M*A*S*H Forums

CBS (ended 1983)

Favorite Father Mulcahy Moment

tom567649

[1]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 29

I have two favorite Father Mulcahy moments.

The first is in "Dear Sis." A number of wounded soldiers come in during the night, and one of them wants a doctor and refuses to be seen by anyone else. When Mulcahy tries to calm him down, the soldier punches him. Mulcahy, already irritated by resent events, ends up punching him so hard he rolls off his stretcher.

The second is in "Captains Outrageous." Father Mulcahy has, for the FOURTH time, been passed up for promotion to Captain, making him possibly the most irritable he's been in the entire series. Meanwhile, a Greek soldier and Turkish soldier in the hospital keep getting into fist fights. After they blow Mulcahy off for trying to break up their fight, Mulcahy angrily threatens to beat them up, immediately stopping the fight. I believe his exact words were "I suggest you remember what it says in the good book: love thy neighbor, or I'll punch your lights out!"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mulefritters

[2]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 5

I loved it when he is dazed in the season three episode Bombed after a shell hits the latrine. He comes out babbling about a crabapple pie his sister made and how they ate it all before dinner.

On a serious note, the speech he gives at the end of Blood Brothers (season 9) was quite good also.

elizalove

[3]Jul 2, 2009

One of my favorite M*A*S*H moments, and one that Father Mulcahy took place in was in the episode "Trick or Treatment." A bodyis laying in the compoud for the whole of the episode, and several people yell that the body needs to be moved. He is finally going to be moved, and taken away right when Mulcahy walks by and insists that the boy has his last rights. He is giving them when he notices a tear run down the soldier's cheek, and thus yells for help, and the boy lives.

Most def. one of my favorite moments.

sandbur

[4]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 25

I don't remember the episode; I only remember Mulcahy's line and to me, it just typified this character.

Hawkeye and B.J. were goofing around and Mulcahy was laughing with them, enjoying the "up" moment, and said as he walked away: "Jocularity, Jocularity, Jocularity"! And B.J. and Hawk, stopped, looked at each other, and bursting out laughing even more.

I dunno. It just was...Mulcahy.

mulefritters

[5]Jul 3, 2009

I believe that was Margaret's Marriage from season 5. I think he spoke that line after Hawkeye jokingly told him to "Go right home."

That was a funny scene.

Edited on 07/03/2009 12:42pm

ladybritcomfan

[6]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 36
    Being a huge fan of Mulcahy I have several. But the ones that stand out are the sermon he delivers while drunk in "Alcoholics Unanimous" and when he's explaining a situation with a nurse to Hawkeye and asks him to speak to her in "Nurse Doctor".

grab1to

[7]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 1
    This off topic but I need some help, I want to post a new message or question to the forum about MASH, when I go on new message to takes me to nothing no place to post a question about MASH, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thank you

mulefritters

[8]Jul 12, 2009

Clicking on the 'New Message' button at the top of this page should let you post a new reply to this current thread.

If you want to post a message with a new topic, you should go back to the MASH Forum page and click the 'New Topic' button near the top of the page.

At least I think this is how it works. Clicking on both buttons brings up a window to type my post in.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 07/12/2009 9:34am

mylibby523

[9]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 23

When he talks about how a doctor will warm his hands with the steam rising from an open wound in surgery on an especially cold day in "The Interview"...VERY chilling and effective.

MyrnaChildres

[10]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 2

Hard to think of just one favorite Mulcahy moment, but the one I first thought of is when he and Radar are coming back to camp with a wounded solider who suddenly struggles to breath. Radar stops the jeep, they go around to see about the solider. Father M. ends up doing a trach and taping an ink pen in so the solider can breath. The solider makes it to the 4077th, and lives thanks to the Padre.