Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S01E13: "T.R.A.C.K.S."

Ask and ye shall receive, I guess. Early on Tuesday I wrote about three things Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. needed to work on in order to become worthy of our love and attention. In this week's "T.R.A.C.K.S.," the series attempted to rectify most, if not all, of those complaints at once. It continued building on the overarching plot by focusing on the search for the Clairvoyant and Ian Quinn, who returned as the series' resident asshole in "Seeds," while attempting to further develop characters like Skye and Agent Handsome. But most importantly, it absolutely raised the stakes.

Hoping it would lead them to Quinn, the gang took on another increasingly personal mission and hopped on a train to try to recover a piece of technology made by Cybertek that was en route to him in Italy. This was a perfect opportunity for S.H.I.E.L.D. to pair up characters we don't often get to see together, like Coulson and Simmons as father and daughter, and Fitz and Skye as a young couple. May and Handsome's cover identities basically involved May being a quiet, cold woman in a relationship with Handsome, who was left carrying the bags (literally). Gee, I hope they didn't have to stretch their acting abilities too far for that one.

The pairing of Simmons and Coulson provided some great comedy, because as we know, Simmons is terrible at playing things by ear, so she prepared for her role by creating an entire backstory for her character that included a dead mother, leftover resentment of her American father for choosing his work and his prostitutes over their family, and a family vacation to Thailand. As she explained to Coulson, while she's not great at improvisation ("The Hub"), she excels at preparation. Perhaps even funnier than Simmons' outrageous backstory were Coulson's excellent reaction shots to the over-the-top stories being spun by her. Almost as good were Skye and Fitz, who were pretending to be a young American couple in love celebrating nearly a month-long relationship by traveling Europe. Knowing that Fitz harbors a crush on Skye made his reaction to her role playing quite enjoyable, but also a bit sad. If they were to ever become a real couple, it's clear Skye would emasculate Fitz on a daily basis without even realizing she was doing it.

Unfortunately for the team, but fortunately for viewers, things did not go as smoothly as they'd planned. Cybertek knew they were on the train and with everyone separated in different compartments (or on top of the train, if you're May), it was easy to use that against them. Once communications broke down and the gang was offline, the episode kicked in to high gear by experimenting with framing. Instead of following a linear progression of time involving the characters, "T.R.A.C.K.S." jumped around to switch perspectives in order to showcase what happened to each of the characters after things started going downhill.

This style of storytelling can sometimes be frustrating, but the use of it here actually worked well to raise the stakes. It put the viewer in the shoes of the characters each time. One of the series' biggest issues is that very few of the team's mission feel all that problematic or dangerous. And when viewers aren't worried about the characters and their safety, it actively keeps them from fully immersing themselves in the story. Not knowing what happened to Simmons, May, Skye, and Fitz after Coulson and Handsome jumped from the train raised the tension, and actually made me grateful for the train setting, because it trapped the characters in a confined space. Nothing gets the anxiety up quite like being trapped. But while Coulson and Handsome were in a trance caused by a dendrotoxin similar to what the gang used in their own Night-Night Gun, May was being captured and tortured, Simmons was in search of Skye and Fitz, and everything was falling apart.

But of course, none of that could top the last 15 minutes of "T.R.A.C.K.S." in which Mike Peterson officially became the cyborg Deathlok with his new mechanical leg, or when Quinn shot Skye twice in the stomach because he's a villain and that's what villains do. For a moment it looked as if the series was ratcheting up the tension by actually killing off a main character, but then it clicked that Skye was an 0-8-4 and maybe that meant she'd be okay. It only took about two seconds to realize how big of a mistake it would be to reveal anything that big about Skye so soon after dropping the bombshell of her own origin story in "Seeds." Choosing to have Coulson find her and Simmons put her in the hyperbaric chamber was a better, more emotional ending to the episode. 

It's nice to see that Skye is still dealing with the reveal of how she came to be in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s care as a child, but it absolutely would have been the wrong call to suddenly give her some sort of magic healing powers as an instantaneous do-over in the first episode after the reveal. This new development will hopefully lead to a more emotional, more personal team when the series returns in March, and for the first time, I'm really, really excited to see what's going to happen, because I honestly don't know. Handsome's reaction, in particular, is something I'm very interested in, because he's clearly very upset over what happened to Skye, and he's not blaming himself (though, I think he is just a little bit), but Coulson for letting her go in to the field at all. 

It's no secret Agent Handsome has been my least favorite character since the show premiered. He earned his nickname because of his flat personality and handsome face, but this week he started to feel like an actual person for the first time. The series tried to flesh him out by hinting at his backstory in "The Well," but there are other ways to develop characters other than simply giving them a backstory, and this week the writers did just that. From his confusion as to how the holotable worked to busting in the mansion with double guns blazing like he's a Chris Argent-wannabe, he finally seems to be gaining a personality. Even his relationship with May—which we all know I really disliked in the beginning—is helping to make him a more likable character (even if its mostly in reaction to how Coulson's taking the news and the fact Handsome can't refer to it as sex). Handsome certainly still has a long way to go before I'm sending him any Christmas cards, but the series is at least making an effort to round him out and make him less of a good-looking cardboard cutout with the emotional range of a teaspoon. As long as the series continues down this path of character development and serialized plot, I think this second half of the season is going to be great.

DECLASSIFIED CASE FILES

Simmons basically threw herself on a grenade for Fitz and Skye this week. Of course, it wasn't a real grenade—it was laced with the same dendrotoxin that was previously used to knock out Handsome and Coulson—but I'd say she definitely earned the title of Episode MVP for her over-the-top backstory and her selflessness and quick thinking to save Skye. Team Simmons.

– Handsome and Coulson's inability to work the holotable might actually be one of my favorite moments from the series to date. Taking characters out of their comfort zone and asking them to do something that seems easy but actually isn't tends to result in good humor.

– Stan Lee's cameo: What did you guys think? It was cool to see him, but maybe he should limit his speaking roles, yeah? 

– The series won't be back until March because no one wants to compete with the Olympics. As a strict Summer Olympics person, this really bums me out. Who even cares about the ice luge?

– "I used to watch a lot of American TV growing up. Some of it's quite good. Lots of nice teeth." 

– "You are the least supportive pretend girlfriend I've ever had!" 

What did you think of "T.R.A.C.K.S."? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/6/2016

Season 4 : Episode 8

246 Comments
Comments (246)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
What a humongous load of track!! Italian railways are bad, but never as bad as depicted in this nonsensical respect less episode of ignorance. Seriously??? Many millions Italians live in the States and this is the best you can research and offer?
Flag
Thank you for this episode, in Italy we laughed so much! Why in 2014 you cannot find some real italians to interpretate italians characters is a mystery... and by the way, "rotaia italia" doesn't exist...
Flag
It was probably my favorite episode so far, but I am still not sure about the 084 status of Skye. I thought it would be fun if she regenerates Doctor Who style.
Flag
I loved this episode!
The table thing was brilliant. And I loved that everyone got to shine quite a bit along the episode.
I'm letting myself hope that things will get better and that this episode is a sign that the show has finally found it's footing. :)
Flag
I have to agree, this was a great ep and gives me hope for the show again. Coulson and 'handsome' failing on how to use the holotable was hilarious. Shooting skye like that twice was overkill, but given how she caused the interuption of the 'graviton' ep, i guess this was his revenge on her. I have to like how badass May was in escaping the captors and knifing the bad guy/traitor like that. So overall lots to like about this episode.
Flag
oh and on stan's cameo, eh it was ok, but i think they could've used him in a better one. This just felt wasted, although i'm sure it was to get more viewers to tune in and see what he'd do. the spiderman movies were better and the captain america one as well.
Flag
Yep, best episode so far! Let's hope the rest of the season is as good or even better!
Flag
I can't wait for March. Imo this was the best episode of the series so far and, as you said, it raised the stakes in an amazing way. S.H.I.E.L.D. is becoming more and more personal, and it makes it better and better. I'm lovin' it.
Flag
I really liked this episode, it's the best one so far. The timeline jumping was pitch perfect, the scenes with May were kickass, and Douchebag shooting Skye took me completely off-guard! At first I thought they'd show Skye healing super fast, but I'm really glad they didn't go there.

It was totally realistic to have Ward and Coulson fumble with the holotable. But Ward needs to lose that chip on his shoulder, it's getting old. I'm hoping Coulson starts whittling it down soon, because it'll start interfering with the team dynamics soon.

FitzSimmons were great as always. And I wanted to cry when Mike asked to see his son, and then wasn't allowed to. I hope Skye gets a chance to tell the team about Mike soon. I want him freed from the Clairvoyant's control as soon as possible.
Flag
"Prostitutes? Plural?"
Flag
I like the MEMENTO copycat of this episode.
Flag
How has he done it? Watching the last few episodes over again last night, I realised that Mike Peterson might be my favourite character (along with Fitz). His appearances in the series have been minute compared to the main cast and yet I find him such a tragic character and J. August Richards to be doing an amazing job. I never much got behind Gunn in Angel, but as Mike, he seems to have done a lot with very little and I am finding myself rooting for him quite a bit. I hope he has a more recurring part in the last half of the season and the seasons beyond.
Flag
May and Skye ruled this episode...
I have to say that this was one of the best episodes till now.
For a moment i really thought that Skye was a goner....she got shot twice by that bastard!!
Loved the flashback idea of this episode that they kept going back and forth of what had happened with everybody...
Flag
Need to improve. Being somewhat flat for me. I want it to be so much better!
Flag
I loveeeeeee simmons, skye looked like a zombie and march? seriously??
Flag
Quinn come to the rowdy one (smiles like a shark)
Flag
s0b shot her then hugged her I want to kick his ass.Buddy that aint cool damn it !
Flag
I liked Stan Lee's cameo in this but none will beat his cameo in The Amazing Spider-Man
Flag
I'm happy to see 2014 brought good episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!
Flag
Loved it! These are the episodes I expect from a Joss-fronted show.

I tend to enjoy when shows/movies play with the timeline like that. It really forces me to pay attention to what is going on and I like seeing where everything intersects between the different tangents. This episode was no exception.

And it definitely raised the stakes quite a bit. Although I have no doubt that they'll save her (although it would be like Joss to build up a character just to kill them...), this has a lot of resonating effects in the immediate aftermath and potential long-term and that excites me.

And the humor! Simmons's back story for her and Coulson and Ward and Coulson trying to work the holographic table was excellent.
Flag
I'm just going to add some things that I didn't comment about yesterday and if I don't get them out of my mind I'm going to explode:

- Jemma: gosh, she reminds me of Hermione so much. They both are homework/study devotes and on the first episode Jemma made that comment about she's not like Hermione because she can paralyze people just like that. Well, you did it indeed! And now she got paralyzed just like Hermione got paralyzed by the basilik... they both were working in a mission with their team and got caught in the crossfire, gaining more time/clues for their team's benefit. God, I adore these girls (sorry about this, maybe I'm just a fantasy freak).

- Skye: well, I'm not a doctor or anything, but when somebody is bleeding out you're supposed to increase their temperature, not lower it, right? Because yes, the hiperbaric chamber was a great idea because it helped Skye's veins to decrease the amount of blood they were losing but with all that blood she had already lost, weren't Jemma supposed to increase her body temperature? Ok, now I'm a medicine freak xD

And another thing about Skye: when she got into the team, didn't Jemma give her a phisical/medical exam? I mean, she sure had to give one to every member of the team to know if their have a medical condition or at least to know their blood type just in case they needed a blood transfusion (for being shot, for instance, like Skye's case). Shouldn't have that blood test shown that Skye's blood wasn't human/normal in the case she had powers/were extraterrestrial?

- Fitz: what's wrong with you, man? I get has a cold character, he's a very formal person, but when I've just witnessed my best friend taking a shot of an unknown device (dendrotoxine grenade explosion, but Fitz didn't know it right then) for me I look a little worrier than that. I run to my best friend to see if him/her is ok, not stand away from him/her without knowing if he/she's still alive. Maybe it's just that all those encounters with death (or potential deadly devices) that they've had since they got into the BUS have made him tougher and colder in his actions (because he does care about others and he expresses it), but I don't know, I see him more robot-y than Ward, actually. At least right after this episode.

- Ward: talking about Ward, when he was in his second or third try to turn on the holotable I was expecting him to say "Wingardium leviosa" (it's leviosa, not leviosaaaa). Ok, I'm stopping right there, I promise xD
More+
Flag
Actually, it makes sense that they would lower her core temperature. It decreases the cellular metabolic rate, meaning the body has a decreased demand for oxygen. A plus seeing as Skye lost a lot of blood, and blood delivers oxygen to the body. A real life example would be open heart surgery where the patient's temp is deliberately lowered. It permits longer operating times. In Skye's case, it's buying her time until she gets treatment.
Flag
I'm sure lowering her temperature was a great idea, but it really confused me that they didn't even attempt to stop the bleeding or compress her wounds before sticking her in the chamber. Look, I get it if they're not up for open-heart-surgery (even though they literally weirdly sort of did one (on an Asgardian) a few episodes ago. And back then Simmons' reasoning for why she was having a hard time, was that she wasn't all in-the-know on the guy's anatomy. Skye's human (at least that's still the assumption, yes?) - of all the anatomies on the planet, Simmons should be sort of familiar with that one, right?) - I digress - what I was trying to say, was that I get it if they're not gonna play-act "trauma surgeon" on the spot - but wouldn't it make sense to at least put a bandage or something on her gaping gunshot wounds, before putting her in that chamber? I mean, weren't they putting her in there, to prevent further blood loss?
Flag
Both shots would've gone through her, which means they would've had to stop the bleeding from both sides with compression, something I doubt possible outside of a hospital, unless they could cauterize the wounds. I think the hyperbaric chamber was her best chance.
Flag
It also delays brain death by a large degree.
Flag
Yes, I now remember cryogenics ;)
Flag
This is easily one of my favourite episodes to date. Great emotion, so much amazing comedy (Simmons' doing her scene about her mother, Ward and Coulson both screwing around with the holo table) that had me in stitches, and the reveal of Deathlok. Cannot wait until the show returns.
Flag
I hate these writers. Jemma says too young for be her father?. Clark Gregg is 52 and Jemma is 27 years old godammit.
Flag
I thought she was sucking up to him by saying that...
Flag
Yes but how old is Coulson supposed to be? I would guess 40's
Flag
I'll give Clark Gregg this, he looks way younger than 52. I would have guessed early 40s.
Flag
Good episode but I was hoping Deathlok came from the future as in the comics.
Flag
The leg did come from the future ;)
Flag
Don't know if I'm the only one who noticed, but it's always fun when the series makes reference to the cinematic universe.. When Coulson says to Handsome that he could send him to Alaska as night watchman guarding Blonsky (Emile Blonsky, aka The Abomination) I just could not help myself to a smile :)
Flag
Well spotted. I really liked this reference. One of the better ones theyve done.
Flag
I was really wondering if it was name-dropping! haha thanks.
Flag
It was such a suspenceful episode, I loved it! And every character was fantastic and god I love this family already so much.
I'm gonna.. I'm.. I don't really know what to do when this show doesnt get a second season.
Flag
Quinn had orders to shoot Skye so I'm guessing the Clairvoyant knows about Skye and either wanted to trigger her powers or get rid of her for some reason. Either way it makes me even more curious about what/who she might be. Good episode.
Flag
So, let's see if I got it, because with all these hiatus plot's highlights got mixed up in my mind: the Clairvoyant is Quinn's and the Girl in the Flower Dress's boss and wants to kill Skye in order to prevent her to discover&use her powers, and Centipede (again with the Girl in the Flower Dress involved) created Mike's powers and now has turned him into Deathlok. So is Clairvoyant's organization only one thing that includes his/her premonitory skills, Centipede and eye-spies? Did I get it right?
Flag
I agree but I go for trying to get rid of her. Assuming that the Clairvoyant was also responsible for the Hunan massacre and the Clairvoyant may be from the future, Skye may very well be a future threat to the Clairvoyant's organization in the future. This leads me to believe that Skye may actually be the younger version of Abigail Brand, who would one day be the commander of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s extra-terrestrial counterpart, S.W.O.R.D. (Sentient World Observation and Response Department). In the comic books, Abigail Brand is a half-alien, half-human hybrid whose human DNA contained the X-gene making her also a mutant. Abigail Brand is a pyrokenetic whose powers manifest through her hand which could have been what the Chinese villagers witnessed making them think she was from the gods. The character was created by Josh Whedon for Marvel Comics and her trademark was her green hair. We just have to wait and see if Skye suddenly begins to sport green hair to confirm this suspicion.
Flag
Very interesting theory! Going to look her up and read more on her.
Flag
In the next episode trailer, one of the scenes shows the Agents raising a cylinder with tubes containing some kind of liquid. The cylinder was filled with some kind of gas but it was giving off a kind of green glow. This might be some kind of gamma irradiated substance given the color. Whatever this substance is, it may be a foreshadowing that it will or eventually cause Skye's hair to turn green. If that happens, then this will confirm that Skye is Abigail Brand.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
either that, or...

The Clairvoyant wants to know how they (the SHIELD) revived Coulson. If he knows that Skye is important, then this might be yet another way of finding out their secret. First shoot Skye, wait for The SHIELD to revive her, then target her.
Flag
The front page abbreviated this post's title to "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I....". I first thought this post was suggesting the next letter shouldn't be an E. ;-)
Flag
Team Simmons.. You go girl!
Flag
I just figured it out. With Sif coming in a future episode, it's obvious. Skye is LORELEI.
Flag
Good try! But it's already reported that Elena Satine will be portraying Lorelei in Episode 15 of Agents of Shield. I still think that Skye's real identity has to do with where she was found - China.
Flag
Skye is Fin Fang Foom!
Nailed it!
Flag
I support this. Skye could very well be the human form of the alien dragon given that fact that the Chinese revere the dragon and entire village gave their lives to protect her. Also there really only one other Marvel characters whose origins are in Hunan, China and that's Shang Chi.

There are rumours that she could be one of the Runaways or Jessica Drew - Spider-Woman. But she's too old to be one of the Runaways and Jessica Drew didn't manifest her abilities until she was older which Skye is implied to have done as an infant.

Assuming that it's isn't Fin Fang Foom, there is one other character which has links to both Shield and Josh Whedon although no Chinese connection. Another possibility for me is that she is a younger, pre-green haired Abigail Brand who would someday be the head of S.W.O.R.D., the extra-terrestrial counterpart of Shield. I wouldn't be surprised if this attempt to kill he doesn't trigger her powers or whatever her team does to save her doesn't turn her hair green.
Flag
I haven't gotten any inference that a power had manifested just that an entire village was willing to die to protect her. That could easily be to do with the circumstances of how they came across her rather than a manifestation of ability.
Flag
Definitely the best episode yet, and one of the only times I haven't come away feeling like I got less than I put into it. This may be terrible, but I loved seeing Skye get shot, because I knew how good it was for the show. And her relationship with Coulson has always been special, so it gave me good feels when Coulson found her. And three cheers for more Mike Peterson, now aka Deathlok! I can't believe I'm saying this, but March 4th can't come soon enough.
Flag
The action scenes were tense, fast and pretty well done this episode. I thought it was a noticeable step up from their previous fare.
Flag
One of my favorite episodes so far, You can really see the team dynamics starting to click. FitzSimmons are really the MVPs here, they have really shined over the last few eps. I don't mind May too much but I wish someone would have told her to play the character as cold rather angry. She's way too damn grouchy to be enjoyable.

When they first showed Mike after the explosion, I'd said "if he isn't Deathlok, I would be incredibly disappointed".. As an old Deathlok fan from way back it was pretty cool seeing that last scene.(And of course having it spoiled on the net)

I hope things keep improving, I've enjoyed the last few eps.
Flag
FitzSimmons ftw, as per usual.
Flag
Well, if somebody literally stabs me in the back and betrays my team I'd be pretty pissed too xD
Flag
Except for the fact that she's like that all the time, lol. She always has a misplaced growl on her face as if she's trying too hard to be tough. It's always bothered me from the first episode.
Flag
You think so? I do think she seems and acts cold and as you've said sometimes she makes that face but I also think that in the last few episodes (welll, maybe since Repairs, when she pulled a prank on Fitz) she's been loosing up a bit, don't you think? She's not only having sex with Ward, she's there for him, she also looked really concerned when she saw Coulson lying on the ground and then you could see her truly relieved when she learnt that he was alive, and then again she looked even worrier when they found out Skye bleeding herself out... I know the character of May is supposed to be cold and quiet, but she also has his human and heartfelt side.
Flag
You only had time for your work... and your prostitutes!
Flag
This line was as priceless as Coulson's face.
Flag
I have a feeling that Stan Lee may actually be the Clairvoyant. Unless they've specifically said that he was only appearing in one episode, that would be my guess.
Flag
Gosh, I hope not. If so, the Clairvoyant should have known ahead of time that he looked wooden and stale. His cameos should be like the ones Alfred Hitchcock did. A quick glimpse on the edge of the camera screen, and no words.
Flag
Maybe you should have a talk with him. Stan to Stan.
Flag
WOW what an episode!! It had a bit of everything and the stakes were definitely raised. I mean, I'm pretty sure they won't kill off Skye, but who can complain about the suspense they created?

I absolutely loved Ward and Coulson trying to figure out the holotable. Perfection. I also enjoyed that not only did we get another great pairing (Simmons and Coulson), but we had some characters who were able to shine on their own, too. Fitz's reaction to Skye's rambling on about their one-month anniversary trip was probably the most perfect look any guy forced along to celebrate a one month anniversary could ever have. Simmons is a complete gem, and I just love her character more and more with each episode.

Favorite quote of the episode was definitely, "You are the least supportive pretend girlfriend I've ever had."
Flag
You just know that Clairvoyant and Skye are somewhat related.... Mother, Father? (ALIAS clifhanger comes to mind)
Flag
Maybe Skye IS the Clairvoyant and there is some time-travel involved. lol
Flag
Ugh...I hope not. I want it to be more original than that.
Flag
Sorry Scandal already beat Agents of Shield to the punch on stealing that Alias storyline.
Flag
Noooo, I love Skye, hope she survives. Jemma was funny as usual. Ward had a good holo moment too, lol. Deathlok!!!!
Flag
The holotable bit was awesome! it was funny and real cause of course they wouldn't know how the thing works!
Yes I did thought for a bit that Skye had awesome healing powers but I was wrong and I'm glad cause it more dramatic and satisfying having her on the verge of dying.
Was Stan Lee a Hugh Hefner wannabe? or just some creepy dude that was blackmailing those women?
Is it my idea or the show is hinting that May has feelings for Coulson? or at least Handsome thinks so? ...
Flag
Stan as Hugh Hefner wannabe. They did that in Iron Man 1 didn't they. Is this Stan's first ongoing character cameo?
Flag
"Is it my idea or the show is hinting that May has feelings for Coulson? or at least Handsome thinks so?"

Yes and no. I think May is attracted to Coulson because they've been in the field and share more similar experiences than May and Ward do. I don't think it's a romantic attraction, but more that they're confidants. I think Handsome is jealous because he wants more than just sex from May (which, to me, is why he can't even say the word).
Flag
I think you're right. I think what is between May and Coulson is genuine friendship, rapport, camaraderie, affection, mutual respect and high regard for the other's abilities and professionalism. They are concerned with each other's welfare and the two of them actually talk. And those are two characters who doesn't really do that in general. When Coulson was stitching her up it looked like she let down some of her guard and was just herself - almost relaxed. Plus - she actually smiled. I think that's what Ward envies. He may have had sex with Agent Melinda May (repeatedly), but I doubt he's ever had a conversation with Melinda May the person. I think very few people has.
Maybe he wasn't even sure that part of her existed. Thinking that, might make swallowing the whole sex-only thing easier, when he obviously wants more. When someone doesn't care about you, it's gotta make it sting less, if you tell yourself the reason is that she doesn't care about anybody. But now he's seen that that's just not true. He' seen that she has that side to her - she just won't show it to him.
I may have found his jealousy astoundingly annoying, but at least it's not entirely without reason.
More +
Flag
That's kinda' how I saw that scene too,
Flag
I basically concur everything you just said haha, the episode was great and exciting and the break is bumming me out > <
Flag
Boring crap, I kept waiting for the real thing to start. I was hoping this would finally be Skye's last episode unfortunately it wasn't to be. And May's character is really annoying if they could dispense with the scowls and rudeness. I wish they had dwelt more on the science instead of the boring Shield people. The bad guys are way more interesting than Coulson,May and Skye.
Flag
Had I written this review there would have been a paragraph dedicated to the awesomeness that is May. She is so badass. I love her so so much more than anyone else on this show haha.
Plus, the fact that Coulson and Ward couldn't work the holotable was brilliant.
Flag
Seriously.

"Just what I needed" She said with a pained smirk, right after a grinding knife-stab to her shoulder...Before cutting herself down with it and kickign everyone ass in a matter of seconds.

I'm in love.
Flag
This episode was awesome. Maybe the best one so far and for sure one of my favourites.

I'm a huge fan of team work and also a huger fan of back-and-forward episodes, as long as they make it right, and AOS made it wonderfully. Everybody worring about everybody, putting the others's safety before theirs (Jemma quick-thoughts and so far she has sacrificed herself twice for their team) and, I'm not ashamed to say it, Ward's and May's (and Coulson may I say?) relationship. I don't/didn't see them as a couple, but I have to say that I can relate her current relationship: whether it's just sex (I'd say it's not) or there're some romantic feelings involved, it seems they have found in each other a person who rely on, and that's enough for me. I tolerate it (not a big fan of them together as a couple, tough). And I think we saw little hints of Coulson's jealousy towards Ward/May relationship, right? Or at least he puts some suspicious faces... and Ward did too, when he was watching Coulson cleaning May's wound :/ What do you think?

I almost cry when I saw Jemma crying over Skye. Elizabeth is such a great actress, I'm starting to really admire her.

And what to say about Ward and Coulson trying to handle correctly the holotable? Hahahahaha, I laugh SO HARD xDDDDD I love those tv series that mix humour with action and do it right, and AOS is for sure one of those (at least for me xD).
More+
Flag
I agree!! Simmons breaking down over Skye was super sweet and actually very heart-breaking.
Flag
Ladies and Gentleman.. Agents of Shields finally made a "great" episode. Feels more like a Whedon show (the Simmons/Coulson pairing was just hilarious and the Skye "falls" was Whedon-y torture at the best). Really love it.
Flag
I wish they'd do away with scenes like the double pistol assault.. that's been proven to be an unreliable way to shoot on tv and is pretty common knowledge...

Now I KNOW it's a comic book show so expecting reality is ridiculous, BUT, if they actually stick to as much reality as possible, I feel it'd lend some credibility to the things that ARE science fiction once people are subconsciously acknowledging that the show itself debunks ridiculous tropes. Seeing ward busting in going John Woo on a roomful of people had me rolling my eyes right off the bat. I'd rather them debut the Night-Night assault rifle or maybe toss in one of those Night-Night grenades they maybe could steal from one of the downed guards or one of the cars.

That being said, Holy CRAP was the rest of the episode great! the disjointed storytelling was a little jarring as I thought my copy was glitched.. but after I realized that it was okay, I was watching and enjoying the way they seemed to be correcting themselves according to TheKaitlins list!

it was only when they panned in showing the Deathlok COA on the new Deathlok life sized action figure did I finally realize... "Holy Crap Kaitlin Thomas is controlling their MINDS!!"
More+
Flag
:) Makes me happy.
Flag
As soon as Coulson mentioned that the team would be going undercover in Italy, and knowing Simmons' inability to remain subtle doing so, I half expected her to show up on the train with an overgrown moustache and eagerly yelling 'Ciao!' at everyone.
Flag
"...double guns blazing like he's a Chris Argent-wannabe"

seeing as how 'Agent Handsome' actually did hit all his targets vs. Chris Argent has never managed to land a single shot...shouldn't the comparison be the other way around?
Flag
Hahahaha, I love when my people (yes, you're my people, fandom) make cross-references to differents shows that I love xD
Flag
A really good episode although is dipped into a bloody climax so I am not quite sure if its going to delve into a more darker tone , considering its comic fan audience . But it is better for it I was waiting for skye to heal if thats one of her abilties 084 code. Trailer looks good for the next one but this is the second wait now (Xmas, Olympics) so it takes a while to keep up with the progression.
Flag
By far the best episode so far.
Flag
The double gun thing reminded me of Root on Person of Interst
Flag
Dorian continues to do the double gun thing on Almost Human. Dude's a robot so he ain't gonna miss.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members