Faced with a new group of enemies - calling themselves the Zodiac - and unlikely allies, he tries to win over the people of Japan and save himself, his company and the world in the process.

The art and animation were well made, the story progressing nicely. The audio was a bit on and off especially when in and out of the armor, which was weird, but it could be the English version only.

(About English audio: Adrian Pasdar stumbled a bit in the beginning, sounding stiff, but grew better into his role. I liked him in "Heroes" - which meant I couldn't stop laughing when Wolverine popped by, voiced by Milo Ventimiglia, also seen on "Heroes" playing Pasdar's brother.)