M*A*S*H Forums

CBS (ended 1983)

MASH goofs

jelll

[21]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    My guess it's the diffrent writers

Also with Hawkeye, in one episode his mother is dead ( I believe sons & bowlers ) but in another episode he states tell mom & sis I love them. Then on another episode he claims he was an only child.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sienster

[22]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    neurononsense wrote:

sienster wrote:
    Is it possible for him to have both a son and daughter? I mean, does he say he only has one child? Also, can't he be from Missouri (born) and have lived in NE at some point? Just playing devil's advocate...

It's possible, but there are enough other similar goofs (like spouse's names and such) that I think they are just mistakes caused by the different writers.

Thanks for playing devil's advocate though. I like a challenge

I agree, they're probably goofs but there's also the possibility they're not.

mulefritters

[23]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    There's a small contunuity error in "Officer of The Day" (Season 3, Ep3 ). In the scene where Radar is getting undressed in his office in front of Hawkeye, he takes his shirt off, THEN he tucks his teddy bear into bed. But in the close up of him tucking his teddy bear in, you can see that he is still clearly wearing his green shirt.

BliTzer850

[24]Aug 23, 2012
    • level: 1

There is a major goof in the episode, not sure but i think it was the army/navy episode when everyonle is gathered outside the swamp tent listening to the game. while everyone is outside if u look behind toward the messhall tent u will see this guy walk out & realize he screwed up & stops. crosses arms & stands there. he is a hippie dude, long black hair, mustache wearing white shirt & jeans i think 70 style clothing for sure! ive seen it twice cracks me up everytime!

Edited on 08/23/2012 4:51pm

ladybritcomfan

[25]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 36

BliTzer850 wrote:

There is a major goof in the episode, not sure but i think it was the army/navy episode when everyonle is gathered outside the swamp tent listening to the game. while everyone is outside if u look behind toward the messhall tent u will see this guy walk out & realize he screwed up & stops. crosses arms & stands there. he is a hippie dude, long black hair, mustache wearing white shirt & jeans i think 70 style clothing for sure! ive seen it twice cracks me up everytime!

The same thing happened in the "Communication Breakdown" episode too. When everyone is gathered outside the tent yelling at Charles about hoarding newspapers, you can see a man in the background wearing a purple shirt and white pants who looks real out of place in that scene. He must be a crew member who got caught on camera.

coreycitrin

[26]Jul 30, 2014
    • level: 1

In the first season Hawkeye says he lives in Vermont but later its Crabapple Gove, Maine.

noman

[27]Feb 3, 2015
    • level: 11

whole bunch of MASH mistakes and goofs that NEVER HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE IN KOREA WAR

http://mash.wikia.com/wiki/A_War_for_All_Seasons_%28TV_series_episode%29

noman

[28]Feb 3, 2015
    • level: 11
    Yeah in one of the Dear Dad episodes hawkeye claims his family is in VERMONT and thanks his mother and sister-later its changed to MAINE and Hawkeye father is a widower since HAwkeye was 12 YEARS OLD.

Lets hface it lan ALda doesnt have a New England accent and niether was David Stiers have a POSH ACCENT!