Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Seeds

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jan 14, 2014 on ABC

• Skye finds out more about her past

Skye finds out more about her past, but I was hoping it would have been a little more interesting.
  • Seeds

This was one of the best episodes of the season so far because it had a consistent story and it actually had the whole point of this show on display. A strong show from start to finish.
  • Skye Finds Out About Her Past in a Delightfully Entertaining Episode

In this episode of SHIELD, the SHIELD team head to the SHIELD Academy to investigate a strange occurrence. While that's going on, Coulson and May head to Mexico to learn more about Skye's backstory, which becomes a shocker to those watching the show.

I've been a fan of this show since Day 1, and I'm still impressed with how this show is going thus far. I don't think it was as strong as the previous one where Coulson learns his death secret though, as this episode did have some flaws, especially the plot in SHIELD Academy. While it gave a solid development to a possible villain for future episodes, the plot is a little convoluted. But what makes up for it is the development to Skye's past, which was handled really well. Chloe Bennett, who plays Skye, does a remarkable job in the scene where she learns the "truth" of her past. And because of that scene alone, I'm still optimistic about the future of this show. I'm especially excited about the next episode, as Stan Lee is making an appearance in it.
  • Donnie Gill is 'Blizzard' not 'Silver Surfer'

• For the first time, the show met the high expectations we had with its announce...

I, for once, thought I was watching a different show... The known and usually skyrocketing convenient writing was at its minimum, the script was very clever and the execution well done. The protagonist (Skye) had a good character development push with a totally unexpected secret about her origin and the adorable nerd duo (Fitz & Simmons) prevailed, once more, despite Fitz's personality seems changed the last couple of episodes.

The episode highlighted some great lines about the responsibility a scientist must have, or whoever with considerable mental or physical strength and showed us the results we get from improper use of our power.

I can only hope that this great episode wasn't the exception and from now on, this is what we will be enjoying every week. It's actually incredible the improvement you can see on the same show and on the same characters just with some better writers. Well done, whoever they are, may they keep writing the next episodes, wishful request!
  • Was that the Birth of the Silver Surfer?

Great episode.
  • It clicked.

This was the best episode of the show, so far. It was an intriguing case that was connected to the overall arc. We had back-story on the characters, a little more insight into SHIELD and set up of a possible future villain. The team worked as a unit. I liked Ward being in charge and how he interacted with the "kids" and how the girls teased him about Fitz and Donnie. I'm glad we find out something about Skye while she wasn't the focus of the episode. I'm actually intrigued now and I think her reaction was very much in line with what we were shown of her. I didn't see the point of the assembly other than provide a setting and have FitzSimmons crack some jokes. Watching the episode I realized that if May and Coulson left for extended vacation I would enjoy the show still. Even more maybe. I like Clark Gregg and Ming-Na but their characters are so dull.
  • Seeds of Whedon greatness here...

I will keep this short because all I have is praise for this episode. A great storyline backed by fantastic script whoever wrote it (I guess Dawn Gilliam), but to any other writers particularly if Joss Whedon did have a hand in it - Fantastic! Superb acting all around but praise particularly to Clark Gregg, Chloe Bennet and Iain De Caestecker.

The back story about Skye was so much more interesting and in the end so heart rending compared to Coulsons back story. This was proved by Coulson doing his excellent (oh so Whedon) life affirming speech about Skye and getting a little bit more of his humanity back! And the big surprise that Skye is an 0-8-4!

And finally the music in this episode was very special and well done - Thumbs up Bear McCreary!