Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 23, 2014)

In Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and in the movies for that matter you don't often see how awesome agent Coulson is in a fight. You might even think he's more middle management then field agent on occasion, but then a funny thing happened on the way to Thor's hammer and you see how awesome he is.

The Marvel one shot DVD extra's tell a tiny story (around 5 to 10 minutes) that sometimes expand the characters of the Marvel universe. (Agent Carter).

Sometimes address a disappointment by the fans (All hail the king).

Or it's just a cautionary tale about the risks of carpal tunnel syndrome when using alien weaponry (item 47)

With the exception of All hail the king they're all S.H.I.E.L.D. stories and now with the Winter soldier developments there are even some One Shots that might need to be looked at again and reexamined. Agent Sitwell legendary patsy skills in the consultant for instance or his recruitment of claire and Ben in item 47. (I would love to see them on AoS someday.)

It's spectacular how Marvel can tell a story in only 5 minutes with a beginning middle and end and when you look back on it a couple of months later you thought it was a lot longer.
If I have to pick a favorite One Shot it's either Item 47 or Agent Carter.
If I have to pick my favorite music from the One Shots it's gonna be agent Coulson's choice of drive music in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer. somehow totally unexpected yet completely fitting the character.
So What's your favorite Marvel One Shot?
poll

If you have a
favorite piece of music let me know in the comments.
2 Comments
Follow this Show
Members