M*A*S*H

Tuttle

Aired Unknown Jan 14, 1973 on CBS

• Who knew tuttle led such a great life?

I just saw this episode recently for what seemed like the millionth time, and the story of Captain Jonathan Tuttle who went to Berinish Poytechnic university never gets old and it never loses its charm!
    Hawkeye creates Tuttle (an imaginary friend he had as a kid) and manages to get all of of his back pay given to the orphanage. This is Classic Hawkeye at his best.
    Its amazing how Hawkeye, Trapper and Radar managed to pull off such an insane stunt without anyone in the camp or even General Clayton being able to figure it out.

One of the best episodes of M*A*S*H!
  • My how funny this one was, i could watch it over and over

This one was one of the best Ive seen (which isn't many) The humour had me laughing, and the plot was cleverly constructed. It had me laughing hard. I found MASH ok before I saw this episode, but now It has moved up my ladder. This episode certainly did not disappoint. America stops to remember a brave hero who never existed.
  • One of the funniest episodes, ever.

This is one of the craziest episodes of the entire series and exemplifies the first few seasons of the show. It's fun to watch how a simple little fib explodes to unheard of proportions needed to keep from exposing the fake, until the big bomb at the end. This episode shows Hawkeye and Trapper's craftiness and imagination at it's peak.
  • One of the best episodes of the series...!

This episode shows why viewers grew to love and avidly watch MASH. Hawkeye, thumbing his nose at the army bureaucracy, invents a phantom officer, Captain Tuttle, to make it easy to provide goods to a local orphanage.

The rest of the episode is fascinating to watch as other people, unaware of Tuttle's nonexistence, pretend to know him and so forth. Finally, when it looks like Hawkeye's fibs are about to be exposed, he pulls the proverbial rabbit out of a hat. Don't miss Hawkeye's hilarious speech at the end....a very funny scene.

This episode is one of the true high points of the series as it showcases the comedic genius of Alan Alda and the others in this wonderful show.

Highly recommended!