M*A*S*H

Movie Tonight

Aired Unknown Feb 22, 1977 on CBS

• Radar really DID have ESP!

One of my favorite episodes, too. But Radar's ability to predict things before they happened was really astonishing. His imitation of John Wayne included lines that were spoken in Wayne's movie, McClintock, filmed in 1963, ten years after the end of the Korean War. Way to go, Radar!
  • "Gee, Mom, I wanna go home!!"

This is by far one of my family's favorite MASH episodes of all time!! I grew up watching the show with my mom, dad, and three older brothers- quoting lines at will.

From this episode, "Jocularity... Jocularity...", was always coming out of my mouth! As was the "Gee, Mom, I wanna go home" song sung by the company (especially Frank's part)- "The surgeons in the army, they think they're really smart, I'd like to a scalpel, and stab 'em in the heart..." - which always had my family rolling with laughter!

Watch this episode for guaranteed laughs or an instant pick-me-up!!
  • This has to be one of the best M*A*S*H episodes. The singing, imitations, and jokes are superb.

I just saw this episode again, and it was just as wonderful as every time I watch it. The camp is grouchy; various aspects of the war is getting them down. So, Col. Potter orders a movie to cheer everyone up. "My Darling Clementine." As the movie is being shown, it breaks down a number of times. The MASH gang fills in the intervals with singing and with various people doing impressions. The music was terrific from first song to last! Loretta Swit has a great voice. You can hear her when everyone is singing and when she does a solo. Radar does excellent impersonations of a number of TV and movie starts, but the best is when they imitate Father Mulcahy. Jocularity follows throughout this whole episode. It is darn near perfect. Highly recommended.
  • Jocularity, jocularity, jocularity!

A brilliant episode that takes a break from the normal set-up of a M*A*S*H episode. It\\\'s another lull for the 4077, with everyone doing the tedious menial chores. Fortunately, Colonel Potter has ordered a good movie. Unfortunately, everything that can go wrong with the film does. So instead, the unit has to entertain themselves while waiting for it to be repaired.
    The \\\"Army Life\\\" bit is a classic, of course. Radar\\\'s impressions really are fantastic. It\\\'s just amazing to hear that little guy sound so much like John Wayne and Jack Benny. My favorite bit is the Father Mulcahy Sound Alike Contest. It ends with everyone in the mess tent (including Frank) re-enacting the final shoot out of the OK Corral and dog-piling top of each other.
    The 4077 is a family, and this is one of those episodes that shows them acting just like one. It\\\'s just a fun episode all over.
  • A Fun and Entertaining Episode

This is one of my favorite episodes.

We see everyone doing non-surgical chores that still have to be done. We did not get to this very often. It is a nice change of pace.

The activites during the periods where there was a problem to be fixed with either the film or the projector were hilarious.

We see the members of the 4077 having fun and being silly.

The Army song was a highlight of the episode. We also see Frank becoming increasingly inappropiate with his lyrics. We are clearly being set up for him to totally lose it.
  • Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my ... la la la la la!

I love this episode it is SO funny!
    They finally get a decent movie and it doesn't work was funny it self but then to see how they entertain themselves while Klinger tries to fix it is halarious!
    This is one of the best episodes that has all the cast in it.