Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABC

MARVEL'S FORMER AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

... Now that How I Met Your Mother has signed off for good, Cobie Smulders, who plays now-former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will be reprising her role on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. later this season. Following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Hill now works for Tony Stark and is looking for new ways to help save the world, while Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) struggles to let go of the organization that was his home for many, many years. [TV Guide]

BUSINESS TIME

... Grab the nearest bottle of whiskey, because preliminary Nielsen numbers estimate that the Season 5 finale of Justified (which Tim reviewed here!) brought in 2.37 million viewers last night. That's up five percent from the Season 4 finale, and Season 4 was arguably a much better season. But you'll never find me complaining about more people watching Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder trade barbs. [Variety]

... Speaking of ratings: Last night's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (which I reviewed right here!) was mind-blowing and probably the best episode the series has ever produced, but that didn't prevent it from tanking in the ratings. "Turn, Turn, Turn" brought in only 5.4 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That's a series low, folks. If you spin this news in a positive light, however, it looks like my fellow S.H.I.E.L.D. viewers and I are now part of a secret club, and only we know  that SPOILER is a SPOILER. OMG. SPOILER. [TV Line]

... Paramount TV—the television branch of Paramount, in case that wasn't clear—launched last year and is now putting several shows into development, including a series inspired by the novel The Alienist by Caleb Carr, a miniseries about Charles Lindbergh, and projects based on the Terminator franchise and The Truman Show. [The Wrap]

... Lifetime has ordered 10 episodes of Relative Insanity, a new reality competition series from the producers of Big Brother. It pits two families against one another as they compete in various Survivor- and Fear Factor-esque challenges in hopes of winning a $25,000 cash prize. [THR ]

... NBC has released a new trailer for Undateable, which premieres Thursday, May 29 and is from Bill Lawrence. Check it out!

... Nat Geo WILD has ordered a second season of Cesar 911, starring Cesar Millan (a.k.a. the Dog Whisperer). Each week, Millan travels to a new neighborhood where a dog is a regular menace and works his magic until he's able to restore balance. He's an everyday hero, that Cesar. [Nat Geo via press release]

... If there's an episode of The Simpsons that you missed at some point during the last couple of decades and still want to watch, have no fear, because FXX is here... with a 12-day marathon of all 552 installments of the Fox comedy. Beginning August 21 and running through Labor Day, you'll be able to watch Homer consume roughly 7,000 doughnuts. [EW]

CASTING NEWS

... Trophy Wife star Bradley Whitford will guest-star on the May 7 episode of Law & Order: SVU. He'll play Frank Maddox, a TV producer accused of molesting his 8-year-old daughter—which, frankly, is something the man who gifted us Josh Lyman would never do. Why does Law & Order insist on tainting everyone I love by painting them as rapists and murderers? [TV Line]

... Michael Gross, who played Steven Keaton on Family Ties, will recur as Walter Gillis, the founder of a DVD distribution company, in the fourth season of USA's Suits. [The Wrap]

... Tessa Ferrer (Grey's Anatomy) has joined the Halle Berry-fronted Extant in the recurring role of Katie Sparks, an over-achieving astronaut. Still no word on who will play Berry's unborn alien baby, though! [Deadline]

SAD NEWS

... James Hellwig, better known to WWE fans as the legendary wrestler the Ultimate Warrior, passed away Tuesday. He was 54. Hellwig was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame over the weekend, and even made an appearance WWE’s “Monday Night Raw” on April 7; his cause of death is not yet known. [Variety]

REQUIRED READING

... Ken Forsse, the man who created the popular-in-the-'80s Teddy Ruxpin doll, as well as the animated TV series The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpinpassed away on March 19 at his home in Laguna Woods, California. His obituary is a must-read. [NY Times]

Next Episode

AIRS ON 12/2/2014

Season 2 : Episode 9

104 Comments
Follow this Show
Members