Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres September 24, and for those of you who are calendar-challenged like me, that's just short of three weeks from now. As the most anticipated new series of the fall, that means an increase in exposure leading up to the premiere. 

Which is why ABC has released another new trailer—it's amazing there's any new footage left in the pilot at all at this point—complete with action and explosions, an appearance by J. August Richards that will get Angel fans really excited, the snark we've come to expect from Joss Whedon productions, and plenty of Ming-Na and Chloe Bennet. 

If the last trailer left us feeling a bit cold and confused, this trailer definitely gives us the warm and fuzzies. 

What do you think of this latest promo? Is it better than the last one? And does it make you more excited to watch the premiere on September 24?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 2/14/2017

Season 4 : Episode 14

Next Episode

TONIGHT AT 10PM

Season 4 : Episode 15

82 Comments
Comments (82)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
BOOYAH!
Flag
This trailer didn't seem any quippier or Joss-esque to me than the last one, accept the bit with the car at the end---but that has been used in multiple trailers and already feels over-exposed and not as funny anymore.
Flag
I'm just so happy for Iain De Caestecker, what a role to land. I thought he was excellent in "The Fades", which sadly only lasted a season. Maybe that's why he landed Leo Fitz, because Joss Whedon knows his pain.
Flag
I can't see this show becoming a hit, I dunno...
Flag
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is SUPER COOL TV!
Flag
I am really really excited for this show but I still can't get over how much I dislike Ming-Na. She pretty much ruined SGU for me, and seems to kill every series she is added to.
Flag
I hope this works and it doesn't become a sad TV shadow of a feature movie - well, that's what came to mind when watching the trailer... Cross fingers!
Flag
I'm excited that this series is even going to happen but the trailers aren't hitting the "unique" button for me. This one has definite TORCHWOOD pilot DNA in it and the younger cast are forgettable and interchangeable with the same sort of character/actors in any other fantasy action series. The whole thing only comes to life when Agent Coulson is on the screen. I look forward for the day when the middle-aged suits in TV realise that it's the experienced actors that make a series. Putting in one Professor X character and a bunch of kids is tired. Now a SHIELD series featuring all the high-powered actors who can carry a series (Gregg Clark, Bryan Cranston, Keri Russell etc) THAT would get me excited.
Flag
The trailer doesn't have new scenes so i don't see what all the fuzz is about.
Flag
To create buzz,before show starts. This one and last promo were just shorter versions of that long one and they are probably getting paid to create buzz and hype for upcoming show.
Flag
Colson and Lola are already my favourite characters!
Flag
It looks amazing as all the promos for this show do.

And just an FYI to the admins around here there were like 6 SPAM comments near the top of the pile so there's probably hundreds more further down, might want to get on that at some point unless it's TV.COM endorsed SPAM.
Flag
I always flag the SPAM/Advertisement comments so some staff memeber is allerted and has to look. If we all flag they will (visually) be minimised.
Flag
I know this is the most anticipated show but I don't want to get all excited for it because everytime I'm excited for a tv show it a huge disappointment
Flag
Three "short" weeks? It feels like three long weeks.

Flag
OMGoodness! That peak at J. August is everything to me right now! And thank you for changing the music from the last trailer and adding a few more pyrotechnics…but I do feel like there isn’t much left for the first episode to reveal…and maybe that is the point.
Flag
Hail Marvel!!!!
Flag
Phil Coulson: So awesome, even a god couldn't put him down for long.
Flag
Oh, yeah, that got my blood pumping. I'm just realizing it's September, so much closer to Fall TV, I need to check my DVR!
Flag
it has no choice but to be good. I Can't Wait!!!
Flag
I'm only watching because of Phil Couslon, the fact that Josh Wheedon is directing is completely irrelavant.
Flag
Joss Whedon
Flag
I give up
Flag
Coulson
Flag
You should probably learn how to spell his name.
Flag
It so better be good or else :-P
Flag
This is cut finer but isn't new material, it's punchier for the material but still feels like the same content, and to be honest I've grown tired of it, it's not giving a particularly good feel for what the actual SHOW will be saying.
Flag
This trailer is better than the last. But I do have a problem with the casting of the actors. If the people at 0:44 in the trailer represent the team, I just have to say that they are too pretty. They should be rougher, at least some of them. I know that TV actors belong to the top 1% when it comes to looks, but these agents of SHIELD are exceptionally cute, even on TV standards. They look like human kittens, if that makes any sense.
Flag
I was going to say that earlier, but I was too lazy. I'm not sure there even is such a thing as "too pretty", but there's something about the combination of their pretty faces, their ages (too young), their makeup, and how they're styled that rubs me the wrong way. I look at these people and expect them to spend most of their free time shopping for clothes and beauty products, doing their makeup, exchanging beauty tips, etc. It's hard to believe that any of them will be a character. That girl with the cell phone camera for example, she looks like she should be playing stripper #3 in a CW remake of Showgirls, not like she should be playing someone that Coulson recruits to his elite team.

Apparently I have already seen the actress in 7 episodes of Nashville (she was the assistant that dated Gunnar for a while), but I didn't even recognize her. When I saw the trailer I just thought "she looks a bit like Lourdes" (from Falling Skies). So I guess she was kind of forgettable on Nashville.

That being said, I know that Joss Whedon has a talent for taking actors who aren't obviously good and bring out the best in them. I can only hope that he will be doing that here too.

More +
Flag
than you dont know whedon!
i have 100úith that all the actors are great,whedon would not have it otherwise
im sure they will fith just fine.
Flag
Staff
I hope you don't mind, but I am going to steal the phrase, "They look like human kittens," for every day life. Thanks.
Flag
I think the reason some don't like the trailer and saying it doesn't look promising is because ABC and the producers don't want to giveaway anything major?I mean,there gonna get like 100 million viewers for the pilot due to the avengers so why not hold everything back until the show premiers.No need to throw anything to big into it to catch people's attention.
Flag
I'm in as long as agent Phil Coulson is in the show at least in most of the episodes. I love Phil.
Flag
I can't watch it right now because I'm at work, but I just wanted to say for people who aren't sure about the trailers - I wouldn't judge the show by the trailers. Firefly had terrible trailers; I didn't watch the show when it was on air because it seemed really weird and not Joss-like at all. Obviously I've since seen Firefly and am a huge fan. Trailers aren't always best at giving a good impression of the show - especially Joss's shows, IMO.
Flag
Not sure about the batch of superheroes or the young Coulson-wanna-be but at least there's a bit more of lovely Agent Coulson in this trailer (I love Phil lol!)
Flag
I personally can't wait for this to start and I haven't been a teenager for 30 years. Either you like science fiction or you don't. There are no age restrictions.
Flag
I'm glad I'm not the only one slightly disappointed by the trailers. This just looks very average and I'm not very excited to see it. I'll still give it a try, because the avengers didn't look great to me and I ended up loving it, but I'm not sure about this show.
Flag
This just seem sooooo made for teenagers. :(
Flag
all I have to say is ABC better be smart and put this on Blu-ray, if they can put Once Upon A Time on Blu-ray...
Flag
I'm just a teeny bit confused. Aren't people aware of the existence of mutants/superheroes? Then why did they say "they're the line between the world and the weirder world."? It makes it seem like the "weirder world" is a secret.
Flag
I think it is referencing the fact that they are the regular folks' representatives in the world of supers.
Flag
Probably smaller scale threats that they face without the public being aware. They could hardly cover up the events of The Avengers, I'm guessing they at least try to cover up whatever they can.
Flag
Can't they say mutants ffs!?!??! It is Marvel world,so just say mutant,if you gonna have them...sick of hearing all other bs. And my god video loads slooooooooooooooooowly...all others load instantly.
Flag
And it's not like there are ONLY mutants in this 'verse - I mean, look at the Avengers themselves; none of them are mutants, strictly speaking. Banner, Captain America and to a certain degree Black Widow have mutated/been genetically altered, but the term "mutant" tends to apply to "born" mutants in this setting, while characters like Spiderman are denied entry into that "club".
Flag
I know this,but at the same time,they are bound to come across mutants. "Strange new world,weirder world",etc. complete bs
Flag
Marvel's mutant world is owned by Fox, I don't even think Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver can be referred to as mutants in the next Avengers movie because of it
Flag
Finally watched trailer...nothing special,but as long as Coulton is there,I'll watch it.
Flag
Good trailer, but it didn't contain much stuff that wasn't already shown in previous trailers.
Flag
Wow, this looks good. Can't wait!
Flag
I'm not a big fan of the deep-voiced voiceovers. I prefer to just see it, not be told what I'm seeing. But this was still good nonetheless. Either way, I don't care how good or bad the trailers are, I am definitely going to be watching.
Flag
You would hate a man named Pablo Francisco, but I will post it anyways ;)

Flag
I love you. You just made my day.
Flag
Haha! You're welcome!
Flag
Love it!
Flag
I can't really say since I can't watch on my ipad but it's Whedon, I'm sure I'm going to love it.
Flag
Teeny-tiny TV...How quaint. Boy are you ever cool...
Flag
I am cool, that's why they call me Frost. Actually that's not why. Lol
Flag
It's obviously better than the last one, because that one was terrible.

My excitement peaked when I heard that Joss Whedon would be involved in a TV show about SHIELD. Unfortunately these trailers have only lowered my expectations.

Flag
ditto
Flag
Follow this Show
Members