MasterChef Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Season 4

MajLorne

[1]Jul 4, 2013
    • level: 21

Just curious if there's still anyone watching or if christine winning last year was the final draw and people just turned off by the show.

I admit that i just watch on and off now if nothing else is going on. Smh nothing's changed: joe still has an attitude and there's always one or 2 ahole type contestants. I will say one of the dark haired ladies looks really hot (she was one of the bottom 4 that had to cook in vegas to stay in the competition, don't remember the name).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

osobenawitch

[2]Jul 5, 2013
    • level: 12
    I still watch it! I think it's still a great show. Are you talking about Natasha? Long, dark, straight hair?

MajLorne

[3]Jul 5, 2013

Yup, that's her. Just caught a rerun of last week's ep that i missed this week. I don't think she will get far, but lucky for her there seems to be worse cooks than her.

Edited on 07/05/2013 8:56pm

MajLorne

[4]Sep 4, 2013
    I guess I must be the only one still watching. What is it with this show and arrogant jerks? I get it's probably for the fake drama, but seriously that Krissy person seems dangerous. If a coworker went nuts like that, the cops would be called up to remove that person. I'm glad she's finally gone. The top 3 is more or less decent enough and better than last year's group. I like Luca the most of the 3, but don't mind if the other 2 ladies win either. I think I'll hang around for the finale and then finally call it quits for this show. I'd like for one season they didn't need the typical jerk just to pump up the drama. smh at the junior version coming soon. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse...

disimny2003

[5]Sep 9, 2013
    • level: 5
    I was upset that Krissi went home instead of Jesse. Jesse was horrible and completely ignored Krissi in the kitchen. I didn't want Krissi to win but, she definitely should not have gone home before Jesse. I hope Luca wins this whole thing.

MajLorne

[6]Sep 9, 2013
    I think Jessie was fed up with how she had to do most of the work while Krissi kept going on with some excuse. Jessie was the team captain (like it or not). This was a bit odd as of the 3, I'd have thought Jessie would be the least hostile to Krissi. Like with the sushi challenge, Natasha pretty much did like 80% of the work with Krissi doing what Natasha told her to do. In that case Krissi had no issues with taking orders.
    Krissi had been lucky to be top 4 with how others have given her a free pass to bump off other contestants. The top 5 ep, if she didn't 'cheat' by looking at what the others took to make that soup, she wouldn't have been safe and maybe James would still be there instead of Natasha being saved for the second top 5 ep.

Oh well either way I too hope Luca wins. Natasha is full of herself and I'm getting fed up with her as well. Natasha looks great, but I don't think many people would be wanting to buy her book given how nasty she can be. (at least I wouldn't want to buy anything from her.)

frontman19

[7]Sep 12, 2013
    • level: 14

For the first time I actually agree with Masterchef's pick to win. Luca absolutely deserved it in every way. He was ultra-creative, risky, a phenomenal technical chef, showed phenomenal growth throughout the season, was a good person and a great competitor. Everything a true masterchef needs and they finally picked right. Finally, finally. More respect earned for this show.

MajLorne

[8]Sep 12, 2013
    I am very happy Luca won, he shows how good a character he was in helping his fellow competitor unlike cutthroat Natasha. So I don't feel bad Natasha lost. Luca totally deserved it. Plus it doesn't hurt he had a better motivation for winning than her. Luca's been on fire since that Las Vegas ep and I'm glad for him. So I dunno, the show redeems itself, but I'm not fully committed to returning for season5.

disimny2003

[9]Sep 12, 2013
    • level: 5
    Yes, I'm so glad Luca won. Luca deserved it. Like you said Natasha was too cutthroat!

Colin_Rob_Rock

[10]Sep 16, 2013
    • level: 10

After a home run in season 1 a third straight strike out. After the last to winners I thought it couldn't get worse but they tied it again. Another mistake but I keep coming back hoping they finally get it right. It should have been Natasha vs. Jessie in the final.

ammizny

[11]Sep 17, 2013
    • level: 12
    Natasha got robbed. Sure, if you wanted the "nicer person" or the more interesting story of how Luca improved after getting shot down last year, I can see him winning. If you wanted the better home cook throughout the entire competition, it was clear Natasha should have won. She won way more Mystery Boxes and team challenges, several of which she was the captain.

MajLorne

[12]Sep 17, 2013

Well, I don't doubt that Natasha deserved to be top 2, she deserved that. I dunno if top 5 pt 1 she was really in danger of being eliminated or if it was just to build up the drama. By all accounts she could've been eliminated there and James might've been in the running for top 2 or 3.

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

After a home run in season 1 a third straight strike out. After the last to winners I thought it couldn't get worse but they tied it again. Another mistake but I keep coming back hoping they finally get it right. It should have been Natasha vs. Jessie in the final.

I dunno, I still don't agree with season 1. 7 min chicken will never win me over, just can't buy it. Jessie wasn't doing too well towards the end. She had many chances due to the other contestants having a worse dish or performance keeping her safe. Season 3, I think we can all agree was a major mistake.