M*A*S*H

CBS (ended 1983)

fireballil

M*A*S*H Fan Reviews (138)

• A real gem

This is a show that dramatically changed the landscape of television. It looks at the atrocities and hardships of war as well as the generosity of the human heart. It is truly a seriocomic television show, something that is rare. Based off of an award winning movie this show had more heart and more soul than any other that I've ever seen. I grew up watching it with my father and still watch it to this day. The fact that you can still watch it on tv for upwards of six hours 5 days a week between the different channels is proof positive that this show is a real winner. Following the lives of a M*A*S*H unit allows the show to focus not just on the horrors of war, though there is plenty of that, but also on the doctors and nurses who do real good. A political commentary on the Vietnam War (even though it took place during the Korean War), this show makes me both laugh out loud and cry, managing to make me do both with some episodes. There has never been another show like it. It had a truly profound impact on American tv and its social commentary is strong without being cheesey. In my opinion it is the best show on tv.