Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Identity of the "Clairvoyant"

iscriptikus

[1]Jan 21, 2014
    • level: 1

Who is the Clairvoyant?

After pondering it very seriously, I have concluded that the Clairvoyant is most likely the being known as 'MODOK'

?Why this particular being?

-The clairvoyant 'knows' things- MODOK has psionic abilities

-Rena and Po discuss 'calculations'- MODOK has an exceptional ability to calculate accurate probabilities

-Someone with power and influence and in opposition to Shield.- The main enemies of Shield are HYDRA, AIM and Hammer industries.

-MODOK is a powerful psychic high up in the leadership of AIM (AIM being the science and research division of HYDRA, AIM the ideal source for Project Centipede scientists and resources)

-He is also extraordinarily intelligent, ruthless and power mad

Grabbed from Wikipediahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MODOK

"George Tarleton (MODOK) is subjected to a mutagenic process that grants himsuperhumanintelligence, including a computer-like memory, the ability to scour and retain large databanks of information very quickly and solve abstract mathematical problems nearly instantaneously. He also has the ability to calculate the mathematical probability of any given event occurring; an ability so strong that it borders onprecognition. However, his creativity remains at average human level. As MODOK, the character also haspsionicpowers enabling him to mentally control both individuals and large groups, and generateforce fieldsable to withstand minor nuclear explosions. Courtesy of AIM technology, MODOK wears a headband that enables him to focus his mental power into a devastating beam."

I genuinely appreciate any disagreements and suggestions of possible alternatives to the identify to the Clairvoyant.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanak1309

[2]Jan 23, 2014
    • level: 4
    You maybe right. But I have someone close to home in mind. The doctor who was brought in to treat Coulson after he died to bring him back to life and ready to get back on job.

iscriptikus

[3]Jan 23, 2014
    That seems too easy. Joss likes to work with his material and the Marvel universe is lovely and big. At any rate, any doctors associated with the life restoration process would know to some degree what was done to keep him alive. The clairvoyant makes it clear he does not know how it happened and that is why all his calculations are not working- Coulson was not meant to come back, his team was never meant to be created and get in the way of the clairvoyants various projects.
    It needs to be someone in significant opposition to Shield, so MODOK is the ideal candidate.

Rogue13

[4]Jan 30, 2014

I can definitely see MODOK as being the clairvoyant. But rather than using his original origin story, he's a sentient computer, maybe looking to be brought to life, which explains his interest in Coulson? My only other thought on who it can be (which would be a HUGE but awesome stretch) would be that its a early, early version of Ultron, creating the beginnings of a major plot point for the next avengers movie

zsandmann

[5]Feb 4, 2014
    • level: 5
    So what's the over/under on Stan Lee playing The Clairvoyant?

overkill321

[6]Mar 10, 2014
    • level: 4

i think it is a time traveler

ZekkJedi

[7]Mar 11, 2014
    • level: 8
    My money's still on the Mad Thinker (if you don't know he's basically like that guy in a Fringe ep who predicts everything by "seeing" all the probabilities and calculating what someone will do in his head)
    If they don't go with the more common version of Mad Thinker where he's actually an android (hence able to calculate probabilities to "predict" the future) they'll probably just make him an "084"/Metahuman/We-can't-say-mutant-cause-Fox'll-sue

ryanmck

[8]Mar 15, 2014
    • level: 9

I like the theories, but I came up with one myself, another supersmart Supervillain you can be in the MCU cause he was already seen (teased) in one of the movies.

The Leader a.k.a Samuel Sterns from The Incredible Hulk

ZekkJedi

[9]Apr 1, 2014
    ryanmck wrote:

I like the theories, but I came up with one myself, another supersmart Supervillain you can be in the MCU cause he was already seen (teased) in one of the movies.

The Leader a.k.a Samuel Sterns from The Incredible Hulk

Yeah, that is possible/likely MovieBob over on the Escapist made the same guess

BattlestarQ

[10]Apr 4, 2014
    Interesting thoughts and theorys but after viewing the last episode My suspicians are on Agent Victoria Hand as the clairvoyant.

ryanmck

[11]Apr 10, 2014
    • level: 9

Now I'm on the train that the Clairvoyant is Arnim Zola

Taperpaper

[12]Apr 28, 2014

It's John Garret!

Your welcome.

-Captain Obvious

antdude

[13]Apr 29, 2014
    • level: 27
    Taperpaper wrote:

It's John Garret!

Your welcome.

-Captain Obvious

His/Her welcome?