CBS (ended 1983)

M*A*S*H Fan Reviews page 2 of 5

• The Doctors in mash uses crude humor to mask a serious pain, a great series about life and death in wartime.

What can i say about mash? The series have one of the best balances between comedy and serious drama, it has a cast that fit's the series like glove fits a hand, and it has a solid writing from day one to the last episode. The only problem with the show is that you will have to say farwell to some of your favorit characters, and se them replaced with another one.

Mash is a timeless series, it has a good point, that war isn't funny, even tho it's a comedy at heart, some nasty things happens for the characters.

I would recommend mash to every one i know, it fits every one, old and young, boys and girls. You will find your own favorite in this series, and you will love him or her like you probably never done with a character before.
  • Sadly M*A*S*H was before my time, and loving it as I do, that makes it yet sadder, there is no series as meaningful and powerful in all of television, and I'm happy to say being a fan, better late than never.

M*A*S*H is hard to truly explain, in essence it's about a group of people trying their best to deal with harsh circumstances, those circumstances being the messy conflict known as the Korean War. The people are doctors, nurses, holy men, sometimes even civilians, many soldiers, that are attempting life while saving live in a Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, AKA, M*A*S*H.

The characters are simply unforgettable, the ability to relay deep set emotions and thoughts without using words is probably one of the trademarks we've come to identify from M*A*S*H. There is much tragedy to be had in a M*A*S*H unit we quickly learn, surprisingly not just from the here and now, but also from abroad. Some may say M*A*S*H becomes preachy later in the series due to Alan Alda's influence, and while it is true that the Hawkeye character in particular skews away from the book, I believe this is all for the better.

I'd like to give a very thorough review, though to be honest I can't say as though that would make sense, having seen(I can confidently state) every single episode, I know that it's great, and I don't feel a need to convince anyone else of that.

In conclusion, M*A*S*H will never leave me, even if I got on the train far too late, and is, in my mind, the cornerstone of what American television can produce.
  • M*A*S*H is based on a book by Richard Hooker and the classic 1970 movie. Set during the Korean war, we follow the life of the 4077th staff as they try to get through the war on this foreign soil.

Most people will say that M*A*S*H lost it's "prestige" when they started to introduce more dramatic elements (see the episode "Sometimes you hear the bullet") but I believe it got more powerful. It showed a darker side of the characters (especially Alan Alda's) and gave the show a warm human perspective.

The characters had to deal with the fact that they're far from their families, that their job was fixing up young wounded kids and that it's going to be that way the next day. As the show progressed, we could "feel" that the characters realized more and more that they weren't going anywhere for a while.

This show had everything, from begining to end. It is truly, in my humble opinion, the best peice of entertainment ever conceived.
  • suicide is painless...

So although this show was before my time thanks to syndication I have found what a great show it is and became totally addicted. I can quote so many of the episodes and can tell you the plot by just watching the first 30 seconds. The reason that I love this show…it really is timeless. The anti-war themes are very relevant in today’s society. The humor and the characters are just wonderful. You feel like you know these people, like they are people that you could sit down and have a drink with. Throughout the seasons you enjoy following them. They make you laugh, they make you cry. There is not a lot of current shows that have the same feeling as M*A*S*H.
  • Simply one of the best shows of all time. I can't recall a single bad episode, though the show was often experimental, playing with the television and narrative formats to create a wide variety of unique episodes. Many of these have never been replicate

I keep watching reruns and continue to be surprised by the diversity of this show. From slapstick humour to stone cold comentary on the darkness of war. It was, in its way, more honest than any show before or since. Much of its appeal is due to the incredible cast. Some of the finest actors of their generation spent time on this show.

• Auwful!

This show is not funny nor interesting to me. It had an 11 year run. Because of this run I give it some credit.
    There is only so much laughter you can put in a show. Obviously this show had none, or else I didn't notice it.
    you can paraphrase this show in two words....not funny.
  • A program set during the Korean War, but produced to show the conditions and feelings of the Vietnam War.

I did not like M*A*S*H the first time I saw it. I was looking for something to tape over, and the only tape left was titled "M*A*S*H: The Final Episode." Unfortunately, seeing Klinger in his dresses for the very first time without a previous explanation did not help my delicate psyche. Eventually, I grew to love the show, and all its idiosynchrasies. I most certainly prefer the episodes after Col. Blake dies and Col. Potter takes over, because they are more witty and comical. I also was cheering when Frank left, but kudos to Larry Linville for making that character exactly as hateable as he should be. He makes a perfect foil to B.J. later on. When Trapper John left, I wasn't all too sad either. The final seasons, in which Col. Potter, Major Winchester, and Captain Honeycutt are all together, are my personal favorites. The episode "The Yalu Brick Road" was particularly good, mainly because when I saw it for the first time, it was right after we'd stuffed ourselves with turkey the day before on Thanksgiving. All and all, M*A*S*H is one of the most quotable shows I've found on television.
  • Way ahead of its time. One of the best dramadies ever created.

Based on a 1968 novel by Richard Hooker, and a 1970 movie, this show is about people in an army hospital during the Korean War. These doctors had to face death day and night for 3 years, almost non-stop. On their free time, however, they tried to escape the madness of war by creating their own madness. Whether it was playing pranks on each other, finding different kinds of hobbies, drinking, or whatever was the case. They didn't act the way some people would expect officers in the U.S. army would act.

This unique perspective on the war allowed for one of the most unique experiences that would ever come out of a 30 minute "comedy." As the series started, it wasn't always that unique to other shows, however. Many of the episodes in the first season seemed similar to the kind of thing that one could see on shows like Sergeant Bilko, or Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., except for with a few things that wouldn't be on either of those shows (more sexual references, or the operations). There were, however, a few episodes that showed the brilliance that the show would become, such as "Dear Dad," which had some amazing great visual humor, and even a touch of drama. The episode "Sometimes You Hear The Bullet" was yet another great example of where the series would be going in later seasons, bringing a much greater sense of drama within the series, which at the time was mainly a comedy series.

It is within the second season that the series really picks up though, mainly because they had realized what they did right in the first season and what they did wrong. After that, they started doing a great mixture of comedy and drama, and playing around with the kinds of stories that they could do. And this is what MASH did best. It was never afraid to take risks and explore what it could get away with in terms of both its comedy and drama. It did an amazing job at playing with the mix between the two, and is in fact one of the earliest shows to do so to such a huge extent.

Throughout the 11 years that it was on the air, it had a constant change of tone, going from mainly a comedy with some dramatic elements, to a much more heavy drama with some comedy (with the changes being subtle much of the time that you might not notice it until later in the series, but I've noticed that it does change pretty much every season). It also underwent many different cast changes throughout the series.

Having a show on the air for 11 seasons, changing the tone so much that it is hard to argue that it didn't "jump the shark" (in the official meaning, becoming something it wasn't originally intended to be), and having many different cast changes throughout the series is usually a sign of something going wrong along the way. And in fact, this is something that some people have argued, and did so pretty fairly. However, in my opinion these things helped MASH much more than hurt it. Due to its changes in tone, and changes in cast, it allowed them to explore the war in numerous ways. They basically covered everything that was possible to explore within the war (wounded and casualties, all the different hobbies that the doctors could take up, the food that they ate, the Korean culture, the psychological effect of the war, developing the different characters, showing off the ineptitude of the army, and much more). In fact, it was allowed to do so much more that anybody could expect it to because it was not afraid to experiment with the stories it told. It truly went where no series had gone before, and no series would go again. For expamle, one episode dealt with a soldier who had not only forgotten who he was, but thought that he was Jesus Christ. Another episode delt with the question of what happened after a soldier died. What if he didn't want to let go, or didn't even realize that he was dead? Some of these stories that they came up with, I honestly never imagined I'd be seeing when I got into the series.

As for the cast changes, they too were neccessary in order to keep the show staying fresh throughout the series. While I love Henry, Trapper (despite being under-used), Frank, and Radar, there was only so far that you could go with any one of them. Henry was a great comedic commander, but wouldn't have fit in with the more serious side of the series later on. Trapper, as I said, was under-used, but very likable. But again, he would have been out of place in the later seasons, especially if they had kept treating him the way they did in earlier seasons, although I think he'd fit the most if he had stayed. Frank was a good comedic character, but was too one-dimensional for the dramatic side that the later seasons took. Could anybody see Frank doing anything meaningful or worthy of a drama episode? If they had taken his character into a dramatic dirction, they would have changed his character too much, ruining what the character was. And Radar was great for the time he was on. But how long could have stayed the naive childish character that he was? He was already starting to change by the time he left. The replacement characters were more fit for the direction taken later on, being more flexible, and having more depth, so that they could do both comedy and drama with the characters whenever they wanted.

Was the show perfect? No it wasn't. It had many problems throughout the series. Some of the jokes were repeated too often. Sometimes there were episodes that duplicated something that another episode did before it. Sometimes the comedy and drama could get really silly and cringe-worthy. But taken as a whole, the good things in the series FAR out way the bad things.

Some people might believe that some seasons are worse than others, and some may even say that it should have ended a few seasons earlier, and I respect, and even understand their reasons for saying this. But for me, the fact that it lasted 11 seasons benefitted the series because it gave a full view on war, and its various aspects. I don't think it could have gone on any longer, but at the same time I wouldn't have had it go off even one season earlier. This series, even with the flaws listed above, is one of the best shows I've ever seen because of how far it had gone.
  • The story of a group of surgeons in a M*A*S*H* unit in Korea during the Korean conflict, told from the perspective of several very unmilitary doctors.

To call M*A*S*H* a comedy is to categorize it in a way that is impossible. M*A*S*H* covers everything, from drama, to comedy, to heartbreak, to pure joy. M*A*S*H* innovated on many levels, with new and revisited techniques (an episode in real time, episodes in b&w, episodes without a laugh track).
  • It has everything.

This show will always remind me of my childhood. I remember staying up till 3am to watch this when it would run as the last show before the station shut down for the night.

The best part about this show was that no matter what type of show you watched, drama, comedy, action, etc, this show had it. They had pranks played to blow off steam. They had fights. They had jeeps getting shot at.

And the characters. The characters were brought to life in ways that I couldn't even begin to understand back then. You laughed with them, you cried with them.

I almost had to stop watching the finale when I saw it because it became so emotionally charged.

Watch this show if you haven't already, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

• M*A*S*H was set in South Korea, near Seoul, during the Korean War. The series focused on the group of doctors and nurses whose job was to heal the wounded who arrived at this "Mobile Army Surgical Hospital" by helicopter, ambulance or bus.

M*A*S*H was a true ensemble series, and became one of the most celebrated television series in the history of the medium. In many ways, the series set the standard for some of the best programming to appear later. The show used multiple plot lines in half-hour episodes, usually with at least one story in the comedic vein and another dramatic. The most striking technical aspect of the series is found in its aggressively cinematic visual style. M*A*S*H was one of the most innovative sitcoms of the 1970s and 1980s. Its stylistic flair and narrative mix drew critical acclaim, while the solid writing and vitally drawn characters helped the series maintain high ratings. The true popularity of M*A*S*H can still be seen, for the series is one of the most widely syndicated series throughout the world. Despite the historical setting, the characters and issues in this series remain fresh, funny and compelling in ways that continue to stand as excellent television.
  • A show that had many themes and did all of them very well!

It has been said by more than a few television critics that the 70's were the golden era for comedies. If this is true, MASH was a big part of that comedic renaissance. Mixing comedy with touches of drama, the show had a cast of virtual unknowns when it debuted in the early 70's. Although it was slow to build an audience, people grew attached to the wide range characters in the show. From the zany antics of Hawkeye Pierce, portrayed by actor Alan Alda, to the prudishness of Frank Burns, played by the late Larry Linville, this was a show that succeeded in showing the daily workings of a MASH unit during the Korean conflict of the 1950's. For myself, many of the episodes of the first three seasons are some of the funniest shows ever broadcast on TV. ' Tuttle ', ' Five O'Clock Charlie ', ' Sometimes You Hear the Bullet ' and ' Abyssinia Henry ' are the episodes that I never tire of watching again and again.

However, this series did start to detoriate somewhat as the years passed and the writers changed. For myself, the comedic spark that was a big part of MASH seemed to fade away almost completely with each successive year. There was the odd episode that seemed to resonate with a blend of comedy or drama but the majority were largely dramatic, even preachy, as an anti war message seemed to be a repeating theme in the last few seasons.

Despite this, I still think MASH was one show that is truly an icon of the television age. With tremendous acting, phenomenal writing and a depth that is rarely, if ever, seen on TV shows these days, it deserves the reputation of being one of the best shows ever!
  • Inspired by the film of the same name, M*A*S*H (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital) was an American television series about a team of medical professionals and support staff stationed at MASH 4077 in Korea during the Korean War.

Inspired by the film of the same name, M*A*S*H (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital) was an American television series about a team of medical professionals and support staff stationed at MASH 4077 in Korea during the Korean War. The series originally aired on CBS from September 17, 1972 to February 28, 1983, but can still be seen in syndication. The series spanned 251 episodes and lasted longer than the war which served as its setting.

Behind the scenes, those most involved with the show were Larry Gelbart, Gene Reynolds, and Burt Metcalfe.

Much like the movie, it combined elements of comedy with a darker antiwar message. Many of the stories in the early seasons were based on real-life tales told by hundreds of real-life M*A*S*H surgeons, interviewed by the production team. Some said the series seemed to be more about the Vietnam War, given the attitudes of the characters, than the Korean War. The show's producers have said that the movie was really about war in general.

Originally intended as an ensemble show, M*A*S*H became increasingly centered around Alan Alda's character, Hawkeye Pierce. Alda wrote and directed some of the most emotional and award-winning episodes.

The show's tone changed over the years. Initially, it placed most of its emphasis on the "zany" elements, but later focused on more serious topics and character development; however, both the serious and the comedic sides were present throughout. Eventually much of the audience felt that the story lines became stale and the comedy dulled, though the show remained in the top of the ratings. Alda and his fellow actors voted to end the series with the tenth season, but CBS and 20th Century Fox offered the actors a shortened eleventh season, permitting an opportunity for the show to have a grand finale.

The series had three spin-offs, the short-lived AfterMASH, which featured several of the show's characters reunited in a midwestern hospital after the war, a more successful Trapper John, M.D., and a television movie W*A*L*T*E*R, in which Walter "Radar" O'Reilly joins the police force.
  • This was one of the best shows on tv ever.

M*A*S*H is an example of a show that has the perfect blend of comedy and drama. The show went through many cast members in its run, but they always seemed to bring something new with them. I guess this is what kept the show fresh for eleven years. It would make you laugh and cry in almost every episode. There was someone in the 4077th that someone could relate to. It was always surprising. Whenever they killed Commander Henry Blake as he was leaving it shocked TV viewers everywhere. It was just another look into the harshness of war. It was a great show and fans still love it. Its re-runs are shown just about every night so more people can come to love this great show.
  • My opinion about a few of the characters and the show itself.

I can never really decide which are my favorite episodes, the early seasons with Trapper and Henry or the later seasons with B.J. and Colonel Potter. Also, I can never really decide which character is the funniest out of Frank or Charles. They each have their fine moments, but also, they each have their own way of being funny. My all-time favorite episode has to be the final episode. The last time I watched it, I had a lump in my throat when the last chopper carrying Hawkeye was lifting off the ground and Hawkeye saw the message that B.J. had left him. Also, let\'s not forget the hilarity that one Lt. Col./Colonel Sam Flagg brought along with him. He never got one case right which makes you think how could he have achieved his high rank. This show is undoubtedly one of the best old-time shows out there. I only wish I could have been born in the 60\'s so I could have watched M*A*S*H from the start. I\'m guessing it might have been more fun and exciting that way.
  • Ground Breaking

M*A*S*H has always been a favorite of mine. Im a bit young to have watched it when it came on in the 70\'s but i\'ve always caught up with the adventures of Hawkeye and Hotlips in re-runs.

M*A*S*H was ground breaking when it first hi the screens in the earley seventies and has remained popular to this day.

And why not? Likable characters, interesting storylines and always the right balance of humour and drama to entertain.

Its no wonder that this formulae made M*A*S*H one the most popular television shows of all time and its finale was the most watched ever. Evan to this day it remains unbeaten.

M*A*S*H centered on a much glossed over war, the Korian conflict of the early fifties. Instead of going for much overdone WW II this ensured that there could be a fresh view on the sitcom. (not that a war sitcom had been done before)

Characters cme and went but they always kept the same successfull formulae. You never felt like a stranger but more a part of an extended family. You liked no character more than another you just liked them for different reasons.
  • I know a lot of people like this, but I don't like it.

I know a lot of people like this, but I don't like it. It is not even funny. I can't believe that my little cousin (17) has been watching this and buying the dvds. This is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. I don't know how it got past one season.
  • Two Shows in One

M*A*S*H was a tremendous effort, and remains as viable and entertaining so many years later as it was during the heart of its run. No other show has really survived as many changes as well as M*A*S*H did; they lost loved characters such as Trapper, Col. Blake, and Frank Burns, yet replaced them with equally memorable and loveable characters, and went through a complete metamorphosis after Alan Alda began to take greater control of the show, dealing with more serious and dramatic issues while diminishing the sitcom elements of the show. These dramatic influences were always evident since the beginning of the show, such as the stark surgery scenes always performed without the laugh track and the frank discussions of the horrors of war, but the show became a true "Dramedy" as the seasons wore on. The only casting changes that seemed to be net losses were the replacing of Frank Burns with Charles Winchester, whose snide demenaor never meshed as well with the cast as Burns' bumbling idiocy did, and the loss of Radar O'Reilly near the end of the series. Radar's departure, who was always one of my favorite characters, hurt the show but Jamie Farr stepped up and did an admirable job in his enhanced role.

Few other shows could have survived such drastic changes, but M*A*S*H weathered the storm brilliantly. While I have always preferred the earlier seasons to the final ones, this is in no doubt due to my partiality for comedy over drama, but regardless of where a particular episode will place within the show's timeline it will be enjoyable.
  • Wow! what a show. evolves from comedy to drama but still has "it" the whole time. Always considered one of the top shows of all-time

This show starts out as an all out sitcom for 3 seasons with drama, the perfect mix of drama, and comedy. From the 4th season on, it became 50/50 comedy and drama, and grew more towards drama. The characters are incredible. Some of the best acting. I will own all the DVD season eventually. This show has a famous episode at the end of the 3rd season and the last one, which is the single most watched event in TV history. CLASSIC! MUST-SEE! Always considered one of the top shows of all-time.
  • The perfect mix of comedy and drama.

M*A*S*H can be one of the funniest shows at times and at the same time can be really sad. This is what makes it so great. My favourite 'era' of the show was in the early days when Trapper and Henry. With Hawkeye and Trapper constantly pulling pranks on Frank and 'Hotlips,' Henry having the latter two always going over his head and many other things always made you laugh. I didn't like the later seasons quite as much because it didn't have any laughter at all and by then it was basically a drama. I still thought it was great show though, just little bit, and not as good as it used to be. The thing about M*A*S*H that made it different than a lot of shows is that; you really get drawn into the characters. In full, M*A*S*H was an amazing show.
  • The best comedy show I've ever seen.

The idea of creating a serie which is situated in a war, where surgeons have to do many operations under the worst conditions and yet they don't lose their sense of humour, was brilliant. The elaboration was even better. Fantastic actors leaded by Alan Alda expressed joy, fear, sadness and sometimes madness :-) There aren't many series whose every episode made you think about life, about how are you happy that you have things they didn't (like freedom) but still the same episode made you pee your pants from laughing out loud ;-) I love their intelligent humour and the manner their present the primitive one.
  • A very classical storie of how a every day doctor or surgen fills like you can fill how they do on that show or in real life.You have to fill sorry for them they have to save the soldiers life then a day or so later the soldier is back in a worse codtion.

Like I said up there its a very classical storie of how a every day doctor or surgen fills like you can fill how they do on the show or in real life.You have to fill sorry for them they have to save the soldiers life then a day or so later the soldier is back in a worse codtion.I fill sorry for them I realy do I could not be in there codition or situation there thik about it why they joke around and laugh all the time its because they whatch people every day come and go some don't get so lucky.
  • From slapstick to dramedy to pat formula, much of it brilliant...

A groundbreaking show that evolved through it's many years, from the slapsticky humor at the beginning borrowing generously from the motion picture, to the perfect balance of humor and pathos in the BJ/Potter/Burns years, to the drawn out last years as a glorified "buddy" show where there are really no antagonists (even Charles went right along with almost every wacky caper they were engaged in near the end), which robbed the series of its energy and bite. Also, the increased liberalism through the years - while it was a noble calling, and it helped establish the anti-war sentiment that is now ingrained in a part of our culture - did get heavy-handed, even to a pseudo tree-hugger like me. All that said, the best of this series ranks with the best that the medium has and will ever offer, and a little surprisingly, has aged very gracefully.
  • This show was great back in the 1970s and today it still is!

I love the show M*A*S*H. Even my dad likes it. We both watch it on TV Land (same as The Andy Griffith Show). It ran from 1972 to 1983. It's sad that they don't make new episodes, but at least they still show reruns on TV Land (that's what I told you earlier), FOX 29 (the channel that shows The Simpsons and Family Guy), and the Hallmark Channel. This show was funny and hilarious. The actors Alan Alda, Harry Morgan and David Ogden Stiers did great in the series, even in the earlier seasons. This show is great, but the sequel AfterMASH was a ripoff!
  • M*A*S*H is one of my favorite tv shows, even though it had been off the air for quite a few years when I started to watch it. Every episode that I watched of this classic show made me laugh until my sides hurt, along with feeling for the characters too.

Ever since I saw my first episode, I was hooked. Radar, BJ and the rest of the gang have kept in stitches for some time now and I don't regret one single minute of it. The humor and friendship between the cast was evident from the start. That's partially what made this show so good, along with the plotlines themselves.

They ended each episode with a moral of some sort, a type of thing that sadly seems to be missing from todays' tv shows. Sure each show had its' funny parts, but it also had its' share of drama as well. Not the heavy-handed type either, just regular, no-nonsense drama -- during any serious scenes, both in the operating room and out of it as well. The cast itself was top notch, good actors and actresses through and through. They did a very good job acting in each and every episode. Even Frank Burns (Larry Linville) was good as well. I laughed each and every time that he came on screen. He was very good at playing such a neurotic, loony tune of a character. Class act, and a classicly trained actor as well, may he rest in peace.

My favorite episode was the one where they all played practical jokes on each other -- it was just full of impeccable timing, both of the serious variety and of the comedic variety too.

This show never ceases to amaze me, each and every time that I watch an episode. The episodes are still as timely (for the most part) now as they were when they first were aired. Hopefully, people will continue to pass it on and let their kids watch the show along with them.

Like I said before, once I started watching the show myself, I got hooked from there. I'm a faithful M*A*S*H fan, and hopefully many, many more people will follow suit and start watching this wonderful, emotional and funny classic tv show.
  • I absolutely loved, and still love, MASH.

I grew up watching M*A*S*H, and now, my 7 year-old son can't get enough of it, either. I know it's not, typically, the type of material "suitable" for young children.. But, it was such a trend-setter, for shows to come, like: ER, Grey's Anatomy, Heartland, etc.
    Besides the great story-lines, of which the entire series was made with, the personal, and professional chemistry between the actors, and even their characters, was absolutely amazing. I remember coming home, and HAVING to watch MASH, when i got home from school. Even now, grown up, I still catch episodes, at least once a day.
    I wish there was a way to copy what the entire series contained, but i know there will never be something as well-put together as MASH was.
  • M*A*S*H showed what life was not only like for the soldiers and civilians but for the lives of the people that they had back in the US and around the world.

Absolutely wonderful series. Not only does it show a little bit of history and how a Military Hospital coped during a war, but also poked a little fun at it. What a great show. My favorite characters were: Radar (for his emotions), Col. Potter (for all of what he had left to give) and Klinger, for his persistence.
  • M*A*S*H is one of the best shows i have ever seen, im glad they still air it on hallmark channel (53) on WOW from 5-7pm (est)

M*A*S*H has been one of the greatest shows ever. if i had a choice between CSI, Law and Order, or mash, i would have to choose mash, even though both of those other shows are very good, mash is a classic. I have never read the book(s), but if u havent already i have seen the movie that started the series and suggest you try to see it if possible. If you already havent i suggest buying the DVD set as well. This is a review of the mash series, book, and movie. I hope you enjouyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it.
  • It showed both the seriousness of being in the war and the lesser seen fun of being in the war.

This is a phenomenal show because it showed both the seriousness and fun of being in the war very well. The stories be they serious, comical or both are done very well. All of the characters are memorable and intriguing. But its not all fun and games or war-seriousness they have their own personal dilemmas. All in all this is one of my favourite shows and I recommend you watch it.
  • The show deals with a group of doctors during the Korean War and their efforts to stay sane in the midst of an enormous insanity.

I do not say this lightly. This is the BEST TV show of all times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no other words to describe the show. There is good TV, bad TV, smart TV, stupid TV, etc. And then there is MASH. I've met plenty of people that say they dislike the show. It always turns out that they did not really watch it. I give them my DVD set and bet them to watch it and they fall in love. This show represents the best of television.
1 2 3 4 5