Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

What is up with Ward

SG1andAhalf

[1]Apr 17, 2014
    • level: 7

Is it possible that Ward is really part of HYDRA? I am having a real hard time with this.

Edited on 04/17/2014 7:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

msbritt1210

[2]Apr 22, 2014
    • level: 5
    YOU are not the only one compromised by this turn of events. In fact I think it put me in a state of depression. Can't wait for tonight's episode.

CLHatch

[3]Apr 28, 2014
    • level: 3

SG1andAhalf wrote:

Is it possible that Ward is really part of HYDRA? I am having a real hard time with this.

There's always the possibility that he's a double/double agent, infiltrating Hydra for Fury?

Or perhaps duped by Hydra, brainwashed into helping them somehow? False memories, perhaps?

Mangalore

[4]May 13, 2014
    CLHatch wrote:

SG1andAhalf wrote:

There's always the possibility that he's a double/double agent, infiltrating Hydra for Fury?

Or perhaps duped by Hydra, brainwashed into helping them somehow? False memories, perhaps?

A bit weak scenario by his behaviour and backstory.

Imho they probably bring him back to the good side but I cannot see it fitting compared to his behaviour and origin story. Maybe a bit torn but still inexcusable behaviour.

SG1andAhalf

[5]May 16, 2014
    It looks like to me they wrote Ward off the show completely.

lynna12000

[6]May 18, 2014
    • level: 21
    Ward followed Garrett out of a sense of obligation. He viewed Garrett as a friend/mentor/parental figure. This was the guy who got Grant out of prison; gave him a purpose. Garrett found the perfect tool: young, vulnerable, and malleable. John Garrett was, frankly, a wack-job. But he did look out for Ward (from Ward's point of view). Garrett used Hydra to save his own life, plus it was a fun way for Garret to spread chaos (imho).

Ward did become attached to his teammates; not just Skye. Which in many ways, makes what he did to them all the more horrific. The writers are not done with Ward; not by a long shot. May could have killed him. She just made him suffer. He's just being shipped off to prison. Grant's a talented guy, I can see a prison break in his not so distant future.

jimewbi

[7]Jun 3, 2014
    • level: 9

lynna12000 wrote:
    The writers are not done with Ward; not by a long shot. May could have killed him. She just made him suffer. He's just being shipped off to prison. Grant's a talented guy, I can see a prison break in his not so distant future.

I agree, I think Ward will return in a big way for events to come, but not in the way of a major player, yet enough to make a difference in the storyline.
    It's true that May could have killed him, but she would know that killing him wouldn't be a threat, the promise of a long life would be however (filled with some form of suffering). She did want revenge on him after all, for the major betrayal to herself and the team.

Ward will be seen again, but when is the real question.