Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC (Returning December 1, 2017)
I don't want to say that this broadcast network season has been awful but ... May Sweeps are upon us and we're at the FINISH line coming to a CLOSE. Glory!

ABC and NBC are due to announce their renewed/cancelled shows unfailingly next week. So, without further ado, here are the final predictions for the 2013-2014 broadcast TV season.

** Note: Any show not renewed by CBS or FOX at this point is automatically cancelled. With the exception of the The Mentalist who CBS might! give a final season renewal to.

** Any existing show with the exception of The 100 (which is a lock for renewal ) not renewed by The CW by now is also automatically cancelled. But! The CW may renew The Tomorrow People for midseason though very HIGHLY unlikely. Sorry TTP Fans!

*** Disclaimer: BASICALLY, THESE GUESSES ARE PURELY SUBJECTIVE.

ABC
Modern Family – Renewed
Scandal – Renewed
Grey’s Anatomy – Renewed
Resurrection - Renewed
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D – Renewed
Once Upon a Time – Renewed
The Middle – Renewed
Castle – Renewed
Revenge – Renewed
Last Man Standing – Renewed
The Goldbergs – Renewed (cancellation would be shocking)
Nashville – Renewed
Suburgatory – possibly Renewed … (it depends) 50/50
Black Box - Cancelled
Mixology - Cancelled
Mind Games - Cancelled - Slater-Killen Jinx/Curse lives on....
Lucky 7 – Cancelled
Betrayal – Cancelled
The Assets – Cancelled
Killer Women – Cancelled
The Neighbors – Cancelled
Super Fun Night – Cancelled
Back in the Game – Cancelled
OUAT Wonderland – Cancelled
Trophy Wife – Cancelled (heartbroken about this) - ABC "say" they like it, regardless renewal WOULD a pleasant SURPRISE!

NBC
About a Boy - Renewed
Parenthood – Renewed
Community – Renewed
Hannibal - Renewed
Growing up Fisher - Renewed
Law & Order: SVU – Renewed already for 2014-15
Parks & Recreation – *Renewed (not OFFICIAL yet)
Grimm – Renewed already for 2014-15
Chicago Fire – Renewed already for 2014-15
Chicago PD – Renewed already for 2014-15
The Blacklist – Renewed already for 2014-15
Revolution – Cancelled (I think its done! A 3rd would mean a 4th. NBC can't risk it )
Crisis - Cancelled
Believe - Cancelled
Ironside – Cancelled
Dracula – Cancelled
Sean Saves the World – Cancelled
Welcome to the Family – Cancelled
The Michael J. Fox Show – Cancelled
30 Comments
Comments (30)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
May 11, 2014
why did this come up on the Agents of Shield page..unreal crap is taking over this site, that and unwanted ads now take up over 25% of the page , congrats on being among the biggest whores on the web!
Flag
May 05, 2014
This has been an interesting year of television,I'm not sure if that is in a good way."Law and Order:SVU" is one of my favorite showsall time,but it has to end at some point,I'm just not sure when myself as well as other fans will be ready for that but it could be over in 2 weeks.I personally love "Revenge" another one of my all time favs,but it only has so much left,I hope they renew it at least for a 13 episode wrap up season,I like "Revolution" and I have seen every episode but I don't like it as much as I once did but I will miss it and the character of "Miles" in particular,if it is canceled.I love 'The Carrie Diaries" and I already miss it,what a shame it couldn't find more viewers,everyone needs to watch at least one simple show without all the killing and craziness.I had hoped "Intelligence" would be a better show then it was and that it would've been a hit because I loved having Josh Holloway on my tv every week again but it didn't pan out.I did find 2 new shows that I watch "The Blacklist" which is a brilliant show and "Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D." which has finally become the show I always knew it could be,so I hope it gets picked up.Even my cable shows have been off this season "White Collar" another one of my all time favorites could've had a perfect ending if they had known USA wasn't really interested in them anymore instead they left a cliffhanger and barely got picked up for an 8 episode wrap and "Justified" had a very off year,seeming to be wasting time until next year,which will be its last.Anyway I think I'm looking forward to summer and having a few months off before it all starts again.
More+
Flag
May 05, 2014
A little bit sad about Believe, they could have done a couple of good storylines with that one.
Crisis - like Hostages, this show always had a short lifetime, a long one would have felt drawn out and lets face it rubbish. just hope they give it a good conclusion.
Revolution - Mehhh! so much potential wasted on this show, though I will miss the old school sword fights and Miles in particular.
The Mentalist - here's hoping for a renewal and more of Patrick's mind games and traps.
Flag
May 04, 2014
I hope that Believe and Trophy Wife will be renewed. I like both shows.

I'm counting on Castle and Shields to be renewed because I love those shows. Other than those four shows still up in the air the shows I watch have already been renewed.
Flag
May 03, 2014
I hope Hannibal and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. get a renewal... I don't care about any of the others.

Besides that...
"Any show not renewed by CBS or FOX at this point is automatically cancelled. With the exception of the The Mentalist who CBS might! give a final season renewal to."
Not at all. And that's not parto of the "pure subjectively guesses". That's just SO wrong; year after year CBS and FOX keep giving us proof of the contrary. Anyways, we'll see really soon. ;)
Flag
May 04, 2014
And, I will be so happy when you are proved wrong :) :) :)
Flag
May 02, 2014
Leave Dracula & Believe alone!!!!
Flag
May 02, 2014
As long as NBC renews Community and Hannibal I'll be happy. (i'm positive ABC will renew SHIELD).
Flag
May 02, 2014
So that means the Crazy Ones are canceled? How unfortunate. I liked that show.
Flag
May 02, 2014
Kind of surprised about Trophy Wife, that was a fairly strong show that had more good than bad, especially in comparison to this season of Suburgatory.
Flag
May 02, 2014
Revenge – Renewed

oh no...
Flag
May 02, 2014
Yet, I would not cry if L&O: SVU were to be cancelled. It should have been put to bed years ago.

I'm pretty sure Agents of SHIELD will be back for season 2. Disney would never have had the actors go to Paleyfest if the studio was cancelling the series.
Flag
May 02, 2014
Please renew SHIELD, plase renew SHIELD, please re...
Flag
May 02, 2014
NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please I am begging you to renew Dracula! I love it! I beg you!
Flag
May 02, 2014
i liked this show too. But its cancellation is old news by now.

Best scene: the turning of Mina. "if you behave like a monster, i will turn you into one" - Awesome :) :)
Dracula you will be missed.

Flag
May 04, 2014
That was a good scene, however the hands-down best scene of the entire series was a 2 part shot. The first part when the Huntress pins a female vamp to the wall and asks who summoned her (who her master was).
"You know him by many names. Vlad Tepes, Vlad The Impaler, Vlad Dracula". Then the scene where the Huntress and Co. see the bodies impaled on the iron fence. By far the best of the show.
Flag
May 02, 2014
LUCY was the one who was turned into a vampire. And she was extremely disappointing because she didn't do ANYTHING during the season finale that was relevant to the plot of the main story.
Flag
May 02, 2014
sorry Lucy, my mistake, thanks vamp-man.

but what could you expect from a "baby-vampire". She was made the day(night) before if i'm not mistaken. Vlad wasn't expecting nothing from her.
And for Lucy, it should be strange(she had no idea what actually happen to her). she didn't knew her master. didn't understand her weakness and her feelings...
As a viewer, i also wanted to see more, but it makes sense with her character and the moment in her plot.
(She would grow SO MUCH if there as a 2nd season)

The style and the aesthetic of this show are amazing. A show that i'll binge rewatch later in the year(probably instead True Blood, i disliked last season last ep. i don't like the new paradigm)
Flag
May 01, 2014
Hey you forgot Hannibal......crossing fingers it gets renewed. :)
Flag
May 02, 2014
Thank you!
Flag
May 02, 2014
You also forgot Believe & Crisis. They are new, but older than Black Box, which you included.

Personally i think that Believe & Hannibal, will be cancelled sadly. :( Crisis will be renewed, based on Gullian Anderson's star power (see Kevin Bacon- The Following). And Revolution will get an 8-13 episode sendoff.
Flag
May 02, 2014
LOL. Those are shows? My bad. I thought that was NBC's way of describing it's current state because they will BOTH be cancelled.
Flag
May 02, 2014
I agree though, that Crisis isn't very good. Gillian is making the best, of a silly concept and lousy writing. That's about the most positive thing i can say. It's not quite down to The Following's level, but it's close.
Flag
May 02, 2014
Well the rumor has been for a while, that two of the four will be renewed. That is based on their current slate, of new series and pilots. They have to fill those slots. Personally, i'd rather them renew Hannibal & Believe. Hannibal is great, and Believe is an interesting concept. Abrams didn't like the direction it was going, so he replaced the showrunner in episode 6. The new showrunner has only put out 3 episodes, so it's hard to judge.

Say what you want about these dramas, at least they are not the typical procedurals, that have blanketed broadcast networks, or any of that reality garbage. My main genres are horror, sci-fi, fantasy, spy dramas, and detective/ mystery serials, (for example True Detective, not weekly self contained procedurals).
Flag
Follow this Show
Members