Tuesday 10:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 20, 2016)
5) They are actually Charming
Its easy to pass cute for Charming, just look at good-looking Prince Charming on Once Upon a Time. However, true charm is delightful, enchanting, captivating, the kind of feeling you get from Fitz-Simmons sharing a sandwich, talking about Hermione or grabbing a cold beer to celebrate the fact they didn't get themselves killed this week.

4) Prosciutto and Bufalo mozarella with a hint of homemade pesto aioli
First, lets all take a moment of silence for the poor sandwich that fell in the line of duty (you shall be avenged!). Now we're done with it, nothing describes Fitz-Simmons better than the dry cured ham served with a domestic type of cheese and a hint of a spicey homemade ingredient they chose as their hallmark parting gift.

3) They are geniuses, engaging, wide-eyed, enthusiast lab-bickering geniuses.
Its like watching mom and dad before they realized they were meant to be mom and dad; before they even noticed one another, long before experience, age or wisdom would blind me to how cool they are and how we could've actually hang out together should we have met back when they were younger.

2) They just wanted to see the world
The most pure, unadulterated, genuine motivation; they don't want to be heroes, they don't want to be famous, they don't even want to be ackowledged. They took a job that might never get published, a research that only leads to anonymity and took a leap outside the lab, together. Like only a geek that has never left the safety of its comfort zone would.

1) You've been stuck in the lab right beside me, you've been beside me the whole time
Only Fitz could take what it seems to be the ultimate slight and turn it into a desperate plea for Jemma not to leave him alone, only Jemma could turn a temperament that seems ready for anything and reveal she's not ready to let him go. Out of all the security blakets geeks have hold on over the years on TV - tech, art, jobs, computers, an eccentric hobby, etc. - a person, this person, their partner was the very last one I could've pictured them to hold on to.

There you have it, my Top 5 reasons to vote for the Most Charming Geek - or any other kind of character - of 2013. It's been a good year, an eventful one and here's hoping that 2014 would bring even more of these characters and storylines. See you next year!
40 Comments
Comments (40)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
This article should have at least included a few pictures of them. And let's not forget they're two characters, so the title should be "Charming Geeks".
Flag
Truly the most charming!
Flag
Either case: they won!

Ladies and gentlemen: Met Fitz-Simmons, The Most Charming Geek(s) of 2013!
Flag
Always Jess from New Girl.

But I suppose it depends on your definition of charming. Actively charming people? Yeah she is.
Flag

That is the most charming geek on television. 'Banshee''s Job. Better written, better actor, better show, always - without question - the most intelligent person in the room, ....... better clothes!

Hates cows.
Flag
Sheldon...........Sheldon.........Sheldon.
Flag
Sheldon and Charming are two things that don't mix. Don't get me wrong, I love him just the way he is, but I find it hard to believe that character other than Amy would feel the same way about him.
Flag
Yes, but you said 'charming geek'.

I think Parsons is adorable, I don't know any other television geeks (and I would give BBT a wide berth were it not for Parsons), and so I just took a shot in the dark.
Flag
Yes, agree, agree to all. Preach iti!
Flag
I will counter this entire article with two words: Felicity Smoak

*drops mic*
Flag
Felicity suffers from "cute does not equal charming" syndrome: she's a slow burn, the ultimate love interest for one Oliver Quinn (not his charming geek).

Fitz-Simmons , on the other hand, are the real McCoy.
Flag
Yes, I like Fitz and Simmons but Felicity is way more charming than them.
Flag
And these two words packs more punch than whole article XD
Flag
I'll look forward to your Top 5 Reasons post for her then.
Flag
First of all the word is GENIUS, with the plural being GENIUSES. Second, besides the fact that all the characters on "Agents of Shield" are written terribly, the show doesn't even have enough situations where their geekiness can shine. As far as they're concerned, science is just magic. I would vote for someone like Alec Sadler from "Continuum". He is a computer genius who rules over the future corpocracy and has a knack for Time-Travel. That's the kind of Geek I'm looking for in a television show.
Flag
i love fitz-simmons! they are the best thing for me in shield! so adorable.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members