Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 20, 2016)
If you remember Agent Barton aka Hawkeye and Agent Romanov aka Widow were SHIELD agents in the Avengers movie. They were not members of the Avengers but were fighting along side in the Battle of New York. Now some comic suggest that these two became members of the Avenger's team and yet still have SHIELD ties. So an appearance from either Barton or Romanov might help. You do have a character similar to Barton's persona in the CO for SKY. Whereas he isn't an archer, the fighting still and mannerisms are similar though. So who know. but it is certainly worth giving either a few seconds of appearance to keep fans interested.
Comments (17)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
First Agent Ward in ep 1 was said his scores were highest since Romanov. In episode where he & Fitz go on mission they say Barton & Romanov go in knowing they do not have pick up. Coulson thinks that Ward & Fitz should have been told that going in. War Machine & Heimdal are out there & Falcon is on the horizon. No body does not mean dead remember we all "saw" Coulson die in Avengers- how did that work out by the way? As to cameos on the show ABC is Owned by Disney- Disney Owns Marvel-Disney makes the Avengers movies-Disney can afford to put them in if they wanted. They can do video conference so they do not have to do anything but talk. Doubt cost will be as high as Brando's Jor-El speech even with inflation.
Flag
Problems:
1. Barton is played by Jeremy Renner. Unless you're talking a 30 second cameo, the show can't afford him. If you're talking a 30 second cameo, how much do you think it'll help?

2. Romanov is played by Scarlett Johansson. If the show can't afford Renner, they can't afford Johansson.

Proof: They brought in Samuel L. Jackson for a brief cameo to help tie the show into the movie. Fury is the director of SHIELD. How hard do you think it would be to work in a conversation with the boss each episode? Not very, right? So why haven't we seen more of Samuel L. Jackson? Oh, right. Money.

3. As far as any of the Avengers know, Coulson is dead. That was a major point in the movie. Bringing in Barton and/or Romanov would mean revealing to the team that Coulson is alive. That's not the sort of reveal that's going to be "wasted" on the show. If it's going to play out anywhere, it's going to be on the big screen. Until that happens, you won't be seeing Downey, Evans, Ruffalo, or Hemsworth either.
Flag
Also, doesn't Capt America find out that the Coulson being dead thing was a lie used to manipulate him before or in Capt America II? I thought I read somewhere that the movie was about him dealing with that and his "new relationship" with SHIELD, but I could be wrong, I don't even remember where I read it...
Flag
All good points.

I'd also add: scheduling. Most of these movie stars are tied up in filming/promotion commitments for more than a year in advance. The fact that they're both in Marvel movies doesn't change this.
Flag
Either showing up in the TV show would probably depend on money. Sam Jackson enthusiastically wanted to do an episode of the show.

Also, Romanov is likely 'above' Coulson. She reports directly to Fury. It's possible she's 'above' Maria Hill. In the 'movieverse' she's doing things like teaming up with Captain America, so anything Coulson's group is involved in is likely beneath her.

Barton reported to Coulson, so in-verse it could make sense he'd work with Coulson again.
Flag
I may be wrong, but I think it's the opposite. I think Romanov is below Coulson, and not "level 7", so she wouldn't know that Coulson is still alive.

It would make sense that she's working with the Avengers (Captain America), because they're on the same clearance level.

I don't think it would make sense for either of them to actually appear until it's revealed that he's alive in the movies (if it ever is). But I agree with you all, it would be pretty awesome. :)
Flag
Romanov is level 7 (I found this information online so I am not 100% sure if its correct, but I'd say it is.). She's a bit below coulson.
Also she doesn't necessarily always report directly to fury, We only saw it in the Avengers when Fury was the one to call Romanov and that was regarding the Avengers.
I would say Barton is also level 7 because he seems to be on the same level as Romanov.
Flag
I guess it depends on how its portrayed. For example, in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Romanov was on a spy mission that only Nick Fury was aware of.

Also, in the movies we never see Romanov report to Coulson or even pay any attention to him.
Flag
Yeah, good point.

It would be wicked to have them cameo, but I honestly don't think the show can afford any more than that, unless Scarlett Johansen and Jeremy Renner want to do it for the fun of it.
Flag
I did like the mention of Barton and Romanoff in 'The Hub'. It ties in nicely with the movie AND the comic continuity. We'll probably hear a bit more about Romanoff in particular in the next few months.
Flag
I'd love to see Black Widow school them all (aside from the scientists/techies and May's piloting) she's got all their skills and more, it'd be hilarious and awesome :)
Flag
He already did a snl skit of the Avengers showing that he's not shy about TV work OR reprising Hawkeye on TV so I think he'd be a natural to appear at some point. especially since he has no feature films the character could use more exposure.
Flag
that snl skit was just awful :(
Flag
Yeah, just proof that he's not shy about throwing on the suit for TV...
Flag
yeah I get that, just that was easily the worst "skit" possible on the subject (looks like they wrote it w/o even seeing the film; snl quality always tanks when elections end), all it succeeded at was being insulting to all not funny, worst of all was the sexist jokes on BW as "the eye candy" y'know despite her being the best character in the film >(
Flag
I think this is a great idea!

Barton was a always this silent type sitting at the back until the Avengers movie, so I see no reason why he can't appear in the same fashion on the TV show.
Flag
I'd love to see him and Bobbi (Mockingbird) in films or tv
Flag
Follow this Show
Members