Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Agents of SHIELD Forum Guidelines

Gislef

[1]Sep 26, 2013
    • level: 100
    To newcomers: welcome. We're trying to keep things simple, and really this is for everyone, not just newcomers. We just want to make sure we catch you when you arrive.

The forum is here for the discussion of the Agents of SHIELD TV series. Post stuff that's of interest to the community at large and can be discussed by everyone. If you have basic questions you might be best off PMing someone, or you might check an existing thread first. We've had a member or two volunteer to create a stable FAQ, but nothing yet.

We respect the intellectual property and rights of the cast and crew, as well as the studio and our fellow fans at other sites. As per Terms of Use, folks agree to post only their own content. Links presented for the basis of general discussion here on the forum are fine, per tv.com policy. Limited cut-n-paste of other information is permissible under fair use - wholesale stealing/copying is not.

-------------------------------------------------

Just a few simple forum rules to keep things running smooth in general and over the summer:

1 ) As far as I can tell from TV.com, this is a discussion board, for the Agents of SHIELD TV show. Games, polls, surveys, lists, photos, etc., don't involve discussion. Trivia is marginal. There's a Games Forum I'd recommend for anyone wanting to run games. Any games posted here will be deleted, so if you can't find your thread, check your posting history or look there. Also don't post advertisements for games. If they're that important, put them in your sig line (following other TV.com rules for signature lines).

2 ) The best way to assure discussion is to explain why you think what you think. "What's your favorite episode?" = not so good. "What's your favorite episode and why?" = good.

3 ) There are personal blogs and sig lines for personal stuff, including technical discussions of fan material and fan fiction - please use those. This includes advertising and feedback on your personal stuff, games, voting contests, etc. If you have forum or submission questions, PM me, don't post on the forum.

4 ) General rules about flaming, trolling, advertising, etc., apply. If someone violates these rules, report them and don't argue with or engage them or tell them "I'm reporting you." That'll just get you moderated for being off-topic too.

5 ) Again, forums are discussion boards. Responses like "Yeah" and "I agree" aren't really productive or involve discussions, and are often considered disruptive.

6 ) Try to avoid excessive quoting of previous posts, as it becomes disruptive. Folks can read the threads directly above you. Usually more quoting then your actual response can be distracting and disruptive. Qutoing three or more previous responses is rarely necessary or readable.

7 ) Official discussion threads on the forum are no longer necessary. Use the Episode Discussion Stream on the episode page.

8 ) No need to post a "Hi, I'm new" thread. Just jump right in and start posting.

9) Reviews go in the review section, for the episode or the show.

10 ) Finally, yes, during slow times when the show's only on in repeats, etc. That's not an excuse to get bored and try to find new off-topic stuff to post here.

Other then that, not much. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.