Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Well

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 19, 2013 on ABC

• Aliens!

Not a great episode, but the best so far. I found the whole Asguard story interesting and want to see more! Loved the twist where the professor was an alien.
  • So this explains Ming and Ward's Fling

I missed this episode prior to watching the Repairs so now I know about the Ming and Ward fling. They were both recovering from their experience with the Asgard staff. I found this episode to be one of the best of the season, at least for me. I liked the story itself and the Asgardian who had lived here for a millennium was a good part in the plot line. The group of people who wanted to become gods was interesting as well. But in the end we saw Ward fighting with his guilt after clutching the staff and then dealing with the god group at the end. Finally there was Ming also using the staff but we never saw what it did to her psyche as we did with Ward. But it did give them a bonding that developed even more at the end as well as explaining the beginning of the following episode.
  • another awesome

The hell with the critics who are paid to give reviews....

this show gets better every episode...

i`m loving it.
  • The Well

They finally found a supernatural phenomenon that was actually a little bit interesting with the sticks that gave you unstoppable power, but this was not a Thor crossover. This was an episode where they mentioned Thor a few times, and that was it.

It was overhyped and did not deliver. Simple as that
  • May gets her man!

Must be great being Ward, with all the ladies lusting after him to various degrees (the Green Eyed Monster is strong, today). but May triumphed in the end with the bottle of booze as a lure.

I really expected a bit more drooling with the shirt off scene but only Skye made an attempt to get closer in the bar, later on.

I did feel a tad sorry for Fitz when raging Ward called him out about rescuing Simmons the week earlier. I believe more could have been made of this, as I reckon it's inevitable that Fitz & Simmons will get together. The UST is way OTT.

The story, as a whole, was pretty good with Peter MacNicol as an unlikely Asgardian but let's face it an actor of his class was never going to be a bit player here.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and I'm praying the obvious high cost of producing the episodes doesn't lead to a producer meltdown and they at least give the show a chance.
  • Everyday

This episode was definitely one of the best so far, especially with that quiet, quiet ending that opened up a new relationship among the cast. It's great to see how each of them plays with the others and is wonderful that we don't always get the same stale pairings each week. That's something Whedon's always been spectacular at. It was also a neat storyline to see how infiltrated we are by aliens without knowing it (and put a great spin on mythology that should have been obvious but didn't click until it was pointed out). Great week. Also, that mechanical twinge at the end. Still pushing Coulson's a robot.