M*A*S*H

Hey, Look Me Over

Aired Unknown Oct 25, 1982 on CBS

• This has to be one of the best Mashes ever. It is a Nurse Kellye-centric episode, who never seems to get the attention that she deserves.

Wow! I have watched this M*A*S*H episode a number of times and just watched it again. I wanted to see what others thought of it, and I could not believe that it did not have a review. I am pleased to note that its score is over 9 and that according to Notes for this episode it was voted the most popular episode besides the finale. Both Margaret and Hawkeye get an education. Margaret learns that she does not have to work her nurses to death over an inspection by a persnickety colonel, as long as she is satisfied that she did her best. Margaret ends up telling one of her nurses to go enjoy the night instead of rearranging the supply tent to try to improve her inspection score. This has to be one of the best Mashes ever. Besides Margaret's inspection, it features Nurse Kellye, who never seems to get the attention that she deserves. Kellye is somewhat smitten with Hawkeye, but he never notices what a terrific person and fantastic nurse she is. This is where the title, "Hey, Look Me Over" comes from. One day, Kellye finally tells him off, and that makes Hawkeye take a look at both Kellye and himself. There is a particularly touching scene where Kellye comforts a dying serviceman. Hawkeye observes it all, and realizes that all the wonderful things that Kellye said about herself were true. There is a typical M*A*S*H twist at the end. Wonderful, wonderful episode. I highly recommend it.
WZME