Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

How do you think Coulson comes back?

No1Slayerette

[1]Jun 8, 2013
    • level: 9

Obviously there's a lot of speculation as to how Clark Gregg's character Agent Coulson comes back to life since he was killed by Loki in The Avengers. I was just assuming that Nick Fury faked his death in order to inspire The Avengers to band together and, well, avenge him. Although as it as been said, Coulson does die on screen in the film so audiences may feel duped if this turns out to be the case (although for me personally it seems to be the only logical, even if it is a little boring, explanation).

Clark Gregg himself said about his return that: "When Joss described to me the mystery that takes place in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.and the complexity and the unanswered questions about Phil Coulson standing there trying to deal with this, I found it so fascinating and so true to the world of the comics and mythology in general as I understand them that I was immediately in."

Does anyone else have any theories on how the writers are planning to explain his resurrection?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lynna12000

[2]Jun 22, 2013
    • level: 21
    At a guess, the storyline will be that Fury lied. The Director only said that medical called it. You didn't actually HEAR them say it. More than likely, Coulson passed out due to bloodloss induced shock.

At a guess, I'd say the HOW of Coulsons' survival is going to be one of those background mysteries that isn't revealed right away. Which works for me.

daeonica

[3]Jul 23, 2013
    • level: 3

In other words, `When Joss Whedon stood in front of me and explained to me the complexity of the process by which multiple figures of money would make their way into my bank account, I saw dollar signs in front of my eyes and I was in.'

:-)

AndyRogan

[5]Sep 23, 2013
    • level: 3
    There was the scene with Coulson's cards covered in blood that had been in his locker, not actually on him that made me think his death was faked

JonathonWolf

[6]Sep 24, 2013
    • level: 10
    The episode suggests something going on with Coulson that he doesn't know about. Perhaps Coulson really did die, and this is actually a Life Model Decoy with all of Coulson's training and knowledge. Or he's no longer fully human anymore, and it was the only way to save his life.

fujin_mage

[7]Sep 25, 2013
    • level: 7
    i think its really Coulson, and I cant help but wonder if its some seriously dark asgardian mojo that brought him back to life..
    In norse mythology The asgardian Idun has magic golden apples who makes the eater immortal, and can bring the dead back to life Maybe Thor brought s.h.i.e.l.d a golden apple so they could bring Coulson back, and according to legend BAD SH*T happens if mortals eat them, so there's the reason NOT to tell him.....EVER!!!

RobertTole

[9]Oct 7, 2013
    • level: 2

Interesting replies here but i still think Coulsen was killed in the Avengers. Why show a weapon stab deep through his body and then the next thing tell us he survived and it was made to motivate the Avengers. That's too much. And it also treats us fans as idiots (atleast not taking us seriously) . So.... Coulsen died and went to Tahiti where it was a magical place according to him. They did say in the first episode "if he knows" so that means something did happen to him. My guess... he's a clone(which is more popular in DC comics btw) or a cyborg. That's my 2 cents.

GavinGibbons

[10]Oct 11, 2013
    • level: 29
    He's a Cyborg I reckon. programmed with the story of Tahiti (which he repeats word for word)

and someone says at the end of episode 3 "you're getting rusty" (actually talking about his talents/skills, but makes me think it was a play on words and he is a metal man) Stark could have made him because he felt guilty