Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 20, 2016)

The world of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is about to get even more geektastic.

Former Xena star Lucy Lawless is heading to ABC's super series in Season 2, TV.com has learned.

In true Marvel fashion, details on her role and how long she'll be sticking around are being kept under wraps. (Call off the Level 7 snipers now, please!) 

Lawless is also known for her roles on SpartacusBattlestar Galactica, and Parks and Recreation. Who do you think you'll play on S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 premieres Tuesday, September 23 at 9pm on ABC.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/17/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

59 Comments
Comments (59)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm tipping her to be Victoria Hand's widow on a warpath if revenge against HYDRA
Flag
Skye's Alien Mom? =D
Hoping she's part of Skye's backstory, anyway, so she's not just a one-shot.
Flag
Great!!! Loved her in Xena

Flag
Very cool!
Flag
Yesssssssss.
Flag
now i cant wait for season 2 to start. heck, yeah!
Flag
Another good concept show ruined by the Hollywood feminists. The social liberals are killing off the good shows which had strong male casts by insisting more females get added. So the female is given the part written for the male actor without any change or logic it is a girl in a man’s role. This is just taking good parts for men and giving them to woman for some liberal social experiment and quota. Then you ask why are the strong action shows like 24 and Grimm failing. Even Big Bang about social awkward geeks has turned into Friends.
Flag
Go back to Reddit and whine there. Thanks.
Flag
Please do not feed the trolls ^_^
Flag
Ooh! A woman-hater. Someone please call Lisbeth!
Flag
Excellent, good actress and will make the show better.
Flag
Great news! Xena was one of my favorite shows back in the 90's. Can't wait to see that happening.
Flag
She could be playing Sky Mother.
Flag
My first thought was that she could easily be an Asgardian, but they kinda did that in the first season and with no new Thor movie coming out next year, it's unlikely.

I guess she could play the agent who found Skye as a baby in a flashback? Or it could be revealed that she's still alive. I'd like that.
Flag
Had Marvel not just rebooted Ms. Marvel as a totally different character, I would guess her just because I'm a secret optimist. Because why have a "secret" role if it's just some regular person? But it'll probably be Coulson's sister or something simple like that just to throw us off.
Flag
Carol Danvers became Captain Marvel, so if they wanted to go that route...
Flag
Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot, good call. It's a pretty clean-cut role though, maybe they'll have her be Moonstone who took up the mantle of Ms. Marvel during Dark Avengers, since there are other Dark Reign elements going on in the show already.
Flag
My honest first reaction?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, YEAH!
Flag
Yay! I don't care what her role is, I love Lucy Lawless. Whatever she does it should be great.
Flag
She was good in "No Ordinary Family" also involving superheros.
Flag
the last two things I remember lawless in are BSG and Spartacus. She was very good in both those shows, so I have every confidence that whether she be a villain or a good guy she will be a joy to watch.
Flag
Hell yeah! She was awesome in Spartacus, the show wasn't the same once she took the tumble off the cliff :)
Flag
Ohh, she needs to be evil, please show!!
Flag
Xena, or a Agent.
Flag
Lawless has demonstrated (since Sparti-no-pants) that she has some acting chops and can deliver both the intense and the funny to subtle shades. All of which are what this show presumes to have in spades as its staple super hero vehicle of choice. However, to me, this is precisely where the show has continued to splutter out of the gates, as it can't decide just how intense or funny/ironic it wants to be. And I guess this is where Lawless is hoped to either hit supercharge or turbo to prevent crossover drag.
Whoever it is, she'll obviously be some Agent of M.I.L.F. alpha type to add a bit of frisson to the mix. I'm guessing as either a higher-up or top drawer field agent with a string of sexual conquests (novel, hey?), that will show the others up at every opportunity with sharp-tongued aplomb.
She has definitely improved with age in all aspects.
Flag
Agent of M.I.L.F. HAHAHA. Can we have THAT spin off please?
Flag
some random person who has notjing to do with super heros...much like the cast and show...LAME!
Flag
Actually the second half of the season was amazing even to many people that didn't like the first half. Sorry you didn't like the show. I enjoyed the whole thing.

Likewise, the second half of the season had: Asguardians, Deathlok, some random meta villains, hints of Inhumans, and perhaps even a Kree cameo.

But hater's gonna hate.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Yes! I need more Lucy Lawless on my screen after her great job on Spartacus. Knowing MAOS it will probably be a new character... If not then I could see her as aged Valkyrie :D
Flag
Her character on S.H.I.E.L.D. may still be a secret, but Judging by some of her more recent roles, she'll likely play an agent of B.I.T.C.H., because she's really good at it. I'm not expecting anything warm and fuzzy.

Flag
I'm wondering how long it's going to take me to stop seeing Xena everywhere.

I guess it depends on how much she (the actress) has changed since then. Which... I honestly have no idea. Has her voice changed? She had a pretty distinctive voice.
Flag
The accent she used for Xena wasn't her real accent.
Flag
Yeh, I recall seeing her in interviews back in the day and I was like "w t h"

Like Hugh Laurie didn't use his real accent in House... Lucy Lawless didn't use her real accent in Xena: Warrior Princess

In Lucy's case... I guess it would be hard to explain someone from Ancient Greece sounding like someone from New Zealand.
Flag
The biggest surprise I got from an accent was learning that Anna Torv is Australian. Got through all 5 seasons of Fringe before I heard her real voice and it was shocking!
Flag
I think maybe Fitz's mother, visiting him in the hospital.
Whatever her role, it will be interesting for sure, Lucy Lawless will make something of it
Flag
Oh, good call! I can definitely see that.
Flag
I think she should be Xena... she still looks good enough to play the part...
Flag
My guess? Carol Danvers. Since, as we learned from her guest-starring role on the Simpsons, Lucy Lawless can fly.
Flag
I worry she's either going to be playing a new character created just for the show, or someone so obscure even most hardcore comic fans will have to look up who the hell her character is.
Flag
I don't mind either option. Heck, Deathlok was fairly obscure unless you were really into Marvel comics. Heck he's more obscure than "The Falcon"

And last season's villain (Bill Paxton's "Garrett") was a VERY obscure Marvel villain, and yet I think that whole thing played out quite well

Flag
Viper.
Flag
shes STILL hot..wow
Flag

Awesome!Maybe she'll play Agent Brand of S.W.O.R.D.!

Flag
Ok this looks great, she will fit nicely
Flag
i hope she plays a good girl good girls a hawt :P
Flag
Dang... Now I'm gonna have to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....
Lawless is Flawless !
Flag
"Who do you think you'll play on S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

LOL! Nice of you to ask! I suspect I would be Wonder Man, because it would be a wonder if they asked me to play a role in the show!

As for Lucy L, as the computer savvy girl has a monster father, maybe Lucy will play the mother?
Flag
Carol Danvers?
Flag
When Nick Offerman gets a role on the show, then I will be jumping with joy. Who Lucy will play, I don't know. Maybe Skye's monster mother?
Flag
Offerman with a super hero sax - it'd at least explain Kenny G.
Flag
Hmm tricky! She could pull off aasgardian just as easily as a top level agent!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members