M*A*S*H

Morale Victory

Aired Unknown Jan 28, 1980 on CBS

• Morale is low and Hawkeye and BJ as usual are not happy with the same old movie that they have seen 12 times. So they are put in charge of morale and its looks bad but they come through in the end with the help of Klinger.

This is probably one of my top 10 favorite episodes. Charles (David Ogden Stiers) should have received at least an Emmy nomination for this episode. he was awesome in helping the wounded soldier. Winchester is thrilled that he was able to save his leg and most of the use of his hands. He then finds out the soldier is a concert pianist. The soldier will only have partial use of his right hand and he is devastated. Charles tries several times to cheer him up. this episode shows Winchester's human side, he is Charles this time and not Winchester the 3rd.

Eventually Charles is able to obtain music written by Maurice Ravel for a pianist that had lost a hand in World War I. Great episode and to me ties in with the show's final episode and Charles' love for music. I highly recommend you watch this one.