M.A.S.K.

(ended 1986)

M.A.S.K. Fan Reviews (11)

• One of the best and most underrated cartoon of the 80's and one of my all-time favourites.

A mixture of Transformers and GI Joe, MASK was thoroughly entertaining to watch. Each episode featured a plot by Miles Mayhem and VENOM to take over the world, steal valuable treasures or commit acts of terrorism. MASK leader Matt Trakker would then call in other MASK agents from their every-day civillian jobs and with the aid of their advanced combat vehichles and masks that shoot lasers or allow the abillity to phase, thwart VENOM's plans.

The animation in most episodes ranged from well animated to poorly animated, but this 80's classic remains my all-time favourite. Everytime i hear the MASK theme, i get a huge tweak of nostalgia, even from the days when i was a wide-eyed 5-year old watching Thunderhawk take off or Bruce Sato use his Lifter mask. They don't make them like this anymore!

I was lucky to purchase the first 38 episodes of Season 1 on DVD recently, and the nostalgia is flooding back. Roll on volume 2!