TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

MasterChef Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Season 3

MajLorne

[21]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 21

Finally the hiatus is over. So David is finally gone. I am a bit disappointed in Frank for throwing Josh under the bus like that, when he practically gave Josh his endorsement.* I sense a bitter feud from b/w them. He better hope there are no more team challenges if they both make it to top 4. That was very nice of Gram to give David a job at one of his restaurants. Lol, I hope David doesn't 'burn the place down' like he almost did in Tuesday's episode.

*I honestly don't blame Frank for taking the free pass, but he shouldn't have lead Josh on like that. He should've just said 'Josh and David were to blame for the loss' instead of complimenting him and then taking the pass.

Edited on 08/17/2012 9:29am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drudager

[22]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 13
    I made a Top 6 thread No worries, tho. At this stage, if you get a free pass, you take it. Hell I would always take the free pass. I think Frank did what he did because he knew David was a joke & that he could out-cook Josh. From what I've seen, I think Josh is the next to go unless some epic disasters happen and they'll have to be REALLY bad otherwise there's no way Christine, Monti, Frank or Becky are going home yet. Tho if I had to guess the Top 3 based on for a stupid TV ratings grab, it will be Monti, Christine & Frank. I think Becky should win but I can see how the producers & people would find her "little Miss Obnoxious Perfect" annoying. Tho Monti is a sailor in a chick's body.

drudager

[23]Aug 21, 2012
    Monti finally gone. Really thought it was Josh's time. So I guess it's true that chefs like arrogance & cockiness mistakes over clueless ones. Once again: they should just crown Christine since they obviously love her. I'm rooting for Becky all the way. They did tear her down & build Christine up just for some typical phony baloney Fox drama. You should have seen the Twitter comments for Christine. It was truly diabetic-inducing.

MajLorne

[24]Aug 26, 2012
    Yeah I like Monti, but she was skating on thin ice. I still don't see why they needed to call Becky down just to have 3 bottom dishes. Man, you'd think the people that has all the advantages, but screws up should be the ones to go... I certainly don't get it. But at the rate Josh is doing now, I think he's gonna be next to go unless he and Frank (lol, that's gotta suck teaming up since the top 6 ep) wins that team challenge.

I like Christine as besides the blindness drama maxed out to 1000%, she isn't arrogant as the others are and I prefer ppl that aren't total self absorbed asswipes. That said, I won't be surprised the final 2 comes down to Frank and Becky. Top2, I don't think it's fair for any assistance at all. lol, I'm glad I don't read twitter, I don't want to imagine what was said.

drudager

[25]Aug 28, 2012

They basically said Christine was the biggest inspiration in the history of inspiration. Full of weeping, too.

So now Becky & Christine is in the Top 3. Of course. Frank & Josh pinned to make 3 souffles which apparently is impossible. I couldn't imagine making desserts so complicated to the point of stupid. Hell I'd be happy with chocolate pudding & whipped cream. Funny, all 6 souffles rose & look fine. Has MasterChef ever had a testing where it was a clean sweep? Couldn't have all 3 like one guy's souffles. No, because that way they couldn't drag it out & pull the commercial break stunt in there, too. I think the people who run Fox network suck.

And more phony baloney drama. Frank goes home. Gee, the same guy who took (rightfully) his own immunity over Josh ends up losing to him. Figures that this episode was full of Frank footage. Frank overall was clearly a Top 2. Logically now it should be Becky's to lose. Josh doesn't have the same level of finesse or cooking & Christine can only go so far. Unless it's some Fox gimmick to have Christine win & publish half of the cookbook in braille. To mimic Frank, "I think they have Christine's name on the trophy already".

drudager

[26]Aug 28, 2012
    Oh Twitter makes me sick. Nobody is rooting for Becky. It's all blah blah blah I want this, I want that, rooting for Christine even tho she wasn't even in the pressure test. Something I wanted to see: who has the most Twitter followers? Becky: 6,564. Frank: 5,578. Josh:9,579. Monti: 11,762. Christine: 18,106. This stupid country.

MajLorne

[27]Aug 28, 2012
    lmao! :sigh: I hear ya on the drama bs. I was disappointed Frank got sent home. Josh is the weakest of the 3 and I will agree that if Christine wins, this show is fixed and I will not bother with next season. Much as Becky isn't my favorite, I think overall it makes the most sense if she wins it all as she has been consistent throughout the whole show.

argh, i hate the over sentimental crap. I'm glad I don't bother with twitter. Good god...

drudager

[28]Sep 4, 2012
    I'm done with MasterChef. Once I heard Christine mentioned her mother died when she was 14 that was the end of it. Josh & his castoff / underdog status & Christine's handicap + sob story Becky had no chance in hell of ever making it to the finals. She showed way more finesse & talent than either of these two (really? nitpicking about the entree portion, Chefs? You serve miniscule portions) and didn't Graham say something about judging on *just* tonight's performance in spite of the fact? Becky should have made the finals. But it's a Fox show, so she didn't.

Screw Fox and their ratings grabs, MasterChef gift shop & sentimental stories. Fox: always about ratings & being trendy over substance. That's 3 MasterChef winners that had no business winning in the 1st place. Poor editing by Fox with Becky-heavy footage tonight, too. It was painted that nobody was rooting for Becky, either.

MajLorne

[29]Sep 4, 2012
    Yup, and now that it's just Josh and Christine, i think you may as well give the trophy to Christine as I don't think Josh was even good enough for top 3. If Frank and Becky were still here as top 2, I'd care more, but now I'll just watch the ending to see if it is a predictable winner. If Josh wins there's still hope, but I don't see it and with that, I'm done with the show (if Christine wins).

drudager

[30]Sep 5, 2012
    It should had been a Becky / Frank finale. But this show is not about substance, it's about who we want to win! This show honestly makes me sick. Screw Ramsay, Elliott & Bastianich - I have lost all respect for them & will never eat at one of their restaurants. They're just a bunch of shell less corporate tool sellouts looking to peddle a bunch of gift shop crap & a phony sob story. Any show that praises Paula Deen - the most dangerous person in America - is total garbage. You might as well put Rachael Ray or Sandra Lee on the show because they are a total joke & have no real formal culinary training or credentials. Ramsay, Elliott & Bastianich are all a bunch of egomaniacs looking for fame because they have nothing else better to do. Yeah, let's have a blind person cook with SHARP KNIVES & immaculately PLATE on a serious cooking competitive show. They can go choke on a Walmart steak.

frontman19

[31]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 14

I'm actually pretty happy with the final 2, they were my favorites from the beginning, and I guess I was in the minority for hoping that Becky goes home. Yes Becky had finesse, but she was so boring...her food wasn't soulful or interesting it was always "elegant" and "upscale" and I don't care worthy. Yes she was technically talented, but so are Josh and Christine, especially Christine. Yes I didn't care for the sob stories, but whatever I let it go because the dishes looked really good. I'm rooting for Josh in the finale, but this year, unlike last year, I have a 100% chance of not being disappointed.

drudager

[32]Sep 6, 2012
    I saw a Tweet that said "for the 2nd consecutive year, the best chef finished 3rd" and that is so true. Remember that long-haired tattoo freak Christian? He was constantly killing it last season. But there was no way they were ever going to put his grizzled hippie face on a cookbook because it would never sell & he, like Becky, were not liked. And we all know MasterChef is about putting a pretty face in a popularity contest on a cookbook. It's all about image over substance because that's the Fox way. I can almost see Christine's cookbook cover with her white cane in the left corner. I'll take boring, elegant & upscale over assisted and soulful if I want fine dining. Becky is much more suited for 5-star restaurants while Josh & Christine would be more for casual dining. This show lost a lot of credibility and so did Gordon, Graham & Joe. They may be world-class chefs but they are tools to the Man. Ramsay ($118 million 2010), Elliott N/A, Bastianich ($15 million) could all foot the bill on this show themselves on their own dime, own standards & they sure didn't need Walmart's help to do it. The only reason why anybody watched this show is because it's summer & there's nothing else on. Dishes looking good is only part of the equation & what's so frustrating is we can't taste the dishes. Christine should had been competing by herself the whole time & should have never gotten this far.

drudager

[33]Sep 6, 2012
    Also, I thought the name of the show was "MasterChef" & to find one, not "Let's find the next Paula Deen"

drudager

[34]Sep 10, 2012
    Once again Christine is being assisted. At least they had the sense to condense two hours of b.s. into 1 hour & spare us anymore of this Christine lovefest. That's funny, a contestant who was eliminated 8 episodes ago & from Wikipedia:

"Josh, his four dishes went disastrously wrong; his sunny-side up egg was cooked correctly but under-seasoned, his omelet was flat and tasteless, his poached egg was overcooked, and his boiled egg was even more undercooked than Becky's. Josh was eliminated for turning in what was clearly the weakest performance of the three."

I thought eggs were Culinary 101. A little prediction here: they brought two little kids related to Josh, so naturally, did they bring them along to scream in horror when Josh loses to Christine - whom had all adults on her team? And that fatass Graham crying at Josh seeing his family, that makes me sick. What a phony.

drudager

[35]Sep 10, 2012

Josh's undercooked lobster (really? in the MasterChef finale?) Christine's appetizer & entree (crab salad & pork belly with rice & egg) both look horribly plated. Josh's are both superior in design & concept. And once again, it's a Christine lovefest. Why don't you just crown her right now? Josh played the bacon angle in his pecan pie crust. Christine's sorbet lacks lime flavor. If I didn't know better, I swear this was Josh's to lose.

Oh yeah, Christine is conceited. And Christine won. You make me puke, Christine. Bull ****ing ****. Stupid b.s. of "against all odds; dreams can come true". More like a network ratings ploy. Josh should have won that. Ramsay scoffed when Joe & Graham decided they picked the right one. You are no Master Chef, Christine. You are a pawn used by a shady network in a scheme for ratings & ulterior motifs. MasterChef has lost all credibility.

Christine: "MasterChef is mine, baby! That's what the producers told me! This thing is totally RIGGED!"

Totally rigged indeed.

MajLorne

[36]Sep 10, 2012
    I didn't watch the finale and from that post it looks like I was justified. I'm sorry to say that I'm going to pass on season4 next year. I like Christine, but I get the feeling this show was rigged from the start. I too can't believe they allowed her to have help. It's the damn finals, you shouldn't get any help. It's a shame, it made the summer pass nicely, but everyone is a sellout and I've totally had it with the bs commercial cliffhangers. Enough with the stringing up of emotions and over the top sob stories. I want an actual competition, leave the drama for lifetime or TLC.

Although season 2, Christian was a total asswipe the way Ryan was this year and I didn't care for him. The 2nd runner up last year was also inconsistent and I was surprised he managed to get to top 2. Season1, for sure David deserved to win over 7min chicken girl. That was total bs.

frontman19

[37]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 14

I mean it's pretty obvious this show is rigged, if you didn't know that from the beginning I really don't understand why you didn't quit watching it last season? As I said before I would be happy either way with the outcome, but I was slightly rooting for Josh and his dishes did look technically better, but I guess undercooked lobster did him in, I knew it from the beginning. Plus, he did get eliminated once, how would it look for him to win? The show would have even less credibility than it does already. Also, I don't mean this to be sexist but I'm seriously waiting for a male Masterchef, come on a man's face can sell a cookbook just as much as a women's...pick someone for talent, not just someone who will sell.

MajLorne

[38]Sep 11, 2012
    I had no problems with season 2 and to be honest I did enjoy seeing the dishes the contestants cooked. This season I was hoping they wouldn't be so obvious by anointing Christine. I still wished it was a Frank vs Becky final as those 2 had the most talent and were team leaders the most times.
    Yeah, it does seem they are going for pretty looking women. But as far as 'minorities', how could they not pick Josh? But as I said, now that Christine won, that's that and I'm done with this show.

drudager

[40]Sep 11, 2012

frontman19 wrote:
    I mean it's pretty obvious this show is rigged, if you didn't know that from the beginning I really don't understand why you didn't quit watching it last season?

The memories of Season 2 were pretty forgotten, it was summer & there was nothing else on & I was bored, wanted something new to watch. But this season was by far the worst & most blatant rigged. I honestly did not care that Christine was blind but of course, the Twitter universe was all over that & the sympathy was beyond nauseating.

It's this stupid country brought up on Disney crap where happy endings always happen. It should had been a Becky / Frank final & I think Becky would have won, but of course nobody liked Becky at all & it would had been an absolute cookbook sales disaster if she won. They were afraid to even let it happen; just like last season with that longhaired druggie Christian jerk. The Network producers probably said, "Ok, [contestant] cannot make the finals, they scored terrible in the test screenings. Make it happen that they don't make it!".

Another downfall to this show was that on some days, the losers would have won or aced a pressure test & this show has serious consistency issues including little or no explanations for the chef judge's final decisions. There's a reason why I don't watch Fox reality shows & I feel like an idiot for watching this & Hell's Kitchen because I love cooking too much. Fox is a garbage network (and I hate what they did to the NFL) and everything they touch turns to crap. I couldn't care less about the contestants backstories or how much they hate their jobs or how desperate they are, it's a cooking show and it's the cooking that show matter most. As long as we're picking angles, I'll go with "another American lost to a foreigner". Ramsay & Bastianich have ties to the Old World so there's another angle to it. One thing is for sure: I will boycott all 3 chef judges restaurants & they won't get one rat dime out of me.