Bananas, Crackers and Nuts

Aired Unknown Nov 05, 1972 on CBS

• Hawkeye Pretends

After so many days of Surgery,Hawkeye wanting desperately to go on R&R pretends to crack-up.Frank is in charge of the Camp when Henry takes the day off.He calls a specialist a Dr. Philip Sherman who was an old colleague of Margaret's.Hawkeye tries to fool the Doctor by pretending to be nuts.This backfires,and so Dr.Sherman wants to take Hawkeye to Seoul for observation.Knowing this Hawkeye,Trapper,and with an assist from Radar manuver Dr.Sherman into Margaret's Hut to make it look like he,and Margaret are getting it on.This is the first of two appearances of Stuart Margolin.He would appear in a later episode titled "Operation Noselift",as aDoctor friend of Hawkeyes.
  • "I am in love and he doesn't even know I exist" ~Hawkeye Pierce

I love all of the crazy stunts Hawkeye pulls inorder to get Trapper and him sometime off. I think it's hilarious when Hawkeye tells Captain Sherman that the reason he's acting this way is because he's in love with Major Bruns, "Frank". However this backfires on Hawkeye when Captain Sherman demands that Hawkeye goes to Toyko with him for some observations, but Hawkeye and Trapper triumph at the end by making Captain Sherman believe that the woman of his dreams, Margaret, infact really likes him. Just remember folks, make sure you don't have any trouble with your gyroscope.