A Marvel's Daredevil Community
Friday 12:00 AM on Netflix

Rosario Dawson has joined the cast of Netflix's Daredevil series, Marvel announced Friday.

Dawson will play a dedicated young woman who's determined to heal the wounds of Hell's Kitchen. But when she meets Matt Murdock, she forever alters the course of his battle against injustice.

"Rosario Dawson is one the most charismatic, talented, and powerful actresses in Hollywood, so she was always at the top of our list for Marvel's Daredevil," Jeph Loeb, Marvel's head of television, said in a statement. "Her role in the series is absolutely critical to Matt Murdock's journey to become the hero we know as Daredevil."

Dawson, who can next be seen in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, joins Boardwalk Empire's Charlie Cox, who will play the titular superhero, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent's Vincent D'Onofrio, who will play Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the 13-episode series.

Daredevil is part of Netflix's huge deal with Marvel Comics; it's the first of four Marvel series coming to streaming service. Production is scheduled to begin in July, with a target debut of sometime in 2015. 

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/18/2016

Season 2 : Episode 13

16 Comments
Comments (16)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
"...first of four Marvel series"?! Oh, is that how you spell overkill? We already have all the Marvel films, the Agents of SHIELD series, the DC Comics series on CW, the upcoming Gotham series and the DC Comics films. And now no less than four Marvel series more? With all this milking, the comic book companies could set up ice cream factories of their own.
Flag
I love her
Flag
Yummy
Flag
I was thinking about Elektra before reading the description but now it doesn't sound like her at all.
Flag
Great choice.
Flag
Misty Knight anyone?
Flag
We can only hope!
Flag
This is getting such a great cast..... Agents of SHIELD mostly went with nobodies (except for Clark Gregg and Ming-Na)
Flag
yeah, whoever heard of this bill paxton guy...
Flag
She's probably going to die. I hope not, but whenever a female character is said tohave a big impact on a hero's journey, she's usually fridged.
Flag

Here's what I think of Rosario Dawson on Daredevil........

Flag
Sounds like Elektra.
Flag
Don't think it's Elektra,probably it's Maya Lopez better known as Echo or Ronin.
Flag
I'm hoping either that, or Misty Knight, would gladly take either!
Flag
Really? I would have assumed so before reading this, but what they said doesn't sound at all like a ninja assassin greek ambassador to me.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Training Day Sunset
    NEW
    CBS