We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABC

It looks like one of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s biggest mysteries will soon be solved.

Kyle MacLachlan has been tapped to guest-star on the ABC series as a very important parent—Skye's father—according to TVLine. It was apparently MacLachlan's character who Raina was addressing when she handed him a photograph at the end of Season 1 and announced that she had located his daughter.

What we know about Skye's parentage so far is that S.H.I.E.L.D. took her from her small Chinese village as a baby, after her parents butchered the residents of the village. It's unclear whether MacLachlan will play her birth father or her adoptive father, as she wound up at an orphanage.

MacLachlan will make his first appearance early in Season 2, according to TVLine. The actor's previous credits include Twin PeaksSex and the CityDesperate Housewives, and Portlandia.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. kicks off its sophomore season on Tuesday, September 23 at 9pm on ABC.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview: 
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/3/2016

Season 3 : Episode 19

Next Episode

AIRS ON 5/10/2016

Season 3 : Episode 20

19 Comments
Comments (19)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
LIked him on the short run "Made In Jersey".

Flag
Kyle MacLachlan's credits also include Believe where he played an interesting 'bad' character.
I enjoy SHIELD and look forward to seeing him added to the cast.
Flag
I love him as Skye's dad!

Best casting ever (so far)!!!
Flag
Oh, you conveniently neglected to mention his time spent on Believe, too soon???
Flag
I won't care who he is, or how it play out, just as long as he says, "that's a damn fine cup of coffee." It must be done.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I never watched Twin Peaks, I don't get the reference.
Flag
If you didn't get the reference how did you know it was anything to do with Twin Peaks?
Flag
I never watched Twin peaks and I also know that's a reference to that show. Isn't it like the only show Kyle MacLachlan is widely known for? I may be wrong...
Flag
Anyone taking bets?

im thinking he's "Black Bolt"
Flag
I'd rather have Kyle in a Marvel movie.
Flag
Damn fine coffee!
Flag
Always great to see Kyle, with or without his phallus in hand.
Flag
Kyle MacLachlin is everywhere these days, and has become sort of a whore. HIMYM, Believe, and many others. He is good, but he'll do anything for a buck.
Flag
I saw Blue Velvet, there wasn't a time in his career when he wasn't a whore.
Flag
Good to have you back, JT...
Flag
Thanks. Never gone, it's just the TV that got crappy.
Flag
\O/
Flag
Agent Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members