Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC (Returning Fall 2017)
***Contains spoilers, unless you're up to date on both the Marvel movies and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.***

From the very first episode, we've seen the Marvel movies cross over onto Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. And why shouldn't they? They're part of the same universe and personally I like seeing the fallout from the movies being explored over the course of a series. But by the same token, shouldn't we and will we see Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cross over into a future Marvel movie? S.H.I.E.L.D. has played a pretty big part in most of the Marvel movies, and now it seems that Coulson and his team represent the last of that organization. Since I doubt Samuel L. Jackson will choose to come to television to play Fury for more than a cameo, will we see them all team up on the big screen? We've also seen some big events on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that could translate to the big screen, such as who and what was released from the Fridge, Skye being an 0-8-4 and the T.A.H.I.T.I. program and the blue skinned alien. We probably wont see a t.v. to movie cross-over any time soon, as Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't take place on earth(as far as I know) but shouldn't we see some fall out from these events in future Marvel movies, such as Age of Ultron or Ant-Man?

Your thoughts?
Comments (24)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
May 15, 2014
Here's a little bit for everyone:

quynnap - Consider, if you will, the following: what motivated Cap and Company to get it together and kick the invading alien's butt in Avengers 1 was Coulson's death - Heck, even Phil makes a comment to Agent Maria Hill, when she suggest that he could get a gig with Tony Stark's Security company, that even Tony doesn't know he's alive.

Also consider what Nick said to Phil re: the T.A.H.I.T.I project - Phil: "That emergency was suppose to be (for) the fall of an Avenger..." Nick: "EXACTLY... and I'm damn glad I did, too." Even Nick considers Phil as important as any other member of the Avengers.

PatriciaSnche & funnyl3unni - Yes, the MCU is tracking straight through 2028 -- we all partied like it was 2099 about that when JW mentioned it -- but then, that was before Agent Carter was officially announced. So, if there is room in the MCU for a throwback to the beginnings of S.H.I.E.L.D., I'm sure there is room for a AOS movie.
Flag
May 14, 2014
Well, Coulson's 'resurrection' is going to have to be explained to the Avengers sooner or later (and likely sooner after the roleCoulson's been given at the end of season 1). And given that Coulson's expressed a preference for doing that personally, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up on the big screen for that (even if only in a credit-scene). I still think most of the cross-overs will happen on the small screen rather than the big one.
Flag
May 11, 2014
Well, it's all over the internet that JW and company have MCU projects planned until 2028 and it's said that among those projects are Black Panther, Doctor Strange and even a movie for each member of Guardians of the Galaxy, so it wouldn't be surprising that they were planning on making an AOS's movie. In fact, it would be logic, even necessary (at least for me xD).
Flag
Apr 29, 2014
It entirely depends on what Skye is. If itis something impressive then I could see her and perhaps Coulson in a movie. Personally I would watch fitz-Simmons in a movie. That could be fun. Or just Elizabeth Hentstridge in a movie.
Flag
Apr 30, 2014
I really believe Skye is going to end up being an already established Marvel character with a tweaked origin story, like how they did Deathlok. One that comes to mind is Jessica Drew (Spider Woman) based on how much that characters name has been thrown around since the beginning of the series. My other is Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel). Something about the unknown superpowers and the possible Kree just give me that idea.
Flag
Apr 30, 2014
Maybe, you seem to be way more familiar about the universe than I am. I am largely ignorant to anything ad anyone that isn't in the movies or aren't widely known. However, it will be interesting and I think it will be a show maker or ender as to how they deal with Skye.
Flag
Apr 29, 2014
I've read somewhere (fairly recently) that a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie is a real possibility - but it's all about timing. And with the next 5 years or so already planned in terms of Marvel studios movies I'm not sure how it would fall in line. I could see Coulson's crew - possibly the entire crew making an appearance in a movie much sooner than having it's own movie.
Flag
Apr 29, 2014
I dunno... I rank threat levels and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. only seem to deal with B or C class threats.

F class- petty thieves and one-time murderers. (local police)
D class- serial killers and master criminals. (FBI)
C class- non super terrorists who have weapons that could wipe out cities (CIA and SHIELD for the particularly nasty ones.)
B class- super powered criminals and terrorist organizations that can bring down nations. (SHIELD and relatively unknown single super hero levels)
A class- classic super villains and armies that can level planets (Avengers super hero threat-level)
S class- enormously powered entities that are threats to the entire universe if left unchecked. Thanos and Galactus are two examples. (Pretty much every hero in the Marvel universe needs to team up to fight these guys)
Flag
Apr 29, 2014
This may sound ridiculous but who is Thanos I kinda know who galactus is but no clue who Thanos is.
Flag
Apr 30, 2014
his the guy from fantastic four rise of the silver surfer movie. u kno the big cloud. hes suppose to be a purple wearing giant tho. his not actually evil either tho i dont think. he just needs to eat planets to survive and if he dies the world will basically end
Flag
Apr 30, 2014
Thank you
Flag
Apr 29, 2014
I would settle for small cameos: Skye hacking for Bucky or Steve Rogers, Fitz-Simmons in Jayne Foster's lab, Melinda May helping out Bruce Banner or Phillip finally gathering the nerve to visit Stark Industries.

They are the sidekicks, let them side-kick.
Flag
Apr 29, 2014
Iron Man and the Hulk I thing are too expensive (especially when you factor in Robert Downey Jr's salary), but would love guys like Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye, etc to be on it.
Flag
Apr 29, 2014
I miss hawkeye haven't seen him in ages
Flag
Apr 28, 2014
I could see a movie being used to wrap up the series. But if there is a crossover, it's likely to be Coulson and one or two other members. The movies tend to focus on the superheros.
Flag
Apr 28, 2014
Oh, but the big problem being is the trust level of the Avengers. True, they don't have S.H.I.E.L.D. concerns any longer, but presumably Nick Fury brought them together for this mission. I'm thinking Phil being alive sort of pulls the rug out of the trust in him since his death was what Nick used to rally the troops the first go round. I actually vaguely expected Nick to tell Steve and Sam at the end of Captain America basically because they needed someone else to trust too, but, I imagine that will get back to them via Maria.
Flag
Apr 28, 2014
I agree. I had this whole idea last week that say Ward successfully survives the season, maybe gets himself on let's kill him list by saving Skye or something and the team knows all of his other decisions are a result of being manipulated, but isn't welcome back into the core of the team. Maybe a listless Ward wants to prove himself, and who better to prove himself against than the Black Widow? And it would seem to jive with a Whedon directed story that yes the whole HYDRA fall out and the Ultron are the big splashy things in the Avengers movie, but wouldn't a more interesting and human story to get to know Romanov a little more (since that seemed to be an avenue opened up in Captain America) through a weird sort of possibly homicidal hero stalking by Ward. He feels like he has lost and betrayed the only people who actually cared about him, he knows he is a good liar and has no other allegiances and only knows he compares himself to her. I mean, that would again mean a good chunk of next season where we watch Ward's downward spiral on the show. Like he saves the day a few times and the team is starting to get ready to trust him and Skye gives him intel as to where the Avengers will be because he needs to be a hero or whatever. And then whatever happens in the movie happens, he might die and the show gets to deal with the aftermath of now the Avengers don't even trust them and the guilt over what Ward became. Or they have to deal with the shame of him.

But, what I think is more likely is that they will try and backburner that whole serum thing for as long as possible (as Simmons appears to be the only person actually curious about everything, it might actually not be hard), throw red herrings in the way, almost allow reasonable explanations to assuage Coulson and Skye and we will discover in the movie that they have been withdrawing material from Loki's scepter and been experimenting with it. One branch of partial success is the Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver. One thing they were trying to do is reanimate the Kree (?) creature that Coulson found. And that is what they were injected with. They can probably use Skye's 084 status and that Coulson's were used to actually bring him back to life to avoid any real superpowers (ones that are expensive)
More+
Flag
Follow this Show
Members