M*A*S*H

CBS (ended 1983)

fireballil

M*A*S*H Fan Reviews (138)

• MASH is a wonderful show in which I would recommend to anyone!

Personally, I love Mash. It is hilarious with the comedy stylings of Alan Alda, Larry Linville, Wayne Rogers, Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit, and Jamie Farr. It is a laugh out loud comedy in which I never get tired of watching the re-runs! If you haven't watched MASH before, watch it!
  • This was a really long war

M*A*S*H was a great show. Even though they did not have the time line of the war correct. It ended a bit sooner than the Tv show would have you believe. But other than that I love the Show. I started watching it with my Dad. Even though there was very few characters that lasted all the years, the folks that replaced them where so good that it did not matter much. I do like that once they left they were remebered. They would every now and again talk about the old cast members. Even the Flash back episodes that i get really tired of seeing in most shows are done really welly on M*A*S*H. I believe that so many shows would not be here today if it was not for M*A*S*H, one i am sure that would not have happened was afterM*A*S*H.

"Quote Nevermore"
  • A family favorite!

This is a TV show that my whole family would gather around the TV to watch. Yep. That was back when we only had the one tv in the family room. My Dad would tell us all the things that were incorrect with the 'war' shots as he was a veteren of the war and my Mom would make popcorn for us.
    This show was really great because as I grew up I also grew to understand the humor in different ways.
    To understand the dimensions of the stories that were being told and the humor that was being laid out. I think it is amazing that a show that has this many levels could last as long as it did and was so successful.
    There was some character growth between Hawkeye and Trapper John and then BJ and we as a nation of fans saw it. It was wonderful. We were there.
    This was a Classic!
  • M*A*S*H is one of my other favorite.

M*A*S*H is one of the best shows ever it shows what life in Korea during those times might look like and may have the same problems. My favorite character is Captain Hawkeye Pierce. He is a pratical jokester and loves to make fun of Major Frank Burns. Along with Hawkeye, Captain Trapper and Captain Honeycutt make fun of Frank too.
  • One of the best shows of all time!

This is my absolute favorite show ever. Its a perfect combination of comedy and drama. From the very first to the very last episode it is absolutely hilarious, yet it contains a very serious message. Even though as the series went on many of the original cast members left, the show still managed to remain great. Every time a character left the show I thought that it wouldn't be as good, but the replacement characters are just as good. I grew up long after this show was originally on the air, so i have watched it on re-runs and dvd. The show is not out dated at all, and is still funny to people of a whole different era. Overall, this show is definitely a great show.
  • A wonderful show.

The creative team behind "M*A*S*H" brought a perfect blend of comedy and pathos to the small screen. The first three seasons were pure comedic gold, with the characters of Lt. Colonel Henry Blake and "Trapper" John McIntyre, who both left at the end of the third season.
    With the introduction of Colonel Potter and B.J. Hunnicut, the show took a more somber tone, which still managed to be incredibly funny. At this point, the show had evolved into a wonderful mix of laughter and drama.
    Then, Major Frank Burns left the show at the end of the fifth season, and with the induction of Major Charles Winchester, the show managed to keep its laughter and drama balanced.
    However, with the exit of Radar O'Reilly, the comedy was lost, and drama took over until the final episode, which still holds the record for the most-watched television event.

In summation, I highly recommend the first five seasons of the show. The rest are also incredibly good. This was a ground-breaking television show, and it holds a prominent position in TV history.
  • The best show ever made.. M*A*S*H

The best show ever made hands down has to be M*A*S*H, you can not achieve perfection, but you can not come any closer to it then M*A*S*H. It is 11 seasons of none stop laughs and great television. The great Alan Alda was the perfect person for Hawkeye. You will love M*A*S*H 4077!
  • Probably one of the best sitcoms ever made. The many cast changes during its 11 year run did not hurt one bit to its popularity. M*A*S*H is one of the all-time classic shows and is still enjoyed by many today.

A smart and witty show that combined comedy and drama in its episodes, M*A*S*H is a well written and acted show. It can definatly be called a classic in today's world. The series just kept getting better during its run, but its best seasons were 1977-1979, while Charles and Radar were around. Even though I love the show, I felt the last 2-3 seasons were a little boring and always had a meaning in the end. M*A*S*H ended well too. People say how well Happy Days was, but when you see how it went in its last 2-3 seasons, it steeply fell. M*A*S*H on the other hand, seemed like it was getting better, while nearing the end of its run. M*A*S*H was ranked #3 in the ratings in its last season (finishing on a high), while Happy Days was not even in the Top 30, M*A*S*H was always consistanly good.
  • Favorite show ever. Happy Days comes close but does not come close to MASH. Hawkeye`s jokes were all classics.

Favorite show of all time. Hawkeye`s jokes were all classics. There will never be another Hawkeye pierce. I loved the original cast. Trapper was so funny. Frank and hotlips were perfect for each other. I allwys liked Radar. Klinger was so good on that show. Hengry`s farewell was great and sad.
  • Mash is a show about doctors traped in the Korean War. They try to make the best of it by getting drunk and pulling pranks on each other. It is not a typical war show by any means. It is incredibly funny.

Mash is an absolutely amazing show. Between the puns, the pranks, and the random heart felt messages, it is truley my favorite tv show. I would recomend this show to anyone and everyone. It is fun and easy to watch and does not take effort to follow like some of the newer shows. It is a great show to watch late at night when you are just looking to sit back and relax.
  • I love this show I watch on T.V everyday.I've seen all the reruns like a million times.Yet,I still love it.

A show about a station of nurses in the middle of the war, in Korea. There are two best friends, the pushy woman nurse, one male who wants to leave the army and will try ANYTHING to get out of the army legally.It's soo funny.I could watch the reruns a million time.
  • great war show that provided comic relief but also showed how war affects people.

M*A*S*H was a great show that involved the war and showed how the war affected peoples lives, but it also brought in humor through the doctors and nurses who lived at te 4077th MASH unit. The episodes were very well done and the actors were amazing. I'm glad they still show reruns on the Hallmark channel!
  • The show follows a group of a medical personnel during the Korean War. Although many of the events refer to the Korean War, the show is actually in many ways a commentary on the Vietnam War.

Groundbreaking in many ways, and brilliantly funny. Many people say that they do not like this show, but that is probably because they have not actually watched the show enough to give it a chance. Either that, or they do not like good television. The show is everything that a movie of Catch-22 could have been, and that is one the biggest compliments that I can give it. Whether funny or serious, this show was just able to pull it all off. One of the greatest ever.
  • M*A*S*H TV Show thoughts

I have been interested in old TV shows for quite a while. M*A*S*H is one of my favorites. I used to watch it and the episodes didn't really mean anything to me, but now with the war and all I can find some of the episodes still relevent and have even cried during some of the episodes thinking about all the resent soldiers that have died and how the war efects all people involved. (one of my favorite episodes is "The Reunion") Most of the war movies I have seen have been about the brave soldiers. I like M*A*S*H because it shows a side of war that most people don't see and don't normally think of. Most people forget about the brave doctors and other noncombat people who also can be heros in a war. I also like M*A*S*H because it isn't all serious and shows that sometimes laughter is all that is needed to make a bad situation better.
  • Fantastic show except for all the goofs and flubs

M*A*S*H was a wonderfully funny movie and is one of the few shows to transition itself to TV and be quite successful. The first couple of years, M*A*S*H was at the top of it's game. There were more then just the occasional flubs in the plot line including such dandys as Col. Blakes wife's name changing from Mildred to Louise, The fact that the Korean Conflict was Hawkeye's second war but yet he was a draftee doctor for the Korean conflict. The fact that Col. Blake in 1952 but yet Col. Potter was there to celebrate New Year 1951. Of course my all time favorite, Hawkeye in one epsidoe receiving a sweater from his sister and asking his Dad to say "Hi to Mom and Sister" but later in the series stating he was an only child and his mother died while he was a child.
  • army clacssic. starring american funnyman in korea. one of the best shows ever made if you ask me.

greatest. i watch this show every evening. it is worth it. i just love how co. potter runs the place. he gets things done without ever shouting an order. and how theese people stay on the verge of crazy but yet stay sane.its both hysterical and touching.( @ some times.) television classic if you ask me
    Ekenkade

• .

I watched MASH with my father. I didn't understand most of it, but my dad sure did. He laughed so hard, that I laughed. As I got older, I started to understand the jokes and realized what was so funny. It was witty, smart and a little crazy. I saulute you MASH.
  • MASH is just that, classic it about the people of the 4077th and about the Korean War. It mixed drama and comedy very well and it an show to watch to see how they could live in the war and work together to stay alive and also make people laugh.

The show takes place during the Korean War and overall it's an good mix of drama and comedy. The charaters are so belevialbe that you could be there them through the war as they make people laugh and cry at the same time. The script written was superb and an all time great it's get an 9.5 out of 10
  • Mash 4077

This is one of the best tv shows in history, I have all the seasons and I love the show its like a dream. the best show untill Lost can around. I just can't get anough of the Mash 4077 unit. I love them all my favorite is Radar.

Could you please bring it back maybe the newer generation will love it or hate it.

The only bad thing about the show was one episode where a reporter does a interview about the Mash 4077 and thats the whole episode I don't really like that episode. It made me no want to watch Mash and well its thats going to happens I know that I was very sick or just fell asleep. Either way I love the show and PLEASE bring it back.
  • More people need to appreciate a show this great!

I recently watched the MASH DVD's from seasons 1 to 6 and I was blown away by the raw emotion and humour. Hawkeye is easily my favourite character as well as Trapper who I was sad to see go. However BJ is a great addition to the show as well. MASH is underappreciated by many people and is one of the few shows that will last forever in the hearts and minds of everyone.
  • Wicked Old School

It may have been before my time but the reruns make it almost like its still new. Theres always an episode on that you never realised you hadn't seen. Always a laugh but always a message too! Definitely one not to miss but I still dont think I have ever seen the very first episode!
  • I loved M*A*S*H. I have been watching it since it first started. I liked Hot Lips played by Loretta Swit because she is one of my favorite characters in the show.

M*A*S*H was a true ensemble series. Whilst characters such as Kellye, Igor, Rizzo, Goldman and Ginger are listed where they appear as specific characters central to the plot, they also appeared regularly as non-speaking cast members. This is also true of many of the nurses, corpsmen, orderlies and drivers listed as guest stars.

For years the main characters have remained in the story. Others came and went sometimes for short periods and sometimes for many episodes.

They helped to make the story more exciting.
    Some of the main chracters were Hawkeye, Hot Lips, Klinger, Father John and Henry.

Each episode was a story on its own but it formed part of the whole story.
  • Absolutely Fantastic, and has set the bar for every comedy since

Who would have thought that a small, paperback novel could have led to all this.

A movie that broke all records including using the "F" word for the first time in a film

A series that ran for a record 11 years

Characters loved by millions all over the world

MASH is a classic, and i believe it will be loved by generations to come. many of the jokes and ideals still hold today, and are just as funny. We may not get all the celebrity references, but we get the gist of it.

Fave MASH Quote: "I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got thrown into this war I had a clear understanding with the Pentagon: no guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun!"

Hawkeye Pierce in "Officer of the Day"
  • Classic war humor

MASH the series, even though fashioned from the MOVIE, both were really born from the Hilarious Classic about the insanities of military intellegence in time of war, CATCH 22.

Many watchers were no doubt former military or spouses and children of those who served.

The ensemble which carried this series into our homes every week were superb. Both Mike and Alan were so committed to the Acting arts would practice their scenes even after the scene was "in the can."

Simply wonderful and a humorous relief from the horrors of battle fatigue and death.
  • the best show ever!!!

i love this show. every episode hawk guy or bj will make you laugh. even somtimes both of them work togeth and make me laugh. the pranks everybody they pull can be the funniest jokes in the book. larry linville "frank" plays such an idiot. he is defidently a ferret face. margrate has such a high temper its not funny. this show is great even though it really didnt show what it was like in the koren war.
  • Best Show Ever!

• One of the All time Greatest

M*A*S*H was a show that had many funny moments, but it never ignored the fact that there was a war going on so we were given the right amount of drama too.

The writing was consistently brilliant, with there being a wide range of stories and jokes told. The characters were all wonderful iin their own way from The uptight Frank Burns to the bizzare Max Klinger who just wanted to get out of the army.

It hard to find a show that I can compare to it. It is incredibly original.

Amazingly this show lasted 11 years, while the Korean war itself lasted only 2.
  • Before my time but sooo funny.

This show is something my dad and I watched everySaturday a few years ago and now we own the DVD sets. The show is so funny, even to me as a teenager. The show was so orginal for its time and added in some comic relief into peoples daily life. Alan Alda was spectacular in the show.
  • good rewiew of the american society during the seventies and early eighties.

First: You get familiar with the caracters and their develpment over the years. Second: I´ts intresting to se hove the focus of the serie changes with the changes of the society over the years. Third its interesting to se the development of MASH due to different writers and directors. Last after some twenty episodes Allan Alda now is a "member" of our family.
  • "i think M.A.S.H was a-okay"

If M.A.S.H was'nt on basic Cable, life would have sucked for me. My dad used to watch it when ever it was on. I rember seeing all through my life on T.V. it was'nt bad to watch when i was bord of other basic cable channels i say this is a 10 for classic!.
< 1 2 3 4 5