Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 29, 2015)

SYNERGIZE 'TIL YOU DROP NEWS

... This morning during the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, ABC president Paul Lee promised that we'll see a more substantial Thor-Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. crossover (i.e. something that goes beyond rage-filled movie clean-up), announcing that Jaimie Alexander will reprise the role of Asgardian warrior Lady Sif in Episode 15 of SHIELD, and also that we'll learn the identity of the Clairvoyant before the season is through. "I really think you're going to enjoy what happens with the Clairvoyant," Lee said. If you say so, buddy! [TV.com's Kaitlin Thomas live from the TCAs]

... ABC will dip into the Marvel universe even more with the development of an Agent Carter series. The proposed drama would focus on another not-quite-superhero from the comic world, this time Agent Carter, the girlfriend of Captain America. Reaper showrunners Tara Butters and Michelle Fazekas would be bosses, and actress Hayley Atwell, who played Carter in the films, would reprise her role. Looks like everyone who's even remotely related to superheroes will get their own series. Coming soon to ABC: I'm Batman's Doorman! Yes, I know the Bat Cave doesn't have a door, sheesh. [THR]

BUSINESS TIME

... Two writers are suing New Girl creator Elizabeth Meriwether, executive producers Peter Chernin and Jake Kasdan, talent agency WME, and Fox, claiming the defendants stole their idea for New Girl. Stephanie Counts and Shari Gold say their 2006 script Square One shares more than a few things in common with the Zooey Deschanel comedy. They both involve a goofy girl moving into an apartment with three guys after she catches her boyfriend cheating, they both feature a grumpy bartender who becomes the girl's love interest, and they both have the girl performing an awkward striptease in the pilot. But things get even more specific: The ex in both works is named Spencer, and the girl's BFF's name is Cece or has the initials C.C. Whose side are you on? [Defamer / THR's PDF copy of the lawsuit]

... Exciting news, NCIS fans! At least I think it's exciting, I don't watch the show. Season 12if it gets ordered (it will get ordered)—will reveal the identity of Gibbs' second ex-wife! Wow! That's amazing, right? Seriously, I'm asking. I have no idea. [TV Line]

... Fox is developing a pair of new shows, one that's a lighthearted comedy and one that's a gritty drama. Steven Spielberg is behind Red Band Society, a sitcom about a group of teens who meet in a hospital and become friends. Runner takes a serious look at the gun-running business through the POV of a wife who didn't know her husband was an arms dealer. [TVGuide.com]

... The Michael J. Fox Show hit a series low last night, pulling in 2 million viewers and a 0.6 rating among adults. That SUCKS. Sean Saves the World performed just a tad better, with 2.7 million viewers and a 0.8 rating. NBC put a lot of stock in these two shows thinking they would save its Thursday lineup, and they've bombed. Meanwhile, Community drew 3.2 million viewers and a 1.1 rating and Parks and Recreation notched 3.1 million viewers and a 1.2 rating. Now do you get it, NBC? [TV Line]

... What in the flying fudge? There's a show in the U.K. called Sex Box, where people have sex in a box and then talk about it? And it's being remade for America? WHAT? [Digital Spy]

... Welp, there's no hope now. The Entourage movie started filming yesterday. Here's a shot of it. [Zap2It]

... HBO's online streaming service, HBO GO, is awesome. It allows anyone with a computer or smartphone to stream just about everything in the network's library. The problem is, you need an HBO subscription to get a password and username. But people have found a way around that by sharing their passwords and usernames. And HBO is totally cool with that. “It’s not that we’re unmindful of it, it just has no impact on the business,” HBO CEO Richard Plepler said. He also said that it's a “terrific marketing vehicle for the next generation of viewers.” Well if that's the case, here's mine for you all! Bronyboy69@aol.com/3ntourageRulZ. [Buzzfeed]

CASTING NEWS

... Weird Al Yankovic will guest-star on an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, making the cartoon the weirdest thing he's ever done. And this guy has worn a white Michael Jackson fat suit. He'll voice Cheese Sandwich, who competes against Pinkie Pie for being the best party-planning pony in the episode scheduled to air on February 1. Okay then. [HUB via press release] 

... NBC home-renovation reality show American Dream Builders has announced its judges: former NFL running back Eddie George and interior designer Monica Pedersen. Geez, I'm sorry for wasting your time with this one. [NBC via press release]

... Academy Award winner Mary Steenbergen (Parenthood, 30 Rock) will join Justified as the wife of Wynn Duffy's crime mentor. Look for her to start her stint in this season's tenth episode. [FX via press release]

... Suburgatory fans who've been dreading a slimmer, trimmer Season 3: good news! Though budget constraints forced the ABC comedy to part ways with a few members of its cast, Alan Tudyk (Noah) and Parker Young (Ryan Shay) will both be back for three episodes this season. [TV.com's Jen Trolio live from the Television Critics Association press tour]

Follow this Show
Members