Marvel's Avengers Assemble Forums

Sunday 11:00 AM on Disney XDIn Season

Expectations, Fears, and Hopes for the new series

RaizenYusuke

[1]Mar 1, 2013
    • level: 28

A lot of us have to be fearing this show will be played for comedy like the Ultimate Spider-Man. I've heard that Marvel Animation doesn't like story arcs, but since I haven't seen a statement of anyone saying that I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. I loved Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and I still think it was stupid to cancel it just to make a new series to cash in on the movie, but I know it happened and I have to deal with it. I'm interested in seeing what this new series will be about.

Personally I hope that the writers realize the series can be entertaining with a clever plot and storylong arcs. I fear Marvel Animation will go the opposite of Ultimate Spider-Man and instead of over the top comedy that this show will be over the top mindless action. I'm interested in this series and Hulk series. They will determine what tone the new age of Marvel Cartoons will take. My biggest fear is Marvel will go backwards in cartoons and make one dimensional cartoons that only appeal to kids, when in the past they attempted to make more complex stories and well round characters.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frost167

[2]May 22, 2013
    • level: 1

watch the first episode already excellent. they are following the movie story lines. I will definitely watch this every week.

Flashheat

[3]May 23, 2013
    • level: 14
    Alright, time to sit back and watch another super-comedied up cartoon show just like every other one out there nowadays.

*2 minutes in, sees Captain America get vaporized*

....Alright, I'm already optimistic.

csewell

[4]May 26, 2013
    • level: 2

Two episodes and two refrences to Spider-Man. Maybe he'll be an avenger pretty soon. Hopefully not the Ultimate Spider-Man... Hopefully a good version of Spider-Man.

MajLorne

[5]May 28, 2013
    • level: 21
    Well, no stupid cut away gags like ultimate spiderman and more or less characters are treated respectfully. I know it's just 2 eps, but i don't 'feel' the show yet. Yes, it was a serviceable start, but totally forgettable other than skull swapping bodies with cap and stealing tony's armor.
    So hopefully the next ep airs soon so we can see the 'cabal' that skull is putting together. Dr. Doom was the only person i recognize, while the others, i have no idea who they were.

I also am feeling a bit meh about the animation. Sure it looks nice, but I don't see the upgrade over EMH other than Tony's armer and maybe cap looking slimmer.

TheMidnightMurk

[6]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 5

^The other two villains were Attuma and Malekith the Accursed.

Edited on 06/01/2013 1:34pm

MajLorne

[7]Jun 2, 2013
    Thanks!

TenTen

[8]Jun 3, 2013
    • level: 11
    I thought the other two cameo villains were Abomination and Proctor along with Doctor Doom.

RaizenYusuke

[9]Jun 7, 2013
    I think Red Skull stealing Capt's body was a storyline in the comics. The series might have wanted to use that storyline since it puts Captain America in danger and since he is loved or respected by most of the Avengers it created a problem that would get the broken up Avengers back together to avenge or save him. No clue why they chose to have Skull steal Tony's armor and arc reactor. Does that save his life?

MajLorne

[10]Jul 4, 2013
    Well new ep this sunday. I hope it is good for the show's sake. Wow look at some of the negative reviews so far. I didn't think it'd be that harsh.

RaizenYusuke

[11]Jul 10, 2013

I expected fans to be harsh at the start of the series. A: EMH did manage to gather a lot of followers and when that show was cancelled and this one was green lit people would go in with high expectations. I know I was coming in with high expectations because A: EMH set the bar pretty high. I'll try to be more open minded and judge the show for its own merits.

The show is not terrible or spectacular at the moment. Its pretty average, which isn't bad. I want to give it more of a chance. We are only 3 episodes in. The characters are 2 dimensional at the moment, but I really think they will get character development as the series progresses. My biggest gripe is unlike the A: EMH or the movie these heroes are really immature and dull. Black Widow fighting over a cookie and Hawkeye isn't a witty as his EMH counterpart, but a little more juvenile. The Hulk is pretty good personalitythough and has the best one liners and jokes. The plots are sort of average and meh. Red Skull in Iron Man's armorI thought was a unexpected twist, but in episode 2 he and Modock were just going to blow up the mansionas a symbol. He had control of the Avengers and he wanted to have them fight each other and destroy everything they stand for by destroying the mansion?

The Cabal of super villains has some promise.

WicthBalder

[12]Jul 22, 2013
    • level: 4

this show is not as silly as ultimate spider-man but not as good as earth's mightiest heroes.

MajLorne

[13]Jul 23, 2013
    I didn't think this recent ep was that bad. Though I think Blade would've been appropriate for this ep and thought it was just poor writing to make Widow captured so easily. I can understand if it was Wasp, but Widow should've been better than that. That said, I think folks need to be less harsh on this show (as inferior as it is to EMH). It's not that terrible, but at least above average.

RaizenYusuke

[14]Jul 24, 2013
    The episodes seem to be improving. The first 3 were kind of average. The Doom and Dracula episodes were interesting and I liked the characters are getting fleshed out more. Thor and Captain America centric episodes that explain their current mindset. I expected Blade to appear in the Dracula episode, but he wasn't missed to me. It let Captain America getting fleshed out over a guess star role from Blade.

perualonso1

[15]Jul 28, 2013
    • level: 18

I'm pretty sure this show will be just as great as Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I've gotten used to the animation in the show. And some comedic moments wouldn't be bad, either.

As long as AA includes more great voice actors like Will Friedle, I'll enjoy it even more.

Overall, I give Avengers Assemble a perfect 10 out of 10 and an A+++.

RaizenYusuke

[16]Aug 1, 2013
    WTF is up with Marvel Animation? I saw a commercial for Hulk Agent of Smash and it looks terrible. It's like Ultimate Spider-Man bad. It looks like their trying to do some reality t.v./Office type of deal with the Hulk family. Avengers is probably going to be the best of the Marvel shows out. Real step down.

MajLorne

[17]Aug 2, 2013
    When i read about something along the lines of a dysfunctional family i had my worries about it. I just hope it isn't true, but i am bracing for the worst. I dunno who abomb is and why is red hulk there, but not red she hulk?

RaizenYusuke

[18]Aug 2, 2013
    Comcast's On Demand for whatever reason had the first episode of Agent of Smash on there. I saw it and it is a lot like Ultimate Spider-Man except with reality t.v. confessions/talk scenes in place of cut-away-gags. So far I'm not impressed. Avengers Assemble IMO is the best out of the 3 Marvel shows out right now.

MajLorne

[19]Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah, i am worried it becomes silly like the hulk and she hulk show compared to the first season when it was dark and serious. Unfortunately it can be worse like ultimate spiderman.

RaizenYusuke

[20]Apr 12, 2014
    The show has a lot of potential. Some of the gags and in fighting is getting old, but I like some of the plots and directions they took.