M*A*S*H

CBS (ended 1983)

fireballil

M*A*S*H Fan Reviews (138)

• A group of surgeons, nurses and army men find comfort, laughs and lessons to learn in each other during the devastating Korean War. Very funny as well.

I don't even know where to start. I began watching it quite a few years ago when my brother bought the sixth season. Not the right place to start I know, but I was hooked from the first episode. I fell in love with Hawkeye immediately - with his wit, his character development and his dedication to his job. B.J. was an incredible character as well. Frank has to be one of the funniest characters that I've ever watched on television and Henry Blake was entertaining and endearing. I'm not one who felt that the show died after it changed a few of its characters. I loved Charles almost as much as Frank and I probably liked Colonel Potter better than Henry. I was never a fan of Trapper so B.J was a welcome addition. Margaret never failed to annoy me during the earlier seasons, but I love where they took her character after Frank's departure and by the end she was a favourite. The smaller characters were always a riot as well. Radar was such a sweetie and I was sad to see him go. Klinger, in or out of a dress, was a character the likes of which we will never see again. I really appreciated Father Mulcahey's character as well. The storylines ranged from downright farcical to very moving. They never failed to make me laugh and cry and just smile at characters that I came to know so well.