M.A.S.K.

(ended 1986)

M.A.S.K. Fan Reviews (11)

• Secret team of specialists use special vehicles that convert to another vehicle.

I've rediscovered this fantastic series. It was a good original idea. Some early 80s cartoons were horrible (I'm looking at you He-Man). They relied on constant stock footage and reusing the same animation. That or the acting was bland (He-Man again). MASK was different and a cool concept.

A group of individuals fight an evil terrorist organization know as VENOM. The group have regular day jobs (GI Joes did not). But at any moment they may be called into action. They drop what ever they are doing (making a pizza, fixing a car, in a meeting, etc) and just leave to stop the bad guys. They use helmets with special powers that can do things like make a hologram or shoot fire. They all drive different vehicles that can turn into a new vehicle. The Thunderhawk turned from a car to a plane, a motorbike turned into a helicopter.

The show was well acted and had good toys that actually looked like the show. What you saw on the show was what you got in the toy.

I'd love to see them revamp this classic toy and remake a new version of it.