Marvel's Avengers Assemble Forums

Sunday 11:00 AM on Disney XDBetween Seasons

Marvel cinematic universe

MajLorne

[1]Apr 5, 2014
    • level: 21

Well let's face it, this show is just a pretender and we all pretty much care more about the movies which puts what loeb and crew has with these three cartoons to shame.

yesterday i saw captain america the winter soldier and let me just say that it is easily the best film after the avengers. I'll talk more about it later when more ppl have seen it. But i totally recommend seeing it asap.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZekkJedi

[2]Apr 5, 2014
    • level: 8
    Awesome I've heard good stuff all around, but I probably won't see it till next Friday or so and I'm cursing my self-imposed policy of waiting a week till the crowds die-down [means I'll also prob wait on watching the upcoming SHIELD ep till I see the movie]

RaizenYusuke

[3]Apr 6, 2014
    • level: 28

I thought it was the best phase 2 movie. It met my expectations. It didn't try to go too dark, wasn't afraid to be light or make fun of itself at points, and the story was serious.

***SPOILER***

MajLorne

[4]Apr 7, 2014
    • level: 21
    Excellent and well stated^ summed everything about what i thought with the movie.

***SPOILER***

RaizenYusuke

[5]Apr 8, 2014
    • level: 28

If you haven't seen the movie you should put Shield on hold. The plot of Winter Soldier is essential to this week's episode of Shield. It will spoil the movie for you. I know people complained that the first one was just a prelude to Avengers and didn't stand on its own (I disagree with that), but Cap 2's plot vibrated through the Marvel cinematic universe. It might even be what shapes the next phase like Thorin phase 1.

ZekkJedi

[6]Apr 11, 2014

Well I've now seen it and I loved it! For me it was very nearly perfect

[Not putting a spoiler on this b/c it has really nothing to do with the film we got and nothing I'm gonna say (in this post) reveals anything that was in the film (beyond the title ), the only thing that gave me pause was BW's birthdate, and the fact that her back story and it's relation to the "Winter Soldier" didn't really come into play. I really want the films to get into her real backstory, which is one of the many things that makes her so awesome (at least to me). But, I suppose that can always be added later, (possibly with her Red Room conditioning/brainwashing being the reason that even she doesn't seem to know). Hopefully between this, and her upcoming film "Lucy" (which looks awesome and I'm totally gonna watch it this August) Marvel'll finally get up off it's @$$ and greenlight a film where Scarlett Johansson stars and we get to see BW's full backstory done well. Which is a hope the actress herself said attracted her to the role in the first place.]

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133450-Scarlett-Johansson-Controls-The-Universe-in-First-Trailer-For-Lucy

They somehow managed to showcase all the heroes in this very crowded cast evenly, and setup well for what's to come.

[I also just watched S.H.I.E.L.D. which of course didn't blow me away as much, and the reveals weren't as awesome, but it was probably the best ep yet, it'll be interesting to see where all of this goes]

Edited on 04/11/2014 8:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ZekkJedi

[7]Apr 11, 2014

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    If you haven't seen the movie you should put Shield on hold. The plot of Winter Soldier is essential to this week's episode of Shield. It will spoil the movie for you. I know people complained that the first one was just a prelude to Avengers and didn't stand on its own (I disagree with that), but Cap 2's plot vibrated through the Marvel cinematic universe. It might even be what shapes the next phase like Thorin phase 1.
    Totally Agreed , and hey for me personally my list of the best to least of these films so far are probably this one, Avengers (which is still the most fun/amazing of them), Cap, IM3, Thor, IM, Incredible Hulk, IM2 (though yes that is influenced by the fact that Tony is prob my least favorite of these great characters, although RDJ's version of him is easily the best Tony/IM anyone'll ever do, and he gets better each film). And if I just try to look at what are "the best films in their own right" the 1st Cap and the 1st Iron Man as well as this film are prob at the top, with Avengers getting a place at the top for the sheer enormity of it's task and how awesome/fun it was (even if I have to agree with critics less smitten w/it that some of the other marvel films are "better put together" there's no denying that what Avengers achieved has yet to be topped). They certainly all build on each other and that's becoming more interconnected with each film, but I wouldn't even say IM2 was "just a prelude to Avengers", (even though I took the most issue with it) and objectively that's more true of that one than Cap's 1st film

[I agree with most of what you and MajLorne already said above, but I'll make a spoilered filled post with my own thoughts soon]

Edited on 04/11/2014 3:31pm
    Edited 2 total times.