M*A*S*H Forums

CBS (ended 1983)

has anyone seen W*A*L*T*E*R?

gamefreakzach

[1]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 6

apparently, there was a one episode spinoff of mash that never took off. It was called W*A*L*T*E*R and it stars gary burghoff as M*A*S*H ended. Has anybody seen this?

here is more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%2AA%2AL%2AT%2AE%2AR

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ladybritcomfan

[2]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 36
    I don't think it ever aired. From what I've heard or read, there were plans for a series around Radar, but with the lack of success with AfterMASH, they decided against it.
    Edited on 07/13/2008 2:39pm

HelloStuart

[3]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 63
    As far as I know, a two-hour pilot was produced and was burned off as a made-for-TV movie in the summer of '84. From what I've read about W*A*L*T*E*R, the premise was that Radar finally sold his aunt's farm following her death, then moved to California to become a private eye. I have no idea as to where or when it aired.

ladybritcomfan

[4]Jul 13, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    As far as I know, a two-hour pilot was produced and was burned off as a made-for-TV movie in the summer of '84. From what I've read about W*A*L*T*E*R, the premise was that Radar finally sold his aunt's farm following her death, then moved to California to become a private eye. I have no idea as to where or when it aired.
    Really? I thought he became suicidal after his wife left him, sold his mother's farm after her death and moved to St. Louis to become a police officer. At least we're close to the same page on this one.
    Edited on 07/13/2008 2:42pm

HelloStuart

[5]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 63
    ladybritcomfan wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Really? I thought he became suicidal after his wife left him, sold his mother's farm after her death and moved to St. Louis to become a police officer. At least we're close to the same page on this one.

In this case, you're probably right.

Wasn't Victoria Jackson (pre-SNL) on this show, too?

ladybritcomfan

[6]Jul 15, 2008

HelloStuart wrote:
    ladybritcomfan wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    In this case, you're probably right. Wasn't Victoria Jackson (pre-SNL) on this show, too?

Yes, she was.

Edited on 07/14/2008 11:43pm

loserbrett

[7]Dec 31, 2009
    • level: 5

I know-- old topic is old, but I watched it recently. It's wasn't too bad. I mean- it was terrible with the occasional funny moment, but then most pilot episodes are that way.

Anyway, I found it on YouTube and I figured I'd post the link for you all! Ain't I sweet?

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3