Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tuesday 9:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 24, 2013 Returning September 23, 2014

Gislef

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fan Reviews (106)

7.9
  • Fun at times, but average overall.

I was drawn to this series (like most people) from the very fun movies of the MCU and the involvement of Joss Whedon. My expectations weren't very high, but I wanted to give this show a real chance, a full season-test. And it failed. Until the breaking reveal that HYDRA had infiltrated SHIELD, the series had produced mostly boring procedural-like episodes (with a few exceptions like "FZZT"). From that point on, the episodes were more dense, focused and the series really found a rhythm. Despite that, it didn't really change my opinion on it. Also, the connection of the show with the movies should be one that lets the series be the best it can be and not one that stalls its plot. The writing was hardly exceptional, with the attempts on humor being rather weak (with the exception of the pilot and the finale, which makes me think that Whedon has something to do with that) and the characters of Skye, Ward (even after the turn) and May feeling rather flat and uninteresting. Coulson (a character of the movies) and FitzSimmons saved the day, being the most interesting, likeable characters of the series. The two mysteries that are left unanswered (the resurrection of Coulson and the origin of Skye) don't excite me enough to watch another season, although I 'll still probably try to keep in touch with the basic plot points of the show for the upcoming MCU movies. Bill Paxton's overacting on his villain character was a bit fun, but ludicrous.
  • good show

Got better
  • Do enjoy it, wished I understood what was going on certain ep more (well, time to catch up), Skye's my fave

10-15 ep (13-14)
  • Hate it first then totally in love with it.

I am big fan of Marvel's movies, watched all the Avengers, Thor, Captain America etc, when I started watching the first few episode with my bf, I felt very boring and not interested at all then I stopped watching it while my bf still continue watching. Sometime I still caught glimpse on few scenes on like Lady Sif of Asgard came to earth and they found on of the weather of Asgard when my bf watching them then I get interested again. So decided to give it a go, started watching it again from episode one and I can't wait for the next season...
  • Fashion of Agents of Shield

We have added the fashion of Agents of . to TvFashionGuide

Hope you enjoy. XOXO

• awsome

Been so good lately and has me thinking allot!
  • Agents of . not have happened

and here's me thinking that Terra Bill was the most hyped but worst show ever made...

this show should be filed under, oops, we really didn't mean to insult you like that, unfortunately the movies set the bar so high, no 40 minute tv series was ever gonna be able to compete.

I'm a huge Coulson fan, HUGE, like HULK HUGE, but in my version of the Marvel universe, he died, and didn't come back and disgrace himself in this crap.

now if you'll excuse me I need to find one of those flashy light things they used in men in black...
  • what a turn..

Don't get me wrong I thought the show was interesting.. but It started to get a little dry.. then BAM out of no where the episodes have been getting better and better.

In fact they are as good or better then most shows season finales.
  • I do hope that I can see agent Garrett and Ward die soon!

After cheating, betraying, and killing so many friends, I don't think there should be chances for them to clean their hands and redeem their honor. Ward is only loyal to Garret because he saves him from the prison. The lure is big, and there's a bond (like family?) between them. I hope that they'll die together, and Shield could revenge on Cybertek and Hydra! (I'm a non-native speaker, and I'm sorry for mispelling anyway). Neither May nor Skye should have any kind of attachment or affection on Jerk Ward! He's just enjoying playing to be God!
  • awesome!

It's really interesting and it can be kind of funny, romantic and action filled at the time so its really good.
  • It has become Interesting after episode 20!

Series has now taken a positive turn. But I hope that Agent's Maria Hill becomes a regular cast
  • Great!

I really had to work myself through the first couple of episodes. It became better around episode 10! I am curious what is going to happen with Ward and Skye!
  • Love it!

Pretty much turned me into a comic book fanboy.
  • Agents of SHIELD... Marvel's???

Don't get me wrong. I like the show, it's one of the few good shows of this season. But the way I see it lacks more Marvel, it needs more Marvel elements. It just doesn't feel like Marvel.
  • Nick Fury For President.

Marvel's Agents of Shield is a promising TV series. The cast is awesome along with its guest stars. There is a significant improvement as the episodes go on and there will be furthermore because it's Marvel. This also is something completely new for the Marvel Universe and it has to do with humans, who are running across the globe to fight the abnormal. So there will be some slacking points where there will be no action but more of discussion, solving mysteries and uncovering secrets. I am a big fan of Marvel Universe and I could write a lot about the series but i am convinced that the series will deliver a great show at the end and everyone will be happy about it!
  • Looks like someone got out the spice weasel, Bam...

Thought this show was OK when it first started, definitely something to watch. Then it started getting better. But it has now turned a huge corner with the whole Hydra story. I personally think it's great that they don't get involved with all the Avengers, as Coulson and his crew are great. But it would be a great touch if the Captain turns up for a bit part here and there.

Can't wait for the next couple of episodes. This show must best continue after season one.
  • I love this show! My wife hates this show!

Thank goodness for DVRs. I like the cool technology and each character is well formed and the actors/actresses are great! In my senior years, I don't remember much about MARVEL this is cool.
  • From 'really nice', to 'amazing'

I went into this series without any expectations. I saw most of the Marvel Studio movies, and one trailer of AOS. I didn't know of this series until a couple of weeks ago. So I did not expect to see Marvel-superheroes every episode. I expected a series with actual humans, who would deal with superpowered humans, with alien stuff and other 'weird' stuff. When I saw the first episode, I did not know yet if I were gonna like it. What if they were just gonna save a newbie superpowered guy - like Mike - every episode? That would be really boring.

But no, every episode after the pilot turned out to be a new story, stories I did not expect to see. I couldn't see yet what the leading subject of the season would be, until, gradually, you saw Coulson starting to struggle with his recent events, and Skye also turned out to have quite some things to deal with.

So, after a couple of really nice and funny, but directionless, episodes, it really started to become interesting. What really happened to Coulson? What's up with Skye being an 0-8-4? And this 'team' (which previously wasn't really a team, as they said themselves multiple times over the first few episodes) finally started to get real close, especially Coulson and Skye (and Fitz and Simmons, obviously), and really FEEL like a team.

Some of the characters could use some more 'deepening', but I really like the feeling of getting to know them really slowly. Some series just jump into the background of all characters, but AOS doesn't. Sometimes that means that a characters like Ward can come off as a little boring, but in real life you don't get to know everyone around you and all of their secrect just like that, so I like that they didn't throw all of their characters backgrounds at us in just the first few episodes. I'm still excited to see how some of them will turn out in maybe a season or two.

I'm really looking forward to the last couple of episodes of this season, and then, hopefully, they will announce a second season, because - in my eyes - this really has a lot of potential. :)

April 3rd: and it's getting better and better and better... I'm even considering changer my 8,5 into a 9. At least. :)
  • watch

Marvel's Agents of Shield is far from perfect. Many fans criticized the show for not being "Marvel" enough, however the show is slowly taking viewer's advice. With Mike Peters becoming Deathlok; Agent Maria Hill, Nick Fury, and Lady Sif making appearances; Donnie Gill from episode 12 becoming a version of Blizzard; Bill Paxton becoming Agent John Garrett; the strange blue alien at the end of episode 14; and future tie-ins with Marvel movies (like Captain America: The Winter Soldier) the show is genuinely trying to improve. With each passing week, Agents of SHIELD is becoming a more fully developed show; after many episodes it has finally managed to redeem itself. The show's characters are generic, to say the least, but they have been changing for the better. I get that fans want to have more Marvel superheroes and stuff in the episodes, and I agree with that, but it's a bit too much to ask for people like Robert Downey Jr and Scarlet Johansson to appear on the show. Another initial problem with SHIELD was that it had "case of the week"-like episodes. There was no overall story arc (a problem Fox's Almost Human faced). Now though, there is Centipede and the Clairvoyant.

I liked the references to the Marvel Phase One group of movies with plot elements like Extremis. While I had my doubts when I watched the first episode, I think this show is good now and I now highly recommend it. I think it's better than The Avengers and the show has potential. I like the plot twists in the episodes and the premises. I think they should merge the Marvel One-Shot "Item 47" with this; that would be cool.

I personally always liked the show, despite all its faults. I think a big problem was that some people had really high expectations for this show, and those high expectations weren't met. I get that, because I had high expectations for The Avengers and Iron Man 3, and I was disappointed when they weren't met. High expectations can ruin otherwise great films/TV shows, so I recommend that if you don't alreadydon't expect too much from this show. If you liked this review, read my other reviews on a wide variety of movies and TV shows by clicking on my name and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts and I'd really appreciate it.

• I really wanted to like this

Unfortunately this is one of the most empty shows on TV right now. I couldn't even finish the first episode and that is rare for me as I usually just wait it out. I think the point at which I couldn't take it any more was during the truth serum scene. Please watch episode 4 of Hannibal season 2 for some reference as to what this scene could look like had the show some depth.

I find the characters really shallow too.. Anyways, back to waiting for the next episode of Hannibal!
  • I wanted to like it

I want to start this off by saying yes, I'm a huge fan of the movies. I love what Marvel has done with the world and the story-building and tying it all together.

I just wish some of that was evident in this show.

I came into Agents of SHIELD hoping for exactly what I was promised - no superheros, just ordinary humans dealing with the aftermath of the emergence of powered peoples. I thought it would be fun to see Coulson, the Suit, going around just dealing with high-powered dumbasses who think its fine to fly around causing havoc for the fun of it. I thought a small team of interesting, layered characters would be good for him to bounce that sort of dry, blase character off against.

What we got however, was five cardboard cutouts and one manic-quirky-nightmare stuck on a plane together, occasionally vomiting long sessions of expositions at each other, while they seem to stumble into the solution to their issues by sheer dumb luck.

They couldn't even be bothered to come up with more then three templates for their characters - Ward, May and Coulson all fall into the 'Hard, "Witty" Secret Agent' while Fitz and Simmons both slot into 'Proper, accented and slightly quirky scientist' type, and then you have Skye being the 'Obnoxious Free Spirit'. Add to that the unnatural, stilted dialogue and you've got something that looks more like a school trying to put on an unlicensed theater version of some Marvel Back-issue.

(I should point out, that despite Greggs unkind words towards the fans, I am not placing any blame on the actors here. They work with what they've been

The over-arching plot is, I'll grant, finally coming into play. But did we need so many episodes of filler and no-issue one-offs? Did we need almost half a year to get to this point? The airing schedule hasn't helped, I'll grant you, but it simply hasn't lived up to its massive potential. Its slow, its stupid (Coulson killing SHIELD agents when he could have used his magical nitenite guns? Sending men in against Lorelei on the first attack even when you've been told that she specifically targets men? Coulson being unhappy about the fact that doctors did everything they could to bring him back?) and its not worth the time to watch it. I sit there, waiting for each ad-break so I have a moment to recover from what I'm sitting through.

At this point, I'm watching the show to the end of the season to make sure it doesn't tie-in anything essential to upcoming movies (unlikely) and then I probably wont be returning for the second season, if it - god forbid! - gets renewed.
  • Super spys,not super-heroes

I'm so fed up with people complaining about this show:its too boring,I don't like the characters,it's not enough Marvel-connected,they should put some they realize that this is not a super-hero show?That this is the same univerese but different stories?Let it be....
  • hope this show goes on

I love this show and I hope that the writers will start to give the character origins stories soon
  • Growing, getting better and better

The original plan of the writers appears to be slowly unveil the characters to the public, and with the general reaction of the public, it appears they are speeding up the process and gaining momentum, it seems to be worth waiting to see the unfolding of this story !
  • Just Finished Watching Season Online

I had already committed to 2 other shows and wasn't able to record a 3rd during the regular season. So, I decided to look over shows I had missed, and am most pleased with Agents of SHIELD. Perhaps it is because I watched the entire season in less than a week, but those people who gave it a low score had too many expectations that this would be an existing Marvel comic scripted for TV. It is anything but boring. The only episode that was mildly disappointing was 0-8-0. Unexpected strengths in the team have emerged, and one can see the empathetic connections form between all the team members. The danger of trying to recreate comic book heroes/villains is having to work against preconceived notions about those characters. Previously unknown villains are easier to work into the Marvel universe, and this is a completely separate storyline. So, my advice is to not have any expectations, and enjoy the show. Both the characters and the story line are good and getting better.
  • Broadcast dates are breaking the flow.

5.5
    So the show comes back for two episodes at the start of January. Then takes two weeks off, shows another episode then takes another month off. No wonder so many good US shows fail to keep up audience figures. I'm still not sure about this show and the sporadic scheduling is not helping me remember when it's on. On the plus side: Simmons.
  • Getting better and better, stick with it

I am so invested in each and everyone of these characters. I want to know their backstories while I enjoy evry moment of their new missions. And together they start to feel more and more like a family. I really like that in a show. People that say it lacks "Marvel" just have to accept that it's different. But good different. And it's getting better. This has easily become one of my favourtie shows.
  • they were lucky to get Samuel for a cameo

I think a lot of people don't realise is that this series costs a lot of money to make. They were lucky to get Samuel L for a cameo, that couldn't have been cheap. I think Josh Whedon should stop licking his wounds from the disaster which was Firefly and get on with the job in hand.

Apart from Coulson and Skye the characters are a bit wooden,
  • I never expected Iron Man and Thor

but is it unreasonable to expect Hawkeye and/or the Black Widow to show up? There were cameos with Maria Hill and Nick Fury in the first two episodes and there's the rumored cameo by Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. Maybe Captain America and/or the Falcon can show up now, seeing as how it turns out that Coulson really was dead and Fury didn't actually lie about that. And how about cameos next year by Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, Ant Man, the Wasp or War Machine? You don't need to see the big four every week but right now it's a bit like watching CSI with Greg Sanders, David Phillips, David Hodges, Henry Andrews, Archie Johnson and Morgan Brody and you're wondering where Jim Brass, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle, Conrad Ecklie, D. B. Russell and Julie Finlay are. It's as if half the cast were missing and you were just watching the young recruits and lab techs going at it.
  • review