Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC (Returning Fall 2017)

Anyone want to make any guesses?

Comments (22)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Sep 25, 2013
I vote clone or android, but also possibly a superhero that had their mind wiped and reprogrammed.
Flag
Sep 25, 2013
No one throwing out clone made by Jackal, Dark Beast or Mr. Sinister? Or maybe he's a Deathlok, merged with Darkhawks amulet, bonded to a spawn of the Venom symbiote, underwent the Department K's Deadpool treatments, or just accidentally stuck himself with one of the thousands of resurrection devices that seem to be laying around that universe.

That's why I love comic books. Anything can happen!
I hope we see some cameos by some of the "non big" names, New-Warriors (c'mon Speedball), Defenders, the Great Lake Avengers (Squirrel Girl FTW), etc.
Flag
Sep 25, 2013
The two most likely suspects for Coulson's survival are variations of Extremis or Erskine's Super Soldier Serum. LMD's are too easy to detect if you know what to look for. And Coulson WOULD know.
Flag
Sep 20, 2013
I think maybe, Phil used that "Life Model Decoy" Stark had been joking with him about, but then of course, Tony would have to know about it, unless Director Fury also had that technology available.
Flag
Sep 08, 2013
Resurrection in TV and comic books happen all of the time. Look at Green Arrow. Its' make-believe, not real life. They just call it a parallel universe right!
Flag
Sep 06, 2013
My theory was/is that Agent Phil Coulson 'died' in "The Avengers" in the same way that Lieutenant Jim Gordon 'died' in "The Dark Knight", except that Phil stayed 'dead' for the rest of the movie.
Flag
Sep 05, 2013
Maybe it was a Life Model Decoy Loki killed.
Flag
Aug 24, 2013
I heard a theory once that they were going to use Agent Coulson as the basis for 'The Vision' which would make sense if they were going the android route in this, as The Vision was a superpowered android with the consciousness and (minor) cyborg-like combined body of a human man that died. He was very similar to Robocop in that respect. I don't recall where I heard the theory but I do remember it being very well plotted out in terms of how they would slot in all the creation elements to Coulson's backstory that would make it possible.
Since The Vision is one of the more high profile members of The Avengers team, adding him to the universe is a no brainer and making the character one we all know and love is a great option!
Flag
Aug 03, 2013
oooooooo ok its the marvel Universe that tell you that somewhere in the world wolverine lives can you say blood transfusion and lol on top of that I do know that wolverine was in the avengers from time to time like spider-man right so you think
Flag
Jul 31, 2013
All I know is that "he can never know", which means its got to be interesting!
Flag
Jul 27, 2013
Maybe this show takes place before the Avengers?
Flag
Aug 03, 2013
no it starts like 10 weeks after the avengers
Flag
Jul 18, 2013
Clone or android
Flag
Jul 09, 2013
Joss looked at him and said, "Let Coulson Live." And then he did.
Flag
Staff
Jul 11, 2013
I hope this is exactly how they explain it in the piilot.
Flag
Jul 09, 2013
I heard a theory that suggests that it was a faked death to allow him some time off. I'd have to look up some lines in The Avengers to support that, but my friend had a very tightly-plotted theory.
Flag
Jul 08, 2013
He's is an AI (artificial intelligence)
Flag
Jul 07, 2013
This is a world of Superheroes, come on guys, they have Thor who has to be able to fix a "Puny Human" lol or they are using an alternate Universe.
Flag
Jul 05, 2013
Because he is awesome!
Flag
Jul 04, 2013
He's a zombie?
Flag
Jul 07, 2013
A vampire perhaps?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members