Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Nothing Personal

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 29, 2014 on ABC

• Ward finally gets a character

Now that Shield is in shambles this series finally gets interesting. Ward used to be a bland and boring character, but he finally gets into his own playing the bad guy. It is probably not the right thing to think, but he is much better as a bad guy and I hope he gets to be in series two as a regular and as a bad guy with some redeeming features ( his love for Skye and his loyalty to Garrett ), as a complex character is always much more interesting than either a good or an evil character.

As someone who is new to the Shield universe I would have liked some more information about Hydra. All I know at the moment is that they are the bad guys and have infiltrated and brought down Shield. It would be great to have some flashback moments to fill in the blanks, esp in regard to Ward and Garrett. It would help to see what their motivations and goals are and why Ward thought it was a good idea to join them.

I loved the scene in the diner, with all the dialogue which on the surface meant something other than the hidden meaning we knew was in there. That is the kind of dialogue I am expecting from Joss Whedon and I want more of it.

Great coda at the end with Coulson finding out that he used to be charge of project Tahiti. Now we can wait with baited breath if Coulson and Skye will show any of the problems of the treatment that were mentioned. Still doesn't explain why Fury gave Coulson the treatment even though he knew that Coulson was against using it anymore on anyone.