Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 24, 2013 In Season

Gislef

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fan Reviews (124)

• This show is actually pretty damn good.

I've always been a fan of Joss Whedon (Jed + Maurissa too!) and I loved The Avengers, so Agents of SHIELD seemed right up my alley and it is. It's got the action, the family dynamic that Whedon is famous for in his shows, the bond between the characters are actually pretty strong right off the bat and only gain for traction as the show goes on, there's also classic themes like love, trust, and betrayal. The MCU Films are connected to the show, which actually furthers the "big picture" plot between movies and adds superheroes and villains like 'Deathlock' and 'Quake' and the occasional appearance by Nick Fury and Maria Hill. Season 2 is about to be on hiatus but so far so good.
  • I like this

I like this show and watch it on this site for free . Engoy!
  • I liked this show to start now I LOVE it!

This show started slow but the end of season1 and the start of season 2 have been wonderful and wow what a great mid season finale. I've loved the slow reveal of who Skye is and of her character development. The season finale answered many of the questions and left us with an entirely new set of questions for the remaining episodes of season 2. I can't wait until March. anyone with a time machine? I would pay dearly for for just a jump of just a few months forward.
  • Wheadon's Back. And We Have Missed him.

I just rewatched "The Things We Bury", an episode dense enough for one to miss some of the details. On second viewing I was struck by how brilliant some of the dialogue was. Skye's suitors -- Daddy doctor and the lovesick psychopath, Grant Ward -- had the juiciest parts. Indeed, the Ward character becomes ever more fascinating with each episode, a dramatic change from the James Bland character of good guy Ward in season one. And Kyle McLachlan's yet to be named character is as complex a villian (?) as you'd ever want to love or hate.

But almost every character had chance to shine in this one. Adrianne Palicki's Bobbi Morse had a chance to strut her skills in the interrogation room, but it was the tiny bits of dialogue between her and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood ... the actor's name is even cooler than the character's) that really made me smile.

Bobbi; You think I would do that? I can't argue a man to suicide!

Lance: Clearly you haven't been in an argument with yourself, then. You had him right where you wanted him ...

Bobbi: What is it you want to know, huh ... I'll tell you.

Lance; It doesn't matter what I ask. I can't trust the answer.

Bobbi: Write that sentence down. Hand it to your therapist!

And you could almost feel a collective cheer from the viewership as Iain De Caestecker's beloved character of Fitz begins to recover from the brain injury.

Fitz: I've got it down to 7 minutes, 20 seconds.

Coulson: (Dramatically) That's not good enough.

Fitz: (Flippantly) No, that's with my bad hand. With both I can do it ... definitely.

The characters of Tripp and Mack were somewhat in the shadows in this episode, but both showed slightly uncharacteristic behaviour -- Tripp's almost fawning admiration of Coulson and Mack's whining about Coulson's instability -- that hint at some future breech or betrayal. But whom? Tripp's character is the more prickly of the two, but Mack's almost heroic support of Fitz gives us pause to wonder whether he might not be too good to be true. Simmons clearly has an issue with him, although that's easy enough to explain away as resentment over his replacing her as Fitz's anchor throughout the trauma of recovery.

The internal dynamics of this "team" of heroes/losers really is fascinating and far more subtle than one has come to expect from science fiction. Indeed, one has difficulty figuring out which team each character is truly playing for. It's not about the sort of simple lies and betrayals that drive high-class soaps like "Game of Thrones" or "Homeland". It's about the complexity of human morality and the subtleties of human frailty.

The improvement of the second season, over the initial episodes of the first, is just short of miraculous. Each and every new characters adds depth to a story that just keeps getting deeper.

I have niggling resentments over the emotional manipulations that the writers so skilfully play. Like most "fans" I was gob-stopped to see certain characters arrive and then quickly desist, like the Lucy Lawless and Chloris Lachman characters but, hey, they brought Patton Oswalt and Cobie Smulders back. Anything is possible in a Marvel universe.

Creator Joss Wheadon's reputation for blending humour, sci-fi, and drama with such ease, won't be hurt by Agents Of even if it doesn't have the run of Buffy or Angel. It has the same aura of basic humanity that permeate everything he has done. Firefly fans won't be disappointed. It may not have quite the same epic appeal as that woefully mistreated classic, but it is the same class .. as in First.

• It's Marvelous

I see a few people whining but i also see that most of us find it great!
  • MARVELous Agents of SHIELD

Season 2 is definitely THE season!!!! It has matured, its storytelling has advanced, the plot is better than ever! I honestly hope it continues like that!
  • Good Episode

I loved this episode because it gave us a break from all the serious things and I found that it was very funny but also showed us that there is still some serious things to come. LOVED IT!!!!! :D
  • Good start

I feel that Season 2 has come back with a good start, but feel that to much attention is being put on the over all season story.

• Free show Ideas

I really like this show, so I'm willing to give them a few really good ideas to revive the show for free.

*SPOILER ALERT* if you haven't watched the latest episode.

I know that right now, the show is laying out some ground work to set up for the "big plot"(I think it's supposed to be when Skye meets her father), but they have to do more to keep viewers interested.

Here are some subplot ideas to keep things interesting:

-Ward Escapes from the BUS and becomes another threat to SHIELD.

-Flowers (Reyna) dies as per one of the prophecies (she is killed by protecting Skye, or is used as a plot device to lead to Skye's

-Simmons is hypnotized by Hydra and is placed back into SHIELD.

-Fitz's brain starts working properly again after being captured by Hydra (they use a prototype of the caterpillar project serum on So, now he feels a part of Hydra's team instead of SHIELD.

-Skye makes contact with her father unknowingly (like in a cafe or a mission) or her father starts to do his own dirty work, and the real shadowed "villain" that Reyna is talking to isn't Skye's father (only a stand

-Coulson becomes suspicious of an unidentifiable enemy, only to find out that it's him carrying out the prophecy he has carved out unknowingly.

-Peterson reappears, but it is unclear who he is working with or what his motives are.

I still have hope for this series, but they just have to move the plot faster. Action/Thriller plots usually move faster than dramas to propel the action sequences, so Marvel's Agents of Shield has to stop dragging their sub-plots, and give the viewers a littler more clarity and resolutions subplot-wise. Not every episode should be a cliff-hanger. Good luck SHIELD Agents, I'm rooting for you!
  • Strike the "tender" moments and earn another star.

The producers should know better than to waste viewer time with pregnant moments of tenderness between the cast. Nobody cares! This show works best as an action thriller, not a soapy dystopian dirge wanna-be. If Coulson loses it, fine. I don't really care. If Fitz stutters one more time I'm throwing a toaster at the computer. That Ward is locked up somewhere below deck is irrelevant to me. The only thing holding this show together is May and her fighting sequences. In fact, nothing in this show works but the action sequences, which is why they should continue scripting them no matter what the hell it costs. If not, the show's over. Early on in the series, I had much better things to say. You're off course. Fix it.
  • Agents of Shield is so disappointing

I can't even wrap my head around how this tv show does not make any sense with what is going on in the Cinematic universe. First of all, Agents of Shield's team .. is a joke, the handful of people they have on the team doesn't even look like they can be on the field. The theme behind this show is terrible, one second they are trying to be serious and another second they are joking, within the same scene. The writers on this show is terrible, they should have cancelled this last season, cause I only think it is getting worse. Not only does this agent of shield tv show feel so different from everything else. They just have their hands tied down from the movies that come out in Theater.

So disappointed with the show.

• Longmire Cancelled - R U Kidding Me !!!!!!!

This is the 2nd time this network has cancelled a show on my family with a cliff hanger. We invest out time in your shows, the time thats needed to like a show and when we do you cancel it. Longmire was a good family show with great actors and great story lines. They say it doesn't suit the viewing audience of 19 to 49 years. Well excuse me but there are many many people out there that are 50 to 75 that it does suit. All the reality shows out there watching how stupid someone can be in their everyday life is such bad TV most people live it every day who wants to watch it on TV. If Longmire doesn't come back I will be so done with A & E TV.

Stop cancelling all the good shows, keep Longmire.

Debbie Olson

• Truly Disapointed fan :-(

Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD is boring and the drama is way to much, I am a fan of Avengers and Many other Superhero shows and have watched about every cartoon/movie that has been on television/big screen that has Superhero themes, but with this show i find myself quickly slipping into boredom, with other shows like True Blood/Game Of Thrones how can something that is made be like this?

Superheroes are what we want from the get go and not petty drama, These producers could take a lesson or two from shows like The Matrix OR Even the show Night Rider from the 80's that grip you from the very intro when the show starts (I was just giving an example even reflecting back to the 80's that gives an example of were the show even at the beginning intro fails MASSIVELY!)

Lets keep it real people and tell it like it is, This show should be tossed on scrap heap as no real effort has been put into the show from the get go, Poorly done and badly created for what should be Brilliant and a roller coaster of awesomeness and yet it is opposite,to the scrap heap i say :-(

Oh and before someone says: Oh come on its new so give it a break! My answer to that is: No way in hell due to the number 1 fact im sick and tired of Hollywood etc just using a name to cash in on us fans :-(

Here is how (Just giving 1 example of a great start it could have been for the first episode)

Example: A plane tumbling from the air on fire and as the camera rolls in closer you see a figure that looks mysterious (You cant tell if he/she is good or evil) Being ontop of the plane but at the back of its tail standing easily with arms crossed and with a blue glowing fire that resonates around this character as if its either a protection field or just this characters pure awesome energy being dispersed from within this character (Think of a Super Saiyen lol) and then it zooms out and keeps zooming out until it traces back to were you actually see watching this on one of their highly sophisticated monitors and Then the Head agent says: This is bad very very bad (Of course not giving away any other info besides that) And then the Intro starts and you see awesome stuff like you would expect from say XMEN (Remember the intro of say the 80's?) Just something heaps cool that makes you not want to change the channel.

Its not hard but why is it that something that is ment to be awesome gets once again put on the cash cow by Hollywood to bleed the awesome name of what stands to be awesome called

I tell you why: They dont care about us fans they only want to cash in on a name that can make money and that's why and once again we see it as it is and not what it should be :-(
  • EXCELSIOR!

Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD is unlike any adventure series ever show on TV. The group consists of Phil Coulson, the agent in charge. As well as Agents May, Skye, Fitz & Simmons who are the main force in SHIELD, a top secret organization dedicated to stopping super criminals & the secret organization HYDRA.

The show has now taken a dark turn in its second season, but the Agents Of SHIELD still carry on their mission to protect the world.

This for me happens to be the best show ABC has put out in a long time & with the backing of Marvel, this show is a surefire hit!
  • Lame and Tame - but entertaining

Stretches and tries the limits of human tolerance and intelligence, but at least the show moves pretty quickly. If you don't mind seeing an Millennial interpretation of Melodrama, this can be an entertaining watch. If you start taking this one too seriously, you ARE IN TROUBLE and should seek professional advice. All in all, a fun week night show for those that are not really paying attention.
  • After showing me the money, you need to walk the walk, agents!

Ok, after the whole season where I had been told over and over how Skye is a genius hacker, Ward is a super soldier, May is a mysterious killer and Coulson is a powerful boss with a heavy burden in his past (of being dead and reprogrammed). And they heroically face a terrible, terrible enemies.

You told me that many times, but you never made me to believe it. Not a bit.

You just cannot cast someone who would be great in a light suburban sitcom and make me believe she is the worlds best hacker out there. Or a pretty boy with lawyer face being a super soldier that kicks butts. May doesn't use facial expressions and barely talk and that should make me believe her being a mysterious killer? Coulson even shouts nicely. This is a rich Sunday morning kids show material.

If I was the show runner I would let all main cast have some "accident" and then solve the badly needed recast by making the comic relief Fitz and Simmons clone a brand new crew. We won't even notice.
  • decent, but could be better

First thing I wanna say, and I found similar opinions in other reviews: if you start watching and find the show boring, just hang on for the second half of Season 1 - it's much better than the beginning. The first half of the season is indeed quite lame, but I guess you have to watch it as well, just to get a hang of all things happening.

All in all, this show has some potential, the filming is good, the picture quality, special effects and so on, the story goes on to be good after a while, as I already mentioned. But there are also a few negative points, that I'd like to mention.

1. I'm not sure for which age-group this series is supposed to be. As far as I understand, most of the people who are Marvel fans are over 25-30 years of age by now, seeing that the kids nowadays have other interests. But this show seems to try to serve all kinds of viewers, starting from age 5 or so. Obviously mixing lots of kids thematics into a show for adults antagonizes viewers with an IQ of 50+ and age of 15+.

2. The show is trying to have some humor in it, but most of the things and phrases, that are supposed to be funny, are just stupid. I don't know about other people, but when I want to see something funny, I have lots of better options, than watching Marvel films.

3. Character development is not bad, they really try to work this out. Unfortunately the characters themselves are very cliche and lack depth. I can't say the acting is bad, but still, you don't grow to like (or dislike) the characters, they just don't trigger the kind of emotional response, they're supposed to. Really not sure why, I think it's because of those cliches. You just already know how everyone is going to act, before they do it. Even if the act itself cannot be foreseen, the process of acting is just as you'd imagine.

4. Most importantly: why do most people watch Marvel stuff? Cuz of the superheroes and villains. And that is where the show fails completely. The "super" aspect covers maybe about 10% of the show, and that's me being generous. In fact, it's not more different, than, let's say, Warehouse 13. It's a group of people, who aren't "super" at all. They're not losers, and maybe they could take down some of the "bad" guys, but in the end, this group of normal people takes care of all villains it encounters, no matter how smart, powerful, wealthy they are, and no matter what superpowers they possess. And they do it without even taking a scratch. Which of course poses the question: if a group of more-or-less mediocre human agents can easily take down all enemies without suffering any losses, why have superheroes at all? Why do you need Captain America, Ironman and others, if agent Coulsen can just take care of all "bad" things. This story just doesn't fit.

As said before, altogether this show is decent, and I just mentioned some of it's negative aspects. It's definitely worth watching, if you like the Marvel theme and some free time on your hands. But it's not overwhelmingly great, and there's lots of room for improvement for future seasons. Lose the cliches, lose the childish bullshit, work on the characters, add some superheroes and they'd actually have the chance to turn this into something great.
  • 10 for this? Too little!

I haven't seen such action-packed, misterious, unpredictable and awesome show alltogether in quite a while! Sure it had its ups and downs, in my opinion though more ups, less downs, but even so, man the mistery...

Especially in TRACKS, if you want to fall in love with this show, you absolutely 100 % have to see this episode. Of course the whole HYDRA plot had its role as well.

Anyway, 1000 out of 10 and can't wait for season 2! Go on, Agents!
  • Fun at times, but average overall.

I was drawn to this series (like most people) from the very fun movies of the MCU and the involvement of Joss Whedon. My expectations weren't very high, but I wanted to give this show a real chance, a full season-test. And it failed. Until the breaking reveal that HYDRA had infiltrated SHIELD, the series had produced mostly boring procedural-like episodes (with a few exceptions like "FZZT"). From that point on, the episodes were more dense, focused and the series really found a rhythm. Despite that, it didn't really change my opinion on it. Also, the connection of the show with the movies should be one that lets the series be the best it can be and not one that stalls its plot. The writing was hardly exceptional, with the attempts on humor being rather weak (with the exception of the pilot and the finale, which makes me think that Whedon has something to do with that) and the characters of Skye, Ward (even after the turn) and May feeling rather flat and uninteresting. Coulson (a character of the movies) and FitzSimmons saved the day, being the most interesting, likeable characters of the series. The two mysteries that are left unanswered (the resurrection of Coulson and the origin of Skye) don't excite me enough to watch another season, although I 'll still probably try to keep in touch with the basic plot points of the show for the upcoming MCU movies. Bill Paxton's overacting on his villain character was a bit fun, but ludicrous.
  • good show

Got better
  • Do enjoy it, wished I understood what was going on certain ep more (well, time to catch up), Skye's my fave

10-15 ep (13-14)
  • Hate it first then totally in love with it.

I am big fan of Marvel's movies, watched all the Avengers, Thor, Captain America etc, when I started watching the first few episode with my bf, I felt very boring and not interested at all then I stopped watching it while my bf still continue watching. Sometime I still caught glimpse on few scenes on like Lady Sif of Asgard came to earth and they found on of the weather of Asgard when my bf watching them then I get interested again. So decided to give it a go, started watching it again from episode one and I can't wait for the next season...
  • Fashion of Agents of Shield

We have added the fashion of Agents of . to TvFashionGuide

Hope you enjoy. XOXO

• awsome

Been so good lately and has me thinking allot!
  • Agents of . not have happened

and here's me thinking that Terra Bill was the most hyped but worst show ever made...

this show should be filed under, oops, we really didn't mean to insult you like that, unfortunately the movies set the bar so high, no 40 minute tv series was ever gonna be able to compete.

I'm a huge Coulson fan, HUGE, like HULK HUGE, but in my version of the Marvel universe, he died, and didn't come back and disgrace himself in this crap.

now if you'll excuse me I need to find one of those flashy light things they used in men in black...
  • what a turn..

Don't get me wrong I thought the show was interesting.. but It started to get a little dry.. then BAM out of no where the episodes have been getting better and better.

In fact they are as good or better then most shows season finales.
  • I do hope that I can see agent Garrett and Ward die soon!

After cheating, betraying, and killing so many friends, I don't think there should be chances for them to clean their hands and redeem their honor. Ward is only loyal to Garret because he saves him from the prison. The lure is big, and there's a bond (like family?) between them. I hope that they'll die together, and Shield could revenge on Cybertek and Hydra! (I'm a non-native speaker, and I'm sorry for mispelling anyway). Neither May nor Skye should have any kind of attachment or affection on Jerk Ward! He's just enjoying playing to be God!
  • awesome!

It's really interesting and it can be kind of funny, romantic and action filled at the time so its really good.
  • It has become Interesting after episode 20!

Series has now taken a positive turn. But I hope that Agent's Maria Hill becomes a regular cast
  • Great!

I really had to work myself through the first couple of episodes. It became better around episode 10! I am curious what is going to happen with Ward and Skye!
< 1 2 3 4 5