Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABC

ABC released a new Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. trailer today, and it even includes footage of Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill! But something feels a bit... off. The promo, while definitely shiny, doesn't exactly look it's teasing a Joss Whedon production. Where are the quips? What's with the music? Why aren't more things blowing up? This is not the Joss Whedon I know and love. 

However, knowing what we know about Firefly and Dollhouse (we're all in agreement that what happened to Firefly was Fox's fault, right?), maybe that's the point? Given that S.H.I.E.L.D. is the most highly anticipated new series of the fall, maybe ABC is trying to attract the attention of non-Whedon fans so that S.H.I.E.L.D. won't end up becoming another Joss Whedon failure*?

*Let the record show that I don't consider anything Joss Whedon does to be a failure, but I do understand how some people might watch Dollhouse and ask, WTF is this garbage?!

What do you think? Am I crazy? Or is there definitely something off in this trailer?

Next Episode

AIRS ON 12/2/2014

Season 2 : Episode 9

155 Comments
Follow this Show
Members