Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABCIn Season

How well do YOU think "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will do?

How well will "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." do?

modernfamily120

[1]Jul 16, 2013
    • level: 20

How well do you think this show will do? There is a lot of talk and excitement about it, but that doesn't always mean success. Vote in the poll and/or tell what you think by replying to this post.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

modernfamily120

[2]Sep 1, 2013
    • level: 20

I think that this show will be HUGE. Like really huge. This is like the next Law & Order or NCIS except on ABC. So, obviously, I went with 7+ seasons.

houbou

[3]Sep 7, 2013
    • level: 11
    This show will hopefully be something which will make us forget Mutant X, Heroes, No Ordinary Family and Alphas. I think that they have a chance at something huge, lets just hope it balances the action with strong stories lead by credible characters,

lynna12000

[4]Sep 9, 2013
    • level: 21
    This show has a major advantage over Heroes, Alphas, Mutant X etc.; the majority of the audience will be familiar with SHIELD, and Agent Coulson. The trick will be getting the audience to like the new characters.

I have higher hopes for this show than I ever did for Heroes or Alphas (I still mourn its' passing) ABC also has experience with dealing with a non traditional shoe, i.e. Once Upon a Time. ABC gave it more of a chance than most networks. Something that has paid off in spades for the network.

I'm hoping that they take at least 7 years to explain HOW Coulson came back.

aaradun

[5]Sep 19, 2013
    • level: 3
    modernfamily120 wrote:

I think that this show will be HUGE. Like really huge. This is like the next Law & Order or NCIS except on ABC. So, obviously, I went with 7+ seasons.

It's like NCIS maybe, problem is it's going against NCIS which is not a good thing. They could have put this on another night and would have been huge. But that slot is pretty much suicide

lynna12000

[6]Sep 19, 2013
    aaradun wrote:
    modernfamily120 wrote:

It's like NCIS maybe, problem is it's going against NCIS which is not a good thing. They could have put this on another night and would have been huge. But that slot is pretty much suicide

That may have been the case 4 or 5 years ago. I have been a long time NCIS fan, but I'll be the first to admit that it isn't what it once was. Not even close. This has better than even odds of giving NCIS a serious run for its' money. And viewers. Disney has a LOT of experience targeting it's audience. And they do it oh, so VERY well. Thank goodness for dvrs!

AndyRogan

[7]Sep 23, 2013
    If they have sense, they will drop in the occasional guest spot from Thor, Iron Man, Hulk maybe even Spiderman or The Falcon

haldrey

[8]Sep 26, 2013
    • level: 22
    I will give it a try, it's my substitute to Alphas although the premier was a bit slow and lame.

MajLorne

[9]Sep 28, 2013
    The premier was ok. Nothing disappointing, but I think it could've been nice if they made it a 2hr premier/mini movie. I do like the humor and the action wasn't too bad. I'll stick around for the season and hope whedon stays on as Marvel's cartoon shows have taken a step backwards under loeb and his group. (avengers EMH>> assemble)

RobertTole

[10]Oct 7, 2013
    • level: 2

I don't know what some people are talking about but Heroes had a better start than this show. SHIELD premier was slow and had no big suspence as Heroes. I'm worried. If they don't pick it up soon they'll crash and burn. I seriously think they need to add some superhero cameo just to have any interest in the show.

Jniedererinsc

[11]Oct 19, 2013
    Plus this show (and ABC in general) targets a different audience than NCIS. NCIS may win in the overall # of viewers but that show, like most on CBS, tend to skew to older watchers. Advertisers care more about younger, and particularly young male viewers, so Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't have to win the time slot, just get the most advertiser-desirable viewers, and I think the show will do that with no trouble.

MajLorne

[12]Oct 21, 2013
    Last episode fits shield more being a sorta 'alias' type spy/action type. I know with Marvel, there's so many areas they can do, but I think the show is best when it is grounded on more 'believable' scenarios. They set up a decent storyline about what the formula/equation was supposed to be and who's behind the eye implants. The 'Graviton' ep was ok, but the part where the truck was lifted into the air at the start felt bland and shoddy and the reasonings by the scientist and the rich bad guy were lackluster.