Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 20, 2016)

If you're keeping score of ABC's schedule at home (or via our handy renewal/cancellation clickatron), you might want crack open a Mountain Dew, because this list is a long one and you're going to need the sugar. 

Ready? 

Returning next season will be: The Goldbergs for Season 2, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for Season 2, Resurrection for Season 2, Once Upon a Time for Season 4, Scandal for Season 4, Revenge for Season 4, Modern Family for Season 6, The Middle for Season 6, and Castle for Season 7. Oh, and network veteran Grey's Anatomy, which will be back for Season 11, its first without Sandra Oh's Cristina Yang. 

Additionally, Dancing With the Stars will be back for Season 19 because it will exist until we run out of B-, C-, and D-list celebrities to cast, Shark Tank will be back for Season 6, The Bachelor will be back for Season 19, and America's Funniest Home Videos will be back for Season 25.

Sadly, ABC has canceled Trophy Wife, along with The Neighbors and Mixology.

There is still no word on the fates of Nashville, Betrayal, Killer WomenLast Man StandingSuburgatoryBlack Boxor Super Fun Night

ABC has also ordered several new series, including Shonda Rhimes' How to Get Away With MurderAmerican Crime, Marvel's Agent Carter, The Whispers (starring Revenge's Barry Sloane! Bye bye Aiden!), the fairy-tale musical Galavant, and more.

thekaitling:list:which-abc-renewal-are-you-most-excited-about/

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/17/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

111 Comments
Comments (111)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I really enjoyed Black Box damn it.
Flag
Grey's Anatomy really ??? 10 Season's its not enough ????
Dam Soap Operas , and now we have a new one disguised as comedy , i'm fed up with Shonda Rimes ...
Instead of investing in new TV shows and writers , they invest in one that does always the same thing and same story lines ...
Flag
suburgatory... seriously?
Flag
I was waiting for some news about Agents of shield and castle. Thank God they are coming back for next season.
Flag
I'm so excited SHIELD will have another season! And Agent Carter sounds awesome!
Flag
I can not believe The stupid Shield show is renewed
Flag
Good to see The Middle get renewed, I have been a fan since the beginning.
After some sad news this year (Raising Hope getting cancelled), I am glad that I still have at least one fave comedy returning.
My parents will probably like the fact that Modern Family is returning (as they watch it every week and even buy the DVDs), although my sister and I have never been a fan of it and we think it is too overhyped.
Flag
Thank god they didn't cancel Agents of shield.. honestly it WAS boring at first because it wasnt the exact show expected when they announced it..but after the events with HYDRA thing turned out to be more exciting.. !!!
Flag
YES!!! Coulson lives!

And HYDRA, and Maria Hill, and Fitz-Simmons, and Darth Ward and Sky-SkyWalker too!!!

Thank you so much!!!
Flag
A lot of good news, but I will miss Suburgatory and Super Fun Night. I would have kept those and killed Grey's Anatomy instead.
Flag
I would've killed Grey's two seasons before Private Practice series finale!
Flag
A looot of good news!.

My favourite renewal is the middle!. Soo.. good 4 me!.
Flag
Do not cancel Nashville!!!
Flag
Glad to hear that S.H.I.E.L.D and OUAT has been renewed (especially now that Community has been cancelled) I am stunned that Revenge got renewed though. That show really needs to be put out of its misery.
Flag
Crossing my fingers for Suburgatory.
Flag
II hate to break it to you but its been cancelled. :-(
Flag
I would like some more Killer women and Last man standing
Flag
The Middle! I know most people don't care about it, but it's actually one of my favourite shows on TV right now.
Flag
Other than SHIELD, I didn't know ABC had any other shows...
Flag
SHIELD's renewal suggests it isn't about ratings. Although it's possible that the pickup of Agent Carter had something to do with it.

The only question about Galavant is how far into it's first season will it be cancelled. Musicals just don't have a good track record on TV. Aside from Glee (which is a Fame remake) and Smash (which barely got a second season), most don't last more than a year. And Viva Laughlin is more remembered for how fast it was cancelled than anything about the show itself.

Flag
How much revenge can one girl get really?
Flag
Seriously, at one point it just stops being satisfying and you just want the revenge to end already!
Flag
Stoked for The MIddle, but I was pretty sure that would happen. My breath is still bated for news of Suburgatory, though next season is the dreaded college move that few shows survive (I'm looking at you the O.C.)

It sucks that Enlisted was cancelled, but that might mean we can get Ryan Shay back.
Flag
Love Agents of SHIELD (now) and my family enjoys Once Upon A Time and The Middle.
Fingers crossed for Suburgatory (why don't people watch it?) and Last Man Standing (nice old style sit com).
Flag
while I really am happy about the shield, castle, modern family and goldbergs; cancellation of the Trophy Wife is really a bummer.. now please let suburgatory live, 13 episodes per season, I am ok with that..
Flag
Revenge renewed? Seriously? For Pete's sake, someone please put this show out of its misery.
Flag
LOL! I just said the same thing. :-)
Flag
I was SO happy when Jack gave Emily that ultimatum at the start of this season, as I thought it meant this would be a more focused and final season. No such luck on either front....
Flag
Exactly! I also thought, "great, the initiative tangent is over, maybe something interesting will happen" - but no luck.

So I finally gave up on the show about two episodes ago, having decided my time was too precious to spend slogging through episode after repetitive episode waiting for something to happen that's either noteworthy, interesting, or even simply evocative of some - any! - emotional response. My only regret is not making that decision last season or even just last fall. My soul is now at peace because I don't have to dread watching this show.
Flag
hahahahahahahahaha! Not even hate-watching but dread-watching. That's a whole new level of bad. :-)
Flag
Why do I get the sneaky suspicion that Agent Carter will move to Tuesday nights at 9/8 and be teamed up with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Once Upon A Time may have been offically been announced yesterday, but it has been known as a renewal since Sunday when they said on the sneak peek, "Jon us next Sunday for the season finale, and in the final 5 minutes you'll see where we are going next." So they said it had been renewed on the sneak peek.
Flag
Happy that Agents of SHIELD was renewed. Now if only they will move it to a time slot that I can watch live.
Flag
The the show I want most renewed on ABC is Nashville. I hope that they are making enough money in CD sales and gaining audiences in new areas/demographics that they are keeping it in audition to it being a good show.
At the very least isn't it nice having a show that doesn't take place in NYC/Chicago/LA/Miami/DC/made-up-town-Maine?

Castle's plot has barely moved since first season, OUAT is in desperate need of new plot and i feel sorry for the very talented actors in it, Shonda Rhymes shows are difficult for me watch but at least plot moves and I can see the guilty pleasure of it,
I happened to Like Betrayal but I enjoyed Red Widow much better. Apparently I really like the style and mood of the Nordic redoes.
Killer Women, despite having actors from cult shows, was very weak and they also didn't air a key ep so I didn't watch the rest knowing that.

SHIELD gets them the male audiences so that's a definite keep for them. Plus it ties in with movie franchises.

As for their new shows- most look like it can be a cult hit or a super flop. I'm excited for the musical but I hope they don't knock off Nashville for it. IF they are smart they should at least keep Nashville for 13eps and see how the others far before fully deciding a cancellation.
I give ABC props for getting a lot of "minority" (its in quotes cause as of the last census Whites are the new minority) staring shows (farewell bff and boss roles) and look forward to Blackish. But so so far in the last decade the only minority staring roles (on the widestream channels) that last are female ones.
More+
Flag
How the hell does Revenge get a fourth season? It's terrible. Oh well, at least SHIELD and Resurrection will be back.
Flag
YES!!!!! S.H.I.E.L.D. got renewed!!!!!! :D

Also glad for OUAT!
Flag
Please bring the Frankenwolf back to OUAT before it's too late!
Flag
YAY for S.H.I.E.L.D. !!! - I'm so happy Simmons and Skye will get second season :)

I'm also glad OUAT will return for season 4.
Flag
If Simmons and Skye survive Tuesday's episode. (I hope they do, but...)
I'm also happy that AOS was renewed.
Flag
If they don't I'll probably stop watching S.H,I.E.L.D. So for me there isn't any other option. They have to survive.
Flag
Yes but what are your opinions if they go to the dark side instead? That's also a possibility.
Flag
Nah, I don't believe that would ever happen. And even if it did that would be a temporary thing - think Willow in 6 season of BtVS.
Flag
Wow how times have changed! I remember my parents watching re runs of "Love, American Style" and now we get: "American Crime"
Flag
I watched Love, American Style way back when and I have a feeling the two shows will be very different.
Flag
ROFL!
Flag
I can rest easy now that SHIELD has been renewed. After a slew of amazing episodes it has become one of my favorite shows on TV.
Flag
Pleased about Goldberg's, I get a kick out of that.
Flag
Happy happy , Joy Jooy - Once Upon a Time and Resurrection, I dont care about the rest :)
Flag
Why isn't The Middle in the list of the renewals we're most excited about ?

I'm excited about SHIELD and The Middle, happy about Modern Family...

Not sure what I'm feeling about Revenge, my interest for this show keeps going down...
Flag
I kinda like The Goldbergs, and i was secretly hoping they renew it.. I knew Agents of SHIELD will be renewed (Duh!)..so far ABC haven't done anything to upset my TV viewing..that honor still goes to them crazy foxes at FOX.
Flag
YES to SHIELD :D :D :D And for picking up that new Marvel show about Agent Carter. She's cool.
Flag
The Goldbergs? Really? Does the mob own it, or something? That show's at least down there with Super Fun Night.
Flag
Yes to Shield and meh to Revenge.
Flag
There is still no word on the fates of Nashville, Betrayal, Killer Women, Last Man Standing, Trophy Wife, Mixology, Suburgatory, The Neighbors, Black Box, or Super Fun Night.

Kill them all!!

Flag
Most sound pretty dead indeed but Nashville, Suburgatory and Last Man Standing might still have a chance...
Flag
Not Suburgatory.
Flag
Yay for Marvel's Agent Carter!
Flag
Majority of these were certainties before the announcement... please, please, please let them renew Nashville too!
Flag
Wait Castle wasn't renewed before?
Flag
I turned on The Goldbergs a couple weeks ago and it was just as bad as I'd feared: nothing but period-specific references and unlikeable people. Did I just hit a bad episode or is the show really that shallow?
Flag
Happy for OUAT and SHIELD! Two favorites of mine. Glad for Resurrection too.
Flag
Great news.Definitely want to see more next season with.....

Flag
What's that Hydra agent doing in the picture of decent former SHIELD agents?
Flag
It's a photo of the good old days when everyone was one big happy family.And then Ward stabbed everyone in the back!
Flag
Actually, Ward shot everyone in the head...and dropped two in the ocean.
Flag
Darth Ward and Skye-SkyeWalker must be together, otherwise the Empire SHIELD can't strike back.
Flag
True Agents of Nothing never wear suits!
Flag
Best news today about Agents of SHIELD :D. Also happy about Castle.
Flag
Stoked about OUAT and SHEILD.
Flag
Happy about OUAT, and to an extent AoS, as in it gives me plenty of reason to catch up over the Summer, since I dropped it before the whole Hydra stuff. Hopefully, it only continues to improve in season 2.
Flag
The first few were boring, but it has gotten SO GOOD, worth checking out
Flag
The Middle hasn't been renewed yet. And that's good because it shows that they are not done yet, as they will renew that, probably LMS, and maybe (and hopefully) Suburgatory. Suburgatory is the one show I'm worried about.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members